Cam Newton

Falconsfan567

Legend or myth? There is a perception out there that Carolina’s Newton is a great downfield passer. But that might be a myth. Newton hasn’t completed more than two passes on throws of more than 20 yards downfield in his past nine games. He did start off quickly in that department last season, accomplishing the feat in five of his first eight games, but he has been quiet since.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth

Panties most likely will be 0-4 again this year, they would be very lucky to get one win out of the next 3 games against NO,NYG and ATL. I still can't believe all those guys who said Panties will win the division.

It is very possible. Their off season picks to go all the way would make it so much sweeter.

Legend or myth? There is a perception out there that Carolina’s Newton is a great downfield passer. But that might be a myth. Newton hasn’t completed more than two passes on throws of more than 20 yards downfield in his past nine games. He did start off quickly in that department last season, accomplishing the feat in five of his first eight games, but he has been quiet since.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth

LOL and I would like to see some 4th Qtr and 3rd Qtr choke stats. Panthers defense kept them in 10 games last year at the start of 4th qtr. Cam still can't finish games nor lead come backs.

Because he was figured out. Like I've been saying since he got drafted, he still can't read defenses. He's never gotten the chance to develop in that area since HS. He was at UF for 1 season, in a run oriented offense. Went to JUCO then to Auburn in another option run offense. He just hasn't had to. The problem early on in the season was that teams treated him like every other black QB: dare him to beat you through the air. Once they realized he can stand in the pocket and make the throws, they threw more complex defenses at him and he could barely break 200 yards in the last 6-8 games of the season.

Because he was figured out. Like I've been saying since he got drafted, he still can't read defenses. He's never gotten the chance to develop in that area since HS. He was at UF for 1 season, in a run oriented offense. Went to JUCO then to Auburn in another option run offense. He just hasn't had to. The problem early on in the season was that teams treated him like every other black QB: dare him to beat you through the air. Once they realized he can stand in the pocket and make the throws, they threw more complex defenses at him and he could barely break 200 yards in the last 6-8 games of the season.

I totally agree. If it weren't for his running ability Auburn wouldn't have went undefeated and won the National Championship.