Monday Night A Must Win

It's time for this team to put up or shut up. Given our recent history of playoff losses it's time to make that statement that we are an upper eshelon team. Winning at home on national tv is what those teams do. A loss would say we are still not there period.

Sorry to you compassionate losers who have a problem with this post but it's just time for this team to take the next step.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time for this team to put up or shut up. Given our recent history of playoff losses it's time to make that statement that we are an upper eshelon team. Winning at home on national tv is what those teams do. A loss would say we are still not there period.

Sorry to you compassionate losers who have a problem with this post but it's just time for this team to take the next step.

That next step will is to be made in the post season, whether this game is won or lost.

It is a must win. This team needs to step up and prove that it can compete against the leagues best. The only thing that doesn't make it a must win is the fact that its the second game of the season. Every game is a must win IMO. I'm pretty sure that's the mindset of a lot of players even though they don't.say it publicly

I'm sorry but if you think this is not a must win then either:

(1) you have never won

(2) you are a loser

(3) you don't understand the progression in improving a football team.

If we lose MNF then you have no good reason to expect much else from this team the rest of the season. Like I said it's time to move on to the next level.

(1) you have never won

(2) you are a loser

If we lose MNF then you have no good reason to expect much else from this team the rest of the season. Like I said it's time to move on to the next level.

You enjoy making blanket statements dont you ?

And stop making reasons to accept failure!

Quote below reads like accepting the entire season as a failure after a game two loss.

I have at least 14 reasons to expect good possibly in the post season where it counts most, even if Monday's game is lost.

(1) you have never won

(2) you are a loser

Completely disagree with you. Like others have said, the next level is a postseason win. To say if we lose this game then the season is lost is pretty dumb to me...

Guest Negatorris

For those who don't see any importance in this game, please don't come back crying about the media verbal assault if we lose. I know how some posters are around here

Just because we say it is not a must win, doesn't mean we don't think it's important. We need to space ourselves from the rest of the division as much as we can. If you believe this game is a must win, you must be new to the NFL. There is still many more games to play. This game isn't even versus an NFC opponent.

Win or lose, I want to see a strong showing by the Falcons.

Some of the same ones saying this game is NOT a must win are some of the same ones who moan, groan, *itch, and complain when the media firestorm starts. What are you *itching for? Blame the team, not the media.

We NEED to win every game. Will we? Highly unlikely. Can we? The way some people around here talk, yes. This is a tough division plus the Falcons are known for choking on the big stage. We NEED to win. If we lose, at least we need to go down having shed blood, sweat, and tears, having left everything on the field. . . . .blood, guts, fortitude, everything.

Edited by irú olóyè kan ti Ôlörun

the game is def important but to say the whole season depends on it is dumb sorry

I'm not sayint that, but I just want to win this game to set the tone for the season and send a message to the other 31 teams in the NFL to let them now that we are serious about making a run through the playoffs, being contenders and we're sick of being playoff failures.

the game is def important but to say the whole season depends on it is dumb sorry

People pull this crap out of their rear every year. It's an important game no doubt, but not even as important as the ones against whoever will end up being the bottom feeder of our division. What's hilarious is they attempt to call "you" names, e.g. a loser if "you" don't agree or that "you" accept failure, as some childish attempt to get you to agree to their hype.

Just because we say it is not a must win, doesn't mean we don't think it's important. We need to space ourselves from the rest of the division as much as we can. If you believe this game is a must win, you must be new to the NFL. There is still many more games to play. This game isn't even versus an NFC opponent.

it doesn't matter if this is an NFC opponent or not, you approach the game with winning in your mind. It doesn't matter if its the first game or last game. One loss can easily go.a long way for any team. I would never say the season rides on tomorrow but a win will be special for this group of players. We have a very good offense going against a.top defense. They have a very good offense going against a fairly decent.defensive unit. Just imagine.how much momentum this defense will have with a top notch performance against these guys. Like I have said numerous times, Peyton Manning isn't the easiest competition, that has been proven. A win tomorrow will give us plenty of momentum going into games against San Diego. Dallas, New York, Philly. New Orleans and even Washington. Good teams go into every game with the mindset that that game is their last game. They even taught that in middle school and high school