This One Is About Ryan Vs Manning

I Even Bleed Red

Grimes is out. Dunta is on the outside and Owens is nickle. Let's face the truth: Peyton is gonna get his. Mike Nolan is 1-6 vs Peyton Manning. If we can't pressure Peyton, then we're in trouble. He is gonna put up points, no question. It only matters if our D can slow him down. Either way, it's gonna come down to Ryan vs. Manning. Even a year ago, I personally would've said that we're better off playing Turner against Peyton. But I think Ryan is ready to handle this. This offense should be completely under his helm on Monday night. It's time.

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

Grimes is out. Dunta is on the outside and Owens is nickle. Let's face the truth: Peyton is gonna get his. Mike Nolan is 1-6 vs Peyton Manning. If we can't pressure Peyton, then we're in trouble. He is gonna put up points, no question. It only matter if our D can slow him down. Either way, it's gonna come down to Ryan vs. Manning. Even a year ago, I personally would've said that we're better off playing Turner against Peyton. But I think Ryan is ready to handle this. This offense should be completely under his helm on Monday night. It's time.

I agree and I disagree.

I think you totally correct in that if we don't get pressure on Peyton it's gonna be a long night.

But I disagree about the run game.

I think we need it, not just a shootout between Peyton and Ryan

That's why we need to score points and to score points we must pass the football effectively. In order to pass the football effectively we must protect Ryan.

Yeah, there's that too

That's another reason i think getting the run going will help; the D can't cheat up to the line so much

Edited by rounz

I agree and I disagree.

I think you totally correct in that if we don't get pressure on Peyton it's gonna be a long night.

If you guys play Quizz nonstop its gonna make life ****. Quizz (IMO) is just as good as turning running the ball and is way better as a receiver than him. If you are ever going to unleash him, this is the time. Denver is very succeptible to the screen. San Diego makes its living on doing that to Denver.

Ryan vs Del rio

Peyton vs Nolan.

That is more accurate. I have no worries about our offense, Broncos defense is good but there is no reason we cannot adapt to what they are doing.

Peyton Manning Vs our defense is another story. I think playing Zone will be our downfall here. Playing bump man, will work better to our advantage. Peyton hasnt has the time to completely nail down timing with the new receivers. Its not that they wont look good its just a better chance to disturb the timing routes. Nolan will be disguising our coverage I hear that is one of his best attributes. If we can get peyton to make the wrong pre snap read, and rely on the receivers to make another read we have a chance for sucess. As far as running, we just cant play like little girls.

If you guys play Quizz nonstop its gonna make life ****. Quizz (IMO) is just as good as turning running the ball and is way better as a receiver than him. If you are ever going to unleash him, this is the time. Denver is very succeptible to the screen. San Diego makes its living on doing that to Denver.

Yeah, i like what we have in Quizz, but I am still holding out hope that Turner has something left in his tank

Ryan vs Del rio

Peyton vs Nolan.

That is more accurate. I have no worries about our offense, Broncos defense is good but there is no reason we cannot adapt to what they are doing.

Peyton Manning Vs our defense is another story. I think playing Zone will be our downfall here. Playing bump man, will work better to our advantage. Peyton hasnt has the time to completely nail down timing with the new receivers. Its not that they wont look good its just a better chance to disturb the timing routes. Nolan will be disguising our coverage I hear that is one of his best attributes. If we can get peyton to make the wrong pre snap read, and rely on the receivers to make another read we have a chance for sucess. As far as running, we just cant play like little girls.

Yeah I like what you have here. More man and less zone. When they blitz please hide it and pull out some that are not on every game tape.

Stopped reading at this point, last game when Grimes went out, in the nickel, Owens slid over to outside CB and Dunta stayed at nickel.

Well, start rereading.

Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta Falcons: Christopher Owens named nickel back

4:02 pm September 13, 2012, by D. Orlando Ledbetter

FLOWERY BRANCH — With Brent Grimes out for the season, Dunta Robinson will move back out to right cornerback and Christopher Owens will take over at nickel back, Falcons coach Mike Smith said on Thursday.

“In terms of our base defense, Dunta will move into the right corner position and Christopher Owens will move into the nickel spot,” Smith said.http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d8sAY?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=atlanta-falcons

Yeah I like what you have here. More man and less zone. When they blitz please hide it and pull out some that are not on every game tape.

I would actually do the opposite. I would show obvious blitz. The goal is to get manning to mis read. Hiding the blitz will be hard to do against manning and still make it an effective blitz. So what if you showed blitz but, showed it to the side were you have a line backer dropping to cover the slant? You can almost predict what manning will do when he has certain reads. If you give him what you think will cause him to have x reaction al you have to do is be ready to jump it.

I agree and I disagree.

I understand where you're coming from, as I said, a year ago I would have agreed with you. I would've personally said we're better off running the ball cuz that gives us the best shot to win. But now I think our best shot to win is Ryan being completely free to do what he does. He's ready. What do you advise? We play ball control Mularkey-ball against Manning, get in FG range and kick a FG, then hope that he doesn't make big plays down the field to quickly get into the endzone? He may not be the Peyton of 2004 but he's still d@mn capable of quick strikes.

We always do this! In games that matter more, we b!tch up and play it safe. It's time to take off the training wheels on Ryan and time to show off (and to really assess) what he can truly do. This one IS about OUR quarterback vs. THEIR quarterback. The better man WILL win! We all know what Peyton is really capable of. We all just dream of how great Ryan's true potential is. We all want Ryan to be elite? We all want "respect" from the media? Well, then it's time for him to Rise Up and deliver when the NATION is watching. I'll ride and die with Ryan but it is time for him to unleash when the lights are on!

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

We always do this! In games that matter more, we b!tch up and play it safe. It's time to take off the training wheels on Ryan and time to show off (and to really assess) what he can truly do. This one IS about OUR quarterback vs. THEIR quarterback. The better man WILL win! We all know what Peyton is really capable of. We all just dream of how great Ryan's true potential is. We all want Ryan to be elite? We all want "respect" from the media? Well, then it's time for him to Rise Up and deliver when the NATION is watching. I'll ride and die with Ryan but it is time for him to unleash when the lights are on!

I like this !

I understand where you're coming from, as I said, a year ago I would have agreed with you. I would've personally said we're better off running the ball cuz that gives us the best shot to win. But now I think our best shot to win is Ryan being completely free to do what he does. He's ready. What do you advise? We play ball control Mularkey-ball against Manning, get in FG range and kick a FG, then hope that he doesn't make big plays down the field to quickly get into the endzone? He may not be the Peyton of 2004 but he's still d@mn capable of quick strikes.

I don't think it's about Ryan being free to do his thing; I think it's about creating more options for the O--including Ryan.

When you can run AND throw, it creates more problems for the D.

This is not the QB Challenge, this is about winning the game.

Well, start rereading. Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Falcons: Christopher Owens named nickel back 4:02 pm September 13, 2012, by D. Orlando Ledbetter FLOWERY BRANCH — With Brent Grimes out for the season, Dunta Robinson will move back out to right cornerback and Christopher Owens will take over at nickel back, Falcons coach Mike Smith said on Thursday. “In terms of our base defense, Dunta will move into the right corner position and Christopher Owens will move into the nickel spot,” Smith said.http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d8sAY?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=atlanta-falcons

Does this say where he's playing in the nickel?

I've seen Manning do his thing but i've also seen him throw some game-changing interceptions in front of a national audience too, one of them to AS22 you guys remember we do have him right? But yeah it's Ryan's chance to shine against the best and he will I think we got this it won't be easy but I am confident in our team.

We need too be the ones to control the clock in this one. Peyton Manning wont throw a lot of touchdowns if our offense is on the field way more than he is. Time of possesion is the key next week.

Peyton Manning had his handed on the ball for only 36 seconds in the 3rd quarter against the the Steelers and threw a touchdown pass. There's only 1 way to beat a Peyton Manning led team and that's to score more points. Plain and simple. It's a myth that controlling the clock is what is going to win this game. It doesn't matter how long we control the clock if we don't score and we're not going to score by running the ball. Our running game sucks and did last year too. The Falcons were 17th in the NFL in rushing last season. We've tried the ball control method against Brees and the Saints. How has that worked out for the Falcons?

Grimes is out. Dunta is on the outside and Owens is nickle. Let's face the truth: Peyton is gonna get his. Mike Nolan is 1-6 vs Peyton Manning. If we can't pressure Peyton, then we're in trouble. He is gonna put up points, no question. It only matters if our D can slow him down. Either way, it's gonna come down to Ryan vs. Manning. Even a year ago, I personally would've said that we're better off playing Turner against Peyton. But I think Ryan is ready to handle this. This offense should be completely under his helm on Monday night. It's time.

Before Grimes was hurt I felt the same way you do now. Our defense is (without Grimes) and was (with Grimes) going to give up big ugly chunks of yards. Our whole defense will always be about if we can make a few disruptive plays at key times in the game.

Our offense has to put up 30 plus on a regular basis. Our defense just need a timely sack here, and a huge turnover there.

Owens will get roasted. Count on it. However, with his make up speed all it takes is one pass where Peyton is leaning back and ball flutters just a touch. My evaluation of Owens will not be whether or not he gets beat regularly. I'm counting on that (same with Samuel and Robinson btw). My evaluation will be, when that one flutter ball comes his way, does he make that one play.

If they consistently make that one disruptive play, the ton of yards they give up won't beat us most weeks with our offense.

Man Asante Samuel loves playing the Manning brothers. I'm thinking he might gets his hands on a ball or two. And if Matty Ice has time in the pocket, our offense can shred that defense. This will come down to which line can get the most pressure, and disrupt the no huddle. Should be a great game though.