Falcons Vs. Niners

Falconsfan567

I know for nearly the entire decades of the 80s and the 90s the Niners just had their way with the Falcons. But here are a couple of things you probably didn't realize about the series.

The Niners lead the all-time regular season series 44-29-1.

The Falcons lost the first 5 meetings. They got their first win against the Niners, 24-12, on September 21, 1969.

After the 1974 season the teams had met 17 times with the Niners holding a 12-5 edge. Steve Bartkowski was drafted by the Falcons in 1975. From 1975 through the end of the 1983 season the Falcons went 12-5 against the Niners. After the 1983 season the teams had met 34 times with the series being tied at 17-17.

But then things changed starting in 1984 until the first meeting of 1998 the Niners went 23-5-1 against the Falcons. After the first meeting of 1998 the teams had met 63 times with the Niners leading the series 40-22-1.

Since the 2nd meeting of 1998 the Falcons have gone 8-4, counting the playoff win 1998, in the 12 games they've played. That gets us to where we stand today with the Niners leading the series 44-29-1.

The Falcons have won the last 4 meetings. The last time the Falcons lost to the Niners was October 14, 2001, 37-31. That was a game the Falcons should have won. They had the lead 31-24 and late the in game in the final minutes gave up a long touchdown to Terrell Owens and then in OT gave up another long touchdown to Owens.

Just thought it would be interesting to some people.

I'm glad someone else thought it was relevant and not totally random.

it is relevant, I believe we'll face them 2 times this yr.. We're not their punching bags no more. We have a team that can stand toe to toe with them, & bust in the mouth. Our team is a whole lot stronger with more weapons than the last time we played them.

it is relevant, I believe we'll face them 2 times this yr.. We're not their punching bags no more. We have a team that can stand toe to toe with them, & bust in the mouth. Our team is a whole lot stronger with more weapons than the last time we played them.

We're not scheduled to play them this year unless it's in the playoffs. That very well could happen.

How will we face them twice this year?....I don't understand that part

We're not scheduled to play them this year unless it's in the playoffs. That very well could happen.

sorry about that, I was thinking we had them on our schedule this yr. But I do believe we could very well face them in the playoffs this yr, and how poetic it would be if they was the team to get us over the hump in the playoffs.

You know the Falcons are now in the NFC SOUTH right?

Guest Negatorris

People are gonna start talking about a Falcons-Niners championship game if we beat Denver on Monday.

Heck, they're already saying this Broncos-Falcons game could be a potential SB preview.

Guest Negatorris

I think our no huddle would wear down their D and if we got a double digit lead we'd force them to play catchup and turn the ball over like we did against KC

Yeah, it would definitely not be that simple.