Bench Vick

Which is...oh I don't know...maybe about $60 mil less than $100 million??

I'm not the world's smartest man...but I'm smart enough to know a few things:

1. It's not the total contract, but how it's written...where does the 'dead money' fall? Vick's deal was front-loaded with the guaranteed $, back-loaded with the funny money.

2. I don't give a rat's #&@ what the deal 'says' if #1 above is taken care of. It's not 'my money'...and all players are overpaid...so who really cares?

C. (in honor of Rocky) There will always be naive fans out there that watch espn, hear about a deal, and immediately think a team was 'dumb' or 'smart'...without knowing what the deal really is

Maybe the Eagles front office hadn't taken notice that Vick was one of the most inconsistent players to ever play the QB position. laugh.png

The cardinals are a good team. Beat the patriots and the eagles. Losing to the cardinals is not something to ashamed of

Losing the way the Patriots did would be agonizing, but losing the way the Eagles did was closer to humiliation territory. The Eagles have humiliated us a couple times in recent memory so I remember what it looks like when you give up about as many sacks as you put points on the board.