Abe Arrested

SaintRay

2nd Falcon in a week.....Blank is going to have clean house soon of these kinda players. Right?

Falcons’ John Abraham arrested for obstructing police, firefighters

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 24, 2012, 8:44 PM EDT

439x-41.jpg?w=250 Getty Images

For the second time in just under a week, a well-known player on the Atlanta Falcons has been arrested.

Atlanta police arrested Falcons defensive end John Abraham today on charges of obstruction of police and obstruction of firefighters, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

The Atlanta Police Department said police and firefighters were responding to a call about a woman threatening to jump from a building, and Abraham refused their requests to leave the area. It is unclear why Abraham wouldn’t leave the area, or whether he knows the woman.

The woman did not jump and was not injured.

The obstruction charges are misdemeanors. Abraham, who has started all three games for the Falcons this season and is tied for the team lead with two sacks, is expected to be booked at the Fulton County Jail and released.

Last week Falcons running back Michael Turner was arrested for drunk driving just hours after the Falcons’ victory over the Broncos on Monday Night Football.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danight, you can laugh it off, but 2 players being arrested in one week isn't a laughing matter.

I guess your position is winning absolves and excuses both of the high profile player arrests?

Falcons fans were ALL OVER Dez this offseason, talk about karma...happy.png

A dui and speeding, and Abes who knows what the crap kinda charge is obstructing firefighters? Thats some weak stuff.

No one even is sure whats up with abes stuff yet on what is going on rumor wise. But he might have not left because he was trying to save that ladys life. We dont know why he wouldnt leave.

But a dui and speeding for Turner: even hiz honor doesnt care about that.

http://profootballta...d-firefighters/

Hiz honor doesnt care about Abe either. See minor stuff. The falcons arent getting baby sitters or putting bed times on either of them

Abe probably didn't leave because he was trying to save the womens life. I wouldn't have left either if i was him.

The Atlanta Police Department said police and firefighters were responding to a call about a woman threatening to jump from a building, and Abraham refused their requests to leave the area. It is unclear why Abraham wouldn’t leave the area, or whether he knows the woman.

The woman did not jump and was not injured.

Edited by danight

Tuner gets his drink on... Dez going straight gansta with his mom trying to be a pimp. Turner admited who he was and what happened. Dez got a baby sitter and lies started flying to cover his azz.

Dez volunteered for what happened to him, he also volunteered for counseling twice a week. Please dont talk about something if you dont have all the facts.

Edited by Rave

I'm not trying to sound like a little girl who defends "my guy" ... but this is really a non story.. I guess the fact that Turner was arrested is supposed to make this a big deal.. but he isn't driving drunk or beating up his mom.. so I really don't understand what the issue is

I'm not trying to sound like a little girl who defends "my guy" ... but this is really a non story.. I guess the fact that Turner was arrested is supposed to make this a big deal.. but he isn't driving drunk or beating up his mom.. so I really don't understand what the issue is

Ray is fishing with no bait on the line...... He is trying to hard with this thread.

Ray is fishing with no bait on the line...... He is trying to hard with this thread.

trying hard? Hardly.

2 Falcons were ARRESTED within 1 week.

That isn't fishing or trying hard.

Abe

If the police and firefighters are trying to stop a person from taking her life, and Abe or any other person wanders by and is told to leave by the authorities, you LEAVE.

When you don't, you are ARRESTED.

Turner

Then we have a drunk person driving 97 MPH and it's no big deal? Please........

If he hit you or your family member and killed them, it wouldn't be a big deal huh?

I don't care if these are Falcon or Saint players....they were arrested.

Turner didn't have crap on me. I hit 125 threw maryland and blew by a cop and he didn't even try to catch me.

If Abe was trying to save her life and he knew her... screw it. Arrest me. Im not gonna let someone die and know i might have been able to say or do something.

Edited by danight

Well it is what it is ray... talking it up like there's turmoil in atlanta isnt going to make it so

You of all Atlanta posters taking this position is surprising. Both arrests were national news, not buried in the Atlanta newspaper. Who said anything about turmoil?

Are you unconcerned by either of the actions of these players?

You of all Atlanta posters taking this position is surprising. Both arrests were national news, not buried in the Atlanta newspaper. Who said anything about turmoil?

Vick was national news.... this is TMZ stuff.

Turner didn't have crap on me. I hit 125 threw maryland and blew by a cop and he didn't even try to catch me. If Abe was trying to save her life and he knew her... screw it. Arrest me. Im not gonna let someone die and know i might have been able to say or do something.

Link where there is any confirmation he knew her.

You probably overlooked my fifty post demanding turner's sorry *** be booted out of atlanta

this on the other hand, is a little different. for one.. we don't know what's happening here. Did Abe just happen to roll up on the scene and say "AW hells ya.. im gon' raise some **** up in here" and jump out of his car and start obstructing?

or maybe he knew the person and was extremely concerned and didn't want to leave them?

I mean we don't know yet.. so Im failing to find a reason to start worrying over the attitudes of our players as a whole

You probably overlooked my fifty post demanding turner's sorry *** be booted out of atlanta

this on the other hand, is a little different. for one.. we don't know what's happening here. Did Abe just happen to roll up on the scene and say "AW hells ya.. im gon' raise some **** up in here" and jump out of his car and start obstructing?

or maybe he knew the person and was extremely concerned and didn't want to leave them?

I mean we don't know yet.. so Im failing to find a reason to start worrying over the attitudes of our players as a whole

I can understand your point, but I read over and over this offseason about the standup type of players the Falcons organization demands, and Turner starts the week after driving drunk at 97 MPH. Now Abe is arrested for failing to abide by Police and Firefighter demands. (Abe likely isn't skilled in suicide negotiations)

So are these events excuseable? Non-stories?