Hats Off Again To The Replacement Refs

Bring It

At least for the early games this Sunday, they did a very good job.

In fact I think they do a BETTER job than the regulars who CONSISTANLY make "Phantom" pass interference calls when there is feather like contact. They must effect the game, not content with just officiating it.

I like the job the replacement guys are doing.

They have done an absolutely terrible job in this Redskins Rams game. Its possibly the worst officiated game i have ever seen and its still the 1st half.

Now they are calling pass interference in this Jets game when the receiver isnt even being touched. I have no clue as to what these guys are seeing and neither do the announcers.

Edited by the_sheff

They have done an absolutely terrible job in this Redskins Rams game. Its possibly the worst officiated game i have ever seen and its still the 1st half.

Now they are calling pass interference in this Jets game when the receiver isnt even being touched. I have no clue as to what these guys are seeing and neither do the announcers.

Beat me too it about the Redskins-Rams game. Absolutely pathetic. The Jets-Steelers game was pretty bad too. Yes they are calling the game fairly as far as that goes but it's absolutely horrible the amount of missed calls and just flat out awful calls. I have never since just cheap and dirty plays as I saw from the Rams today and they didn't get 1 single flag and I've seen defenders just mugging receivers and not get called for anything. Those are calls that must be made.

Alex Smith slid down to avoid a hit from a defender tonight and still took an elbow to the helmet, that bloodied his nose, with no call. I saw a Rams player launch himself at a Redskins receiver and hit him helmet-to-helmet and nothing was called. I saw a Steelers player kick a Jets player in a scrum after a play was over without it being called. I saw a Rams offensive lineman mug London Fletcher after a play was over and nothing was called. Those are calls that must be made. Roger Goodell can't sit around and talk about how he's wanting to protect the players and then allow plays like the ones described go unpunished.

I'll admit there have been some situations where I went WTF on things that seemed obvious to me.

Looks like they get befuddled on how to apply the rules more than on gameplay.

But it seems to me that at least the replacements tend to let the teams play with less penalties ( that's what was said on ESPN or NFL network or somebody).

Plus, they don't seem to be as biased.

I could be wrong on that, but I remember plenty of WTF calls with the regular ones, too.

Edited by rounz

I think the fact that we all know they are "replacements" makes them look worse than they are, and that much easier to blame when things go wrong (See Joe Flacco). Are they as good as the previous refs/ no, but they are 90% as good.

People need to quit whining about the refs. Go back and watch the last 6-7 Falcons Ain'ts games and tell me that officiating is that much worse than it had been before.

I think the fact that we all know they are "replacements" makes them look worse than they are, and that much easier to blame when things go wrong (See Joe Flacco). Are they as good as the previous refs/ no, but they are 90% as good.

People need to quit whining about the refs. Go back and watch the last 6-7 Falcons Ain'ts games and tell me that officiating is that much worse than it had been before.

Good points. I like the fact that the replacement refs let the players play. Gotta think that could help us at home. But who knows?

I'll admit there have been some situations where I went WTF on things that seemed obvious to me.

Looks like they get befuddled on how to apply the rules more than on gameplay.

But it seems to me that at least the replacements tend to let the teams play with less penalties ( that's what was said on ESPN or NFL network or somebody).

Plus, they don't seem to be as biased.

I could be wrong on that, but I remember plenty of WTF calls with the regular ones, too.

The fact that they are letting the receivers and defenders hand fight more and that they are calling the games the same on both sides are the only thing I like about the replacement refs. Everything else is horrible.

The fact that they are letting the receivers and defenders hand fight more and that they are calling the games the same on both sides are the only thing I like about the replacement refs. Everything else is horrible.

Yeah, I agree they don't seem to know many of the rules very well

I've seen some mistakes but overall I love the way they are calling the games. They are even letting these mofos scrap a little bit.

They are going to get someone seriously injured like this. The Rams knew the refs were letting them play dirty so they took cheap shots every chance they got. They were rolling over on players after they were down and taking cheap shots to the face of everyone. Thats why that Redskins receiver finally lost it, they were getting cheap shotted all game long and the refs didnt even warn the Rams. I wonder if you will feel the same way if our players start being the recipients of cheap shots.

That Cowboys play is just one example of a blatantly dirty hit that was not called. Then they have the nerve to call personal foul penalties on players that were barely touched like the one guy who was tapped on his shoulder on the way out of bounds, and the call on RG3 when he was running near the sideline.

Edited by the_sheff

In any case the reffs are doing the best they can at this point. IMO ( and call me out on this) these reffs could be ( with proper training and time) better then the old ones by a mile.

Give these guys a chance over the next few weeks to adjust to the game. I wholeheartedly believe that the new reffs are trying really hard to prove that they can do a better job. Every week will be better then the last.

Imagin the old reffs in the past two weeks games...... Maybe worse then you think.

All in all.... Minimum injurys and real football. Me likey

In any case the reffs are doing the best they can at this point. IMO ( and call me out on this) these reffs could be ( with proper training and time) better then the old ones by a mile.

Give these guys a chance over the next few weeks to adjust to the game. I wholeheartedly believe that the new reffs are trying really hard to prove that they can do a better job. Every week will be better then the last.

Imagin the old reffs in the past two weeks games...... Maybe worse then you think.

All in all.... Minimum injurys and real football. Me likey

I totally disagree that they are getting better every week. They did a very good job in week 1 but yesterday they were awful.

I think the fact that we all know they are "replacements" makes them look worse than they are, and that much easier to blame when things go wrong (See Joe Flacco). Are they as good as the previous refs/ no, but they are 90% as good. People need to quit whining about the refs. Go back and watch the last 6-7 Falcons Ain'ts games and tell me that officiating is that much worse than it had been before.

THIS!!!

The *itching is just an excuse since they are "replacement refs". They arent blowing any calls the regulars would have blown. In fact, everyone wanted to kill them. There were threads dedicated to petitioning the commish to do something about officiating last season. Fans will always complain about officiating. When the regs come back, it will be "bring back the replacements."

Edited by irú olóyè kan ti Ôlörun

THIS!!!

The *itching is just an excuse since they are "replacement refs". They arent blowing any calls the regulars would have blown. In fact, everyone wanted to kill them. There were threads dedicated to petitioning the commish to do something about officiating last season. Fans will always complain about officiating. When the regs come back, it will be "bring back the replacements."

I would be bitching regardless. I'll admit that. But the cheap and dirty stuff I saw yesterday would be called by the regular refs.