Saints@panthers. Week 2.

Big Bubba

With week one in the record books...... lets move on to week two.

I honestly.... don't know what to expect from either team this game. I still don't have a bead on them.

Will the Saints be able to demolish the Panthers Oline with their Pass Rush, like the Bucs were able to do? Can the Panthers finally get a balanced attack going, with the run game? Chud seemed to go away from the run game early last week and made the offense one dimensional.

DIscuss

Both teams will try to run.

Saints have a lot to cleanup from the first game. Lots of reasons why the O sputtered from receivers to Oline to penalties to a good Washington gameplan. It was one of the most flagged games last week with 24 thrown. Hopefully, it'll be a cleaner game. Still, 32 points wins a lot of games so hopefully some fine-tuning is all that's needed to even out the time of possession.

Saints D wasn't completely bad, in my opinion. Some busted plays and mistackling, an endzone PI call on a 4th down, a special teams gaffe on a 4th down, and a turnover inside the 10 were too much for them to handle facing RG3 with a new defense. They were also left out there for 40 minutes by the O. They've got to build on what they did right, 3rd down D for instance, and continue to improve.

Very important game for both clubs. Should be a hard fought game as both try to generate some momentum. Naturally, It'd be great for both teams if the Bucs and Falcons stumble this week..

Both teams will try to run.

Saints have a lot to cleanup from the first game. Lots of reasons why the O sputtered from receivers to Oline to penalties to a good Washington gameplan. It was one of the most flagged games last week with 24 thrown. Hopefully, it'll be a cleaner game. Still, 32 points wins a lot of games so hopefully some fine-tuning is all that's needed to even out the time of possession.

Saints D wasn't completely bad, in my opinion. Some busted plays and mistackling, an endzone PI call on a 4th down, a special teams gaffe on a 4th down, and a turnover inside the 10 were too much for them to handle facing RG3 with a new defense. They were also left out there for 40 minutes by the O. They've got to build on what they did right, 3rd down D for instance, and continue to improve.

Very important game for both clubs. Should be a hard fought game as both try to generate some momentum. Naturally, It'd be great for both teams if the Bucs and Falcons stumble this week..

If The Falcons are what they appear to be, they will NOT stumble in Their Home Opener on Monday Night Football....

Buc on the other hand have a Pizzed Off World Champion to deal with at Their House..

Really I dont think this game is even close, Saints should roll here

If Not , they will be the ones in Big Time Trouble I Would Think....

Looking Forward to seeing it tho, we will find out a whole lot about both teams after Today....

Carolina will naturally come out and have a chip on their shoulder as I 'm sure the Saints will too. The key for both teams will be how well the lines hold up. Last week neither team could establish their running games, and it proved costly in the end. As far as the defenses go, I think the Panthers hold an advantage, as their defense looked pretty good in the second half last week. The Saints defense did somethings good, but they have trouble with QBs like Cam and RGIII, so I hope they have made some adjustments. The game should be a good one, and I don't think the loser of this game is in a lot of trouble, but one will be in catch up mode for most of the season.

A battle that will end up with one of the two loosers a bigger looser. Falcon fans gotta luv it.

I can see you're starting to REALLY show your age with your obvious lack of memory, since you can't remember that it wasn't all that long ago the Falcons were the cellar dwellars of the NFC South.

My Mom's 92 and even she can remember just how much the Falcons sucked a few years ago. Maybe you forgot the dog fighting, Bobby Petrino and some remarkably unspectacular seasons. As a Falcon homer, it's obvious you don't remember. Not to worry though, Chief, because WE ALL DO, and we'll be around to remind you lest you forget again.laugh.png

Edited by jb 3.0

If The Falcons are what they appear to be, they will NOT stumble in Their Home Opener on Monday Night Football....

Buc on the other hand have a Pizzed Off World Champion to deal with at Their House..

Really I dont think this game is even close, Saints should roll here

If Not , they will be the ones in Big Time Trouble I Would Think....

Looking Forward to seeing it tho, we will find out a whole lot about both teams after Today....

Yeah.....you all REALLY showed them last time you were in the MeadowLands, huh?rolleyes.gif

I can say with fair certainty, we will at least put up a more respectable showing then you CLOWNS did.

How many points did you all score in that game? I forget.

Greg Olsen will be the X-Factor in this game, if he has a good day the Panthers will win, if he doesn't show up, they will lose

Agreed.

I think Newton will do a better job getting rid of the ball. He seemed so focused on making the big plays that he missed opportunities underneath last week. So Olsen and Lafell could play big roles today.

I'm still not sure how to gauge the defense yet; but they were was suprisingly stout in the 2nd half in Tampa.

At any rate, it should be a fun one.

Edited by tenbluen