Nats @ Braves

nobkowski

I'm glad the braves were somehow able to crap out another win.

It's a dam shame that they leave so many on base and cost Medlin the win. This chocking with men on base has been a problem for months. I first mentioned it a couple of months ago and kept up with it for a while. Long enough to see that it happens all the time.

Oh well, we won and I will take them any way we can get them.

ps Risp: 0 for 7

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did either of you watch the game and see the defense the Nationals played? Everytime the Braves got a scoring chance the Nationals made some stupid insane play. A couple of examples. One inning Johnson was on first and Heyward hit a screaming liner to LF and Roger Bernadina caught it and crashed into the wall at full speed and some how hung on the ball. If that's a hit like it should have been the Braves at the very least have runners at 2nd and 3rd. Then the next batter Chipper, singled. That would have been 2 runs.

Then there was another inning where Heyward clearly beat out an infield grounder but was called out. That was after a Prado double so there should have been runners at the corners with 1 out. That's a totally different inning than a runner at 2nd and 2 outs. I can't tell you how many horrible calls there has been that have gone against us on the bases the last 2 months. But in that inning the Braves would have scored.

Then there was another inning in the 7th inning. Bourn hit a sinking liner to LF that Bernadina made a diving, sliding catch on. Constanza then walked and was thrown out at 2nd. Constanza doesn't get thrown out at 2nd if Bourn is on base in front of him. But knowing Fredi manages, Constanza would have never been on base period because Constanza would have bunted Bourn to 2nd. The next batter Prado reached on an infield single to no man's land between 3rd and SS. That inning would have played out totally different if Bourn doesn't get robbed leading off the inning.

It's not that the Braves aren't trying to score but they've run into all these pitchers and teams that are playing their best baseball of the season. People just look at the records and thing the Braves should wipe the floor with them and that's just not the case. The Padres? Yeah they have one of the 2 or 3 best records in baseball since the ASG and just swept the Cardinals. The Brewers? Brewers are like 20-8 in their last 28 games or something like that. The Nationals? They only have 89 wins, the most in baseball. It's not all the Braves. The other teams deserve some credit too. The Braves showed against the Rockies and Mets that they still take care of baseball against teams that aren't playing good. The schedule doesn't get any easier having to face the Phillies 6 more times this season and the way they've been playing the last 2 weeks.

Ok its the old coulda, shoulda, woulda, ifs, ors, ands buts game. We should always win that game going away.

The call at first base was dam close. He was safe by a toe. A good clean hit and there is no controversy. However, you state that those calls have gone against us for months. Then why didn't

Fredi get tossed for arguing the call? It keeps on happening cause he doesn't bring passionate appeal and attention to the problem. But hey! that's our manager and a big part of the reason why we win and lose these kind of games.

Anyway, like I said; I will take the win anyway we can get it or we don't make the play offs.

Ok its the old coulda, shoulda, woulda, ifs, ors, ands buts game. We should always win that game going away.

The call at first base was dam close. He was safe by a toe. A good clean hit and there is no controversy. However, you state that those calls have gone against us for months. Then why didn't

Fredi get tossed for arguing the call? It keeps on happening cause he doesn't bring passionate appeal and attention to the problem. But hey! that's our manager and a big part of the reason why we win and lose these kind of games.

Anyway, like I said; I will take the win anyway we can get it or we don't make the play offs.

Those calls have gone against the Braves more times than they've gone in the Braves favor the last couple of months. Because Fredi is a dam idiot that doesn't give a dam like Bobby did. Heyward was lucky not to get ejected for spiking the helmet.

I know the Braves aren't playing pretty baseball and haven't for a while but they are winning games and at the end of the day that's all that matters. Last year the Braves went 8-20 in September. This year the Braves are 9-5 in September including 9 wins in their last 13 games. They've also won 3 straight against the Nationals to get the season record to 7-10.

So while I still see people talking about the Braves missing the playoffs I don't see it happening.