I Want To Draft A De In The First Just To See What Nolan Will Do With Him

DirtyBirdSupabowl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you like at DE?? Jarvis Jones looks awesome for Georgia. He left USC for UGA after problems with an injury due to stenosis of the spine... But man this dude is lightening off the edge.

Are we going with a 3-4 type of guy? I think we MUST get a badazz DE with Abe getting up there and Ray looking ineffective at best.

Here is a linkage to some college talent for the upcoming draft http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/DE

I'd go Short in the first, Lemonier in the second and Joseph Fauria in the third. Or if Fauria's stock rises, I'd go Fauria in the 2nd and Sean Porter in the third. Porter is at Texas A&M and plays OLB but is a good pass rusher. Had 9.5 sacks last year in an attempt to replace Miller. He good ability, can play 4-3 OLB and rush the passer so we can continue to develop our DEs without cutting one. Plus, our 3-3-5 looks would be lethal. Spoon, Nic and Porter can all get to the QB.

I really want Jarvis Jones in a Falcons uniform next year, but we would definitely have to trade up in the 1st to get him.

I wonder could the neck issue from his USC days possibly drop him......

But to the topic... I def think we need to get some Nolan type guys early in the draft that he wants in his scheme

anyone think Turner and Gonzalez will be gone next year ?

2 big time players to replace soon ...

I'm hoping massaquo steps up or even Mathews looked good in the first game against the chiefs.

if there's that pass rusher there at 29-32 that Nolan cant resist I hope we get him .

Not to be mean... But i dont see Turner as a big time player.... I see him as a decent RB now... I used to see him as a Elite RB in this league... He is not the same back... Ofcourse he can still contribute but i dont see him as this HUGE piece .

Well, if we are picking at 32 like we all hope, most of the less risky DEs, DTs, CBs will likely be long gone. Seems like the TEs start coming off the board in the late 1st, so I wouldn't rule that out as the pick. Not what I would prefer in the 1st, but might end up as the best pick available.