Bobby Petrino Strikes Again ...

Tandy Gossett

Bobby Petrino pulled his crap on us which worked out to be the best thing he could have possibly done for us. He then goes to ArKansas and idiots allowed their children to attend college there and play for him. Then he gets caught messing up and gets removed from the school, his kids are left to pay the penalty, and are getting beat 38-0 w/ 11 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter.

I wonder which idiot organization will hire Petrino in the future? You know someone is going to do it, and it's going to be some crazy AD that believes that Bobby Petrino has changed, and some homer fanbase will back him. I know an NFL team will never take a chance on him.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Arkansas will end up benefiting from his firing like Atlanta did by his leaving in the middle of the night. BTW I don't know why you feel sorry for the people in Arkansas. They got what they deserved really when they chose the non-ethical strategy of stealing a guy already employed. You make your bed: you sleep in it.

Let's all yell SOOOEY SOOOEY for the pigs in Arkansas. wink.png

Bobby Petrino pulled his crap on us which worked out to be the best thing he could have possibly done for us. He then goes to ArKansas and idiots allowed their children to attend college there and play for him. Then he gets caught messing up and gets removed from the school, his kids are left to pay the penalty, and are getting beat 38-0 w/ 11 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter.

I wonder which idiot organization will hire Petrino in the future? You know someone is going to do it, and it's going to be some crazy AD that believes that Bobby Petrino has changed, and some homer fanbase will back him. I know an NFL team will never take a chance on him.

Auburn will hire him.

But I'm an Auburn fan. I already have to suffer though seeing BVG's ****** defensive schemes.

I'm a Bama man and even I don't wish that on you guys lol...Actually in spite of Petrinos slimy ways, he'd actually would help your program. He'd get better recruits and score plenty of points. I hate what he did to the Falcons, but it worked out better for Atlanta. Chizik without Cam and Tubbervilles players has been exposed.

I'm a Bama man and even I don't wish that on you guys lol...Actually in spite of Petrinos slimy ways, he'd actually would help your program. He'd get better recruits and score plenty of points. I hate what he did to the Falcons, but it worked out better for Atlanta. Chizik without Cam and Tubbervilles players has been exposed.

It's not that we don't have the players. There's only a handful of players left that Tuberville brought in. Chizik has had a top 10 recruiting class all 4 years he's been at Auburn.. The problem is he's not developing the talent.

I liken the current Auburn situation under Chizik to what Florida was under Ron Zook. Zook had plenty of talent but couldn't develop it and coach it for **** and then Meyer comes in and in just his 2nd year wins the NC.

It's not that we don't have the players. There's only a handful of players left that Tuberville brought in. Chizik has had a top 10 recruiting class all 4 years he's been at Auburn.. The problem is he's not developing the talent.

I liken the current Auburn situation under Chizik to what Florida was under Ron Zook. Zook had plenty of talent but couldn't develop it and coach it for **** and then Meyer comes in and in just his 2nd year wins the NC.

You're much closer to the situation than me so I don't doubt the talent level and I do remember that a scathing article was written in one of the Alabama papers by an Auburn beat writer basically saying that the players were not being coached up and looked erratic and lost so there is no doubt truth in what your saying. I know Chiz road Cam to a title and it bought him some time but you guys need a new coach and like it or not Petrino in spite of his ways would be an upgrade.

lmao with BVG and Petrino they might wanna switch confrences to the SoCon in 1AA to have a shot at a winning season

I know you base your opinion of both individuals by their time in the ATL, but both are proven successful coaches in college so if Auburn hired Petrino and kept BVG they would be much improved over time.

You're much closer to the situation than me so I don't doubt the talent level and I do remember that a scathing article was written in one of the Alabama papers by an Auburn beat writer basically saying that the players were not being coached up and looked erratic and lost so there is no doubt truth in what your saying. I know Chiz road Cam to a title and it bought him some time but you guys need a new coach and like it or not Petrino in spite of his ways would be an upgrade.

No doubt Petrino would be an a major upgrade. But I don't want that type of coach. I don't want a coach to come in who runs that time of offense who likes to do nothing but chunk it all over the **** yard. I want a coach to come in and run an NFL type program like Saban runs at Bama. That's the type of coach I want.

No doubt Petrino would be an a major upgrade. But I don't want that type of coach. I don't want a coach to come in who runs that time of offense who likes to do nothing but chunk it all over the **** yard. I want a coach to come in and run an NFL type program like Saban runs at Bama. That's the type of coach I want.

I get that and wouldn't have it any other way for my team. Heck that was even mentioned today in the Bama/Arky game how the spread offenses can't maintain success because of a lack of a running game needed against stout SEC defenses. You're right. I was just repeating an unsubstantiated rumor and thought the possibility would be better than Chizik. I still believe that, but get your point. The best teams in the SEC and the nation for that matter play big boy Pro Style offense and defense. You're right. Petrino doesn't offer that and his ego is too big to adapt and change.

I get that and wouldn't have it any other way for my team. Heck that was even mentioned today in the Bama/Arky game how the spread offenses can't maintain success because of a lack of a running game needed against stout SEC defenses. You're right. I was just repeating an unsubstantiated rumor and thought the possibility would be better than Chizik. I still believe that, but get your point. The best teams in the SEC and the nation for that matter play big boy Pro Style offense and defense. You're right. Petrino doesn't offer that and his ego is too big to adapt and change.

Well it's a rumor that does have legs. Petrino was Auburn's OC in 2002 and was the guy they tried to hire in 2003. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Petrino won't be coaching a Division I school probably ever again. He may need to switch his focus and become some state's winningest high school coach ever.

Yes he will like it or not. Don't like the guy but he brings in fans and money with his high powered offense. Fans dont really care about morals. **** the fans at Arky were clamoring to save his job. Some desperate institution will hire him and pay him well.

Yes he will like it or not. Don't like the guy but he brings in fans and money with his high powered offense. Fans dont really care about morals. **** the fans at Arky were clamoring to save his job. Some desperate institution will hire him and pay him well.

Yep. Let some desperate program that is used to winning but hasn't won a long while come calling. It will happen. How long has Al Gorden been at Miami?

He brought, fans and money past tense. You're right fans don't generally care about morals, the first time. Fans are not going to want a coach that left an NFL team in the middle of the night and riding around cheating with some chick on his bike. He's not getting hired by even a desperate institution. What message would that send to the student body, boosters etc. " It doesn't matter if you're a piece of sh!t human being as long as you win baby."

He's going to have to start over from rock bottom to build his name back up.