For Everyone Who Thinks Nolan Is God

Tribal Chief

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People think that the loss of Grimes isn't a huge deal because of Mike Nolan. Now Krispy Kreme and Doormat Dunta are on the field. LOL!
well dunta was gonna be on the field regardless. I just hope Owens picks off one of the many balls that will be thrown his way tomorrow night cause you know he's gonna get picked on

OK, who actually thinks Nolan is God??? I think a lot of people are glad BVG is gone. This isn't Nolan's first gig. He did get fired from San Fran. Stopping Manning will be a task. Lets hope players and coaches bring their "A" game.

Edited by isproab

OK, who actually thinks Nolan is God??? I think a lot of people are glad BVG is gone. This isn't Nolan's first gig. He did get fired from San Fran. Stopping Manning will be a task. Lets hope players and coaches bring their "A" game.

Some guys are better coordinators than head coaches, take Mike Smith for example. As far as the God thing, I think I pretty much explained the way the term is meant to be taken. I wont go through that again. It's up to you to go back and read it and take it however you wanna take it from there

Our D will be worked by Peyton. It's unrealistic to expect very good defense from a new coordinator in week 2. The best we can hope is that our D is clicking in week 10-12. For the time being let's hope they can be at least opportunistic.

It's not unrealistic to expect good D from a new coordinator so soon. Take San Fran last year, true they are extremely talented on that side of the ball, but they clicked very quick

ok maybe nobody used the exact word "god" but when youre convinced hes going to turn guys like jerry, sidbury, and biermann into probowlers thats like turning water to wine son. Split hairs all you want a lot of folks acted like he was a bulletproof savior who was finally going to unleash the genius of td's drafting philosiphy when reality still dictates the same thing it always has. Garbage in garbage out.

Well I don't know how well our defense will do, but one thing is certain, Nolan will not play that soft zone style defense that BVG would have played, Manning will eat a defense like that alive, especially when the front four don't apply pressure as ours failed to do last week against the Chiefs. I think that is all anyone here ever expected out of Nolan. He can't execute the plays, and as he stated in the interview recently, he only has the tools at his disposal.

BTW, you don't get to just say forget about Grimes. Some people here seem clueless how HUGE that loss is to our team. Any NFL team is mainly made up of average players with a small core of impact players. Grimes was one of the best CBs in the league despite all these naysayers around here belittling his size (weirdest lame statement I ever heard). The package of Samuel, Robinson and Owens is not nearly as effective as Robinson, Grimes and Samuel. Cliches like "injuries happen: you just have to deal with them" do not change the huge impact they have on your team. Many of us recall the 99 Falcons were a joke after losing just one player, Jamaal Anderson who carried that team to the SB in 98.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

Well I don't know how well our defense will do, but one thing is certain, Nolan will not play that soft zone style defense that BVG would have played, Manning will eat a defense like that alive, especially when the front four don't apply pressure as ours failed to do last week against the Chiefs. I think that is all anyone here ever expected out of Nolan. He can't execute the plays, and as he stated in the interview recently, he only has the tools at his disposal.

BTW, you don't get to just say forget about Grimes. Some people here seem clueless how HUGE that loss is to our team. Any NFL team is mainly made up of average players with a small core of impact players. Grimes was one of the best CBs in the league despite all these naysayers around here belittling his size (weirdest lame statement I ever heard). The package of Samuel, Robinson and Owens is not nearly as effective as Robinson, Grimes and Samuel. Cliches like "injuries happen: you just have to deal with them" do not change the huge impact they have on your team. Many of us recall the 99 Falcons were a joke after losing just one player, Jamaal Anderson who carried that team to the SB in 98.

well I don't recall saying just forget about grimes. Let me go and double check my initial post to make sure because I know my words get a little twisted. Yep, I double checked, I only said no point in bringing up the loss of Grimes, simply because he's not gonna make any type of contribution to tonight's game. I think we all know how much he will be missed but you gotta move on. Edited by ya_boi_j

Tonights game is going to be a true test for our defense and our defense only. with the game film and coach peyton manning calling plays and audible's at the line, I believe in the second half if we don't switch our game plan up on defense that peyton will destroy us. With that being said I think that Nolan has a 1st half game plan and a second half game plan. second half u will c why we brought him in with the exotic blitz packages, and etc but in the first half more of rush four maybe five and use more coverage plays