Bench Vick

Simple enough statement. 10 year vets shouldn't turn the ball over 8 times (could've been many more) in 3 games. Eagles are 2-1 on the strength of their D only.

I realize the o-line is injured and not performing...but this goes well beyond that. Many things would look different with another QB behind center.

Edwards or Foles would improve this 'team'...I just see no reason to go with Edwards...he's not the future. Foles may or may not be...but at least he's shown promise and is the direction they should look to....

Simple enough statement. 10 year vets shouldn't turn the ball over 8 times (could've been many more) in 3 games. Eagles are 2-1 on the strength of their D only.

I realize the o-line is injured and not performing...but this goes well beyond that. Many things would look different with another QB behind center.

Edwards or Foles would improve this 'team'...I just see no reason to go with Edwards...he's not the future. Foles may or may not be...but at least he's shown promise and is the direction they should look to....

Please wait until after our game.

One thing a lot of people forgot about Vick after 2010 was that he had games where he stood in the pocket and made throws when he was with us, his ability to do that isn't the problem, it's that when he can't step up and/or when there's outside pressure that forces him to move in the pocket he's looking for running lanes and improvised throwing lanes instead of going by the play. Especially against a team like Arizona that wasn't really hyped going into the game but has a really athletic defense where everyone knows what they're doing, Vick always has the potential to lay an egg.

Vicks biggest issue was and will be the fact HE GOT PAID. When he first came in he had something to prove and earn. Thats when he is his best. When he is scared, like scared of being benched (maybe).

He is a competitor and he will go out and do some of his magic. But the injury and hits come with that magic. But also does respect from the D to keep a spy on him and break the coverage. The Eagles havent got the perfect hybrid of running/passing strong arm QB.

Here is 1 fact Eagles fans should remember from his days with the falcons. We had Schuab as his backup. We kept Schuab not to play Reid trade bait tricks (even though we kinda did). But he was a sure fire backup we felt safe with if he had to come in and take over the season.

Vick is high risk high reward all in type of player. Meaning your gonna risk those turnovers or risk injuries if your gonna get mr excitement. But Vick has to be Vick.

1 thing is for sure though. Id be looking for that for sure backup who can be the future without a doubt. That insurance policy.

Glad the Eagles got ripped for 100 Million to. The difference is we were fooled the first time. Eagles were fooled after the fact.

I still find it funny that people will listen to a new deal announced on espn (or wherever)...and take it as concrete. Why more people haven't realized that a contact isn't worth the paper it's written on is beyond me.

The eagles paid Vick a lot of money, yes. But if you are one of the few that feel the Eagles gave him $100 mil, give me a call...I have a lot of things to sell...all are worth a ton, but I'll sell them cheap...

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!! Just wait until the offseason when he claims, yet again, that he is finally taking the game serious!

I actually believe he's taking the game serious now...he's just not that good at it.

I don't think it's a question of effort...

Wow...really?

I mean....really?

You been around long enough to expect that. You cant be shocked. I remember when there was 2 groups. The lovers and the haters and every thread went down in Vick fireballs of flames. You could say a hurricane was outside and somehow it became Vicks fault.

But Gotta admit falcons fans have the best insight of him. We saw him at his best and worst. Where 1 sec he took the franchise to new highs and threw us into the lowest of lows.

I have some Eagles fans on facebook as freinds and i warned them from day 1 about getting to excited about Vick. But the eagles are a good team with a lot of talent. Just need to simple things out some for Vick. He will never be Rodgers who can run and pass like crazy.

Vick can lead the eagles to where they wanna go, but he has to be himself. Alterhimself to much and he wont be able to handle it all or it will be sloppy and risky of turnovers.

You been around long enough to expect that. You cant be shocked. I remember when there was 2 groups. The lovers and the haters and every thread went down in Vick fireballs of flames. You could say a hurricane was outside and somehow it became Vicks fault.

But Gotta admit falcons fans have the best insight of him. We saw him at his best and worst. Where 1 sec he took the franchise to new highs and threw us into the lowest of lows.

I have some Eagles fans on facebook as freinds and i warned them from day 1 about getting to excited about Vick. But the eagles are a good team with a lot of talent. Just need to simple things out some for Vick. He will never be Rodgers who can run and pass like crazy.

Vick can lead the eagles to where they wanna go, but he has to be himself. Alterhimself to much and he wont be able to handle it all or it will be sloppy and risky of turnovers.

You misunderstand me...

I wasn't shocked at how Falcon fans view Vick now...I told them to view hi that way 'years' ago...

What Im shocked at is that some people still think when they hear $100 million...that it means just that. I'm shocked at how naive some are.

Eagles can cut Vick at the end of this year and 'gain' $10.5 mil in cap space....I'm shocked that some dont bother to educate themselves on obvious stuff....that's all.

You misunderstand me...

I wasn't shocked at how Falcon fans view Vick now...I told them to view hi that way 'years' ago...

What Im shocked at is that some people still think when they here $100 million...that it means just that. I'm shocked at how naive some are.

Eagles can cut Vick at the end of this year and 'gain' $10.5 mil in cap space....I'm shocked that some dont bother to educate themselves on obvious stuff....that's all.

40$M Guaranteed.

lol_gif.gif

You misunderstand me...

What Im shocked at is that some people still think when they hear $100 million...that it means just that. I'm shocked at how naive some are.

I get that he's not actually going to make 100 million from that contract, but at the same time the Eagles have been a team with Super Bowl aspirations the last two years, as they've had most of the last decade, and if Vick only had that one good year in him the Eagles are going from a contender to having to restart at quarterback.

40$M Guaranteed.

lol_gif.gif

Which is...oh I don't know...maybe about $60 mil less than $100 million??

I'm not the world's smartest man...but I'm smart enough to know a few things:

1. It's not the total contract, but how it's written...where does the 'dead money' fall? Vick's deal was front-loaded with the guaranteed $, back-loaded with the funny money.

2. I don't give a rat's #&@ what the deal 'says' if #1 above is taken care of. It's not 'my money'...and all players are overpaid...so who really cares?

C. (in honor of Rocky) There will always be naive fans out there that watch espn, hear about a deal, and immediately think a team was 'dumb' or 'smart'...without knowing what the deal really is

I get that he's not actually going to make 100 million from that contract, but at the same time the Eagles have been a team with Super Bowl aspirations the last two years, as they've had most of the last decade, and if Vick only had that one good year in him the Eagles are going from a contender to having to restart at quarterback.

Restarting at QB isn't always a bad thing...

Couldn't disagree more.....

It's a very young team....

It's a very young team and a very fragile team that just got whupped by the Cardinals. They need to right the ship with genuine leadership and grit or they're not going to win a lot of games in the near future and management will have to think about where the team is really heading and what has to be changed.