Does Every Middle East Country Really Hate Us?

Nono

I thought we were bringing democracy and equality by sponsoring the overthrow of these dictators and when I turn my TV it seems all I see is our flag being burned.

For decades we have given money and tried to work through NATO for stable governments and it seems worse than when we started this god dam Iraq war--now everyone see us as an occupier.

Is this all because of our friends and ally Israel or is all the middle east know is throwing rocks? Look at their cities---war ridden. Is this what their prophet tells them---fight and hate?

Edited by Nono

Why wouldnt they hate us?

I know the most basic response would be because we give them so much money, but that means nothing to the average man.

The average man sees next to none of the money the US gives these nations because people like Hosni Mubarak, Hamid Karzai, and al-maliki take all the money for themselves and use it to make sure the average man gets nowhere near it.

Even when Americans help so-called revolutions they give money to elites who will bow down to them while treating their own citizens like crap. The Benghazi government had whores and weak men outside with papers in English saying "This does not represent us" hours after this attack while totally ignoring the atrocities they are committing against the people of fezzan and tripoli today, and these are people they call their OWN citizens.

This film is nothing more than the straw that broke the camels back. The real issue is the puppet governments and imperialism in general. Leave these folks alone. Could you imagine how hard it would have been to establish America if you had places like the germanic clans/austria/france trying to micromanage and make puppets of leaders along the way at every stop?

I know we have an invested interest in making sure islamic fundamentalists dont take over, but if we support democracy and thats what the people elect then let them have it and cut off ties.

I thought we were bringing democracy and equality by sponsoring the overthrow of these dictators and when I turn my TV it seems all I see is our flag being burned.

For decades we have given money and tried to work through NATO for stable governments and it seems worse than when we started this god dam Iraq war--now everyone see us as an occupier.

Is this all because of our friends and ally Israel or is all the middle east know is throwing rocks? Look at their cities---war ridden. Is this what their prophet tells them---fight and hate?

You have to remember that the tyrants that they fought to overthrow were the USA's friends for most of their rain.

Heck even Iran had a democracy until you guys came in and made sure you still got cheap oil.

You have to remember that the tyrants that they fought to overthrow were the USA's friends for most of their rain.

Heck even Iran had a democracy until you guys came in and made sure you still got cheap oil.

$4/gallon is cheap oil?---fail

and who is "you guys"---?

I don't think all of them hate us, but for the most part they really don't want us over there. If they don't want us over there, it's best to just get out of there. Those people are just very set in their ways, I don't think they appreciate us coming over there trying to change things.

Interesting fact: Many have tried to conquer Afghanistan, including Alexander the Great, no one ever succeeded. If they did, they never lasted.

Lesson: Just let them be. It's never gonna happen.

I don't think all of them hate us, but for the most part they really don't want us over there. If they don't want us over there, it's best to just get out of there. Those people are just very set in their ways, I don't think they appreciate us coming over there trying to change things.

Interesting fact: Many have tried to conquer Afghanistan, including Alexander the Great, no one ever succeeded. If they did, they never lasted.

Lesson: Just let them be. It's never gonna happen.

If the US truly sought to "conquer" Afghanistan and eliminate every man, woman, and child I believe we have that capability, we just chose not. I`m sure if Genghis Khan or Alexander the Great would have had our military and nuclear capabilities they wouldn`t have failed to eliminate any country that refused to bow to them. We have had our successes and failures in foreign policy, and we have certainly meddled in areas that have come back to haunt us. Noone (except the Serbs) seemed to mind our intervention in Yugoslavia and the entire world (except for Iraq) had 0 problems with the first Gulf War. Here is a hint for the rest of the world, dont cherry pick the areas you would like for us to intervene in. When we enter a region, we will decide what`s best in our interests.

The vast majority of the people in these countries, and the rest of the world for that matter, couldn't give two sh!ts about the U.S. one way or another. Don't assume that because the news shows a few dozen people going nuts it means the entire populous hates America. It's the news. A TV show. One that relies on ratings, like all the rest of the TV shows. They like to blow things out of proportion & rely far more on opinions than facts in order to get those ratings. It's easy to go broke if you let yourself buy the bullsh!t.

The vast majority of the people in these countries, and the rest of the world for that matter, couldn't give two sh!ts about the U.S. one way or another. Don't assume that because the news shows a few dozen people going nuts it means the entire populous hates America. It's the news. A TV show. One that relies on ratings, like all the rest of the TV shows. They like to blow things out of proportion & rely far more on opinions than facts in order to get those ratings. It's easy to go broke if you let yourself buy the bullsh!t.

got it---just would like to hear about all the good and charity we provide for the rest of the world instead of all the BS

They hate us because of a few things, the first being our foreign policy, second would be our support of Israel, and lastly, IMHO, would be religion (one could say the Israel/religion link could be one of the same). Although, to hear some people say so on here, religion would be first.