If Clabo's Out Monday Could He Loose His Job As The Rt Starter

THE ICEMAN

If he ends up being out wonder if Homles would get the start I think he would match up the best against that kind of speed that Von brings. And I really don't think Clabo the best fit in this offense at RT he's been good in the past for us but he's never been a great pass blocker. But still has been very good for us. If Homles or somebody else was to start and play well I'd like to see Clabo get a shot a RG. And as much props as homles has got this offseason I think that this would be a great chance to see if we got our RT of the Future.And I say RT because if he played at a high level there I wouldn't move him.

And hopefully I'm not the only one who's felt Clabo's play dipped last season and appears to be the same after game one this seasonyet is is still very early {only one game}. I think LT was so bad last year he got over looked.

If he ends up being out wonder if Homles would get the start I think he would match up the best against that kind of speed that Von brings. And I really don't think Clabo the best fit in this offense at RT he's been good in the past for us but he's never been a great pass blocker. But still has been very good for us. If Homles or somebody else was to start and play well I'd like to see Clabo get a shot a RG. And as much props as homles has got this offseason I think that this would be a great chance to see if we got our RT of the Future.And I say RT because if he played at a high level there I wouldn't move him.

And hopefully I'm not the only one who's felt Clabo's play dipped last season and appears to be the same after game one this seasonyet is is still very early {only one game}. I think LT was so bad last year he got over looked.

Clabo struggled last year against good defenses but I don't think Mike Johnson will be better at RT than Clabo. Lamar Holmes didn't take any snaps as RT. Losing Svitek could be big if Clabo can't play the game on Monday.

You are mistaken Clabbo is a great all around tacklase at ps blocking and run blocking, although the game vs the cheifs was a bad one Unless Clabbo injury is way serious then we are being lead on about, there is no way he will lose his job.

I have to disagree with you that Clabo is a good pass blocker. Because he not don't get me wrong he's by no means the worse or even close all I'm saying is Clabo struggled last year and in the opener and if homes or someone else steps in and plays great thats going to be a tough call going forward especially if its homles As the Falcons have a lot invested in him.

As Clabo gets older and youngsters emerge, I could see Clabo kick back inside to RG. Konz would be the center Im sure with Blalock secure as LG. This is another reason I would like to see us get a LT in rd one next year. Holmes could challenge for RT. Heck Holmes would probably be the LT next year since our rookies dont start until 2nd year.

Falcons RT Tyson Clabo (hip) is listed as questionable for Week 2.

Clabo was a limited participant in practice on Friday and Saturday. He is one of the top right tackles in the league, so his loss would be significant to a line trying to stop Broncos top pass rushers Von Miller and Derek Wolfe from the left side. If Clabo can't suit up, 2010 third-rounder Mike Johnson would fill in.

Clabo has started EVERY game for the Falcons since week 6 of 2007 --he's not going to lose his job if he missed monday night --- this would be his 1st miss in over 4 1/2 years

He was a backup Guard that moved out to tackle when Weiner got hurt in 07 --and no one has beat him out since then

Edited by delaigle

We don't even know if Holmes or Johnson would start....heck even Reynolds might kick out to RT with Konz inside

Doesn't sound like anyone is poised to steal Clabo's job.

There are options for the right side

Reynolds Johnson most likely

but others

Johnson Reynolds

Konz Reynolds

Konz Johnson

I do not see Holmes moviing to the RT in 1 week mainly because he's a rookie

Edited by delaigle

I think it was Baker... Anyway, Clabo loss could be huge although he was the only player that allowed a sack against the chiefs.

Didn't Clabo give up a sack on 3rd down in Redzone. How can he be the best of OL when he got beat by a guy on Drive killing sack. Oh Well, PFF listed 45 hits on Ryan last year compared to NFL and ESPN listing 84, wonder how accurate they are on the OL.

Didn't Clabo give up a sack on 3rd down in Redzone. How can he be the best of OL when he got beat by a guy on Drive killing sack. Oh Well, PFF listed 45 hits on Ryan last year compared to NFL and ESPN listing 84, wonder how accurate they are on the OL.

First, i didnt say he is the best Oline, i jst said his loss could be huge for the team. Yeah, as i posted he was the only player to allow a sack against the chiefs but it was on 1st down.

Clabo struggled last year against good defenses but I don't think Mike Johnson will be better at RT than Clabo. Lamar Holmes didn't take any snaps as RT. Losing Svitek could be big if Clabo can't play the game on Monday.

If Clabo can't go, I believe the best move is to slide Garrett Reynolds out to RT (his natural position) and slide Konz in at RG.

There are options for the right side

Reynolds Johnson most likely

but others

Johnson Reynolds

Konz Reynolds

Konz Johnson

I do not see Holmes moviing to the RT in 1 week mainly because he's a rookie

I actually think we could see Reynolds kick out to RT with Konz starting at RG. This would likely be our 5 best OL if Clabo isn't healthy enough to go which I believe he still has a chance of playing.