For Everyone Who Thinks Nolan Is God

ya_boi_j

Tomorrow night will need to be his statement game. Beating a Peyton Manning led offense is one of the hardest things to do. No matter who he's throwing to, he makes them look like pro bowlers. This game will show us where our defense is whether you want to admit it or not. No need in bringing up the loss of Grimes because the damage is done, he ain't coming back. Even if he was here that wouldn't stop Manning from throwing his way.

Here's to a great game and hopefully our defense earns some respect. They have to play hard the whole game and tackle, not just the second half

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

In most of those games where he is 1-6 against Manning, the offense had to suck. Manning never put up 30 points on Nolan, and the Falcons O can very well put up 30 points if Ryan is protected.

In most of those games where he is 1-6 against Manning, the offense had to suck. Manning never put up 30 points on Nolan, and the Falcons O can very well put up 30 points if Ryan is protected.
Nolan has also had more talented units than the one he has to work with now so you have to factor that in as well. Plain and simple,.the defense has to respond to his playcalling or they will get torched.

I seriously doubt anyone actually thinks that.
have you been here the since he was hired. You would be amazed at how many people thought that the defense would make a complete turn around with his playcalling. The word God has been tossed around a few times Edited by ya_boi_j

have you been here the since he was hired. You would be amazed at how many people thought that the defense would make a complete turn around with his playcalling. The word God has been tossed around a few times

He's supposed to shore up the D. Other than this post I haven't seen him referred to as God. I don't expect that this game will be one to make his success that apparent.

He's supposed to shore up the D. Other than this post I haven't seen him referred to as God. I don't expect that this game will be one to make his success that apparent.

the reference of God doesn't mean he's god almighty. It means that people think that he's the kind of coach that can make any defense good just with his presence alone. I have seen plenty of God mentions when referring to.him on this board. Regardless that isn't the point. Point is this will be the game that he needs to strike fear into our future opponents by defending Peyton as good as any other opponent he faces this year. I know you don't wanna see a half assed performance in a matchup that is hyped up the way it is being hyped. If our defense doesn't show up, we lose the game. The offense will not score at will as they did last week.

Bro you need to dig up a quote that someone actually referred to Nolan as "God". That's a little strong to say that. I think alot of us are elated to have a real NFL DC for a change. We like Nolan and given time he WILL turn the defense completely around.
why would I do that when I specifically posted what the reference to God means few posts up. Don't know how much attention you've paid to the boards since he was hired but word has been used numerous times. The bad part is that seems to be the only thing people in this thread has read. The initial post has obviously been skipped over.

why would I do that when I specifically posted what the reference to God means few posts up. Don't know how much attention you've paid to the boards since he was hired but word has been used numerous times. The bad part is that seems to be the only thing people in this thread has read. The initial post has obviously been skipped over.

You make a valid point in your post but it gets overshadowed by the header lol.

the reference of God doesn't mean he's god almighty. It means that people think that he's the kind of coach that can make any defense good just with his presence alone. I have seen plenty of God mentions when referring to.him on this board. Regardless that isn't the point. Point is this will be the game that he needs to strike fear into our future opponents by defending Peyton as good as any other opponent he faces this year. I know you don't wanna see a half assed performance in a matchup that is hyped up the way it is being hyped. If our defense doesn't show up, we lose the game. The offense will not score at will as they did last week.

I get the point you're trying to make, some go way overboard. I've seen relief from BVG not being the guy, but not the God like anointment of Nolan suggested.

We'll find out tomorrow, but I don't expect him to be able to assert his defense tomorrow. I'm thinking it will be up to the offense to be the more dominant unit and be the difference. I believe they can still win without putting up 40.

I get the point you're trying to make, some go way overboard. I've seen relief from BVG not being the guy, but not the God like anointment of Nolan suggested.

We'll find out tomorrow, but I don't expect him to be able to assert his defense tomorrow. I'm thinking it will be up to the offense to be the more dominant unit and be the difference. I believe they can still win without putting up 40.

key will be turnovers. If we can force multiple 3 and outs and apply pressure on Peyton, that will help our secondary tremendously. I wanna see these blitz packages that were discussed when Nolan was hired. I wanna see some big nickel packages. I wanna see the quarterback panic more than 2 times lol. I agree that the offense will ultimately carry us bit in the end it will be up to the defense to stop the opposing offense. ****, ill settle with holding Denver to field goals al game as long as we answer with touchdowns