Trent Dilfer Film Study On Matt Ryan, Via Twitter

paulitik

Edit:Trent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy Ryan It makes sense why he has more energy on ball & feet this year. He put on 5 pounds of muscle & worked hard on core strength

Twitter_Picture_normal.jpgTrent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy Ryan I will be keeping a close eye on how he plays vs pocket conflict and tight cov moving forward.

Trent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy #nextlevel Ryan 2nd&3rd dn passing 17-20 207 yds 1 TD- RZ passing 6-9 48 yds 3TD-Gun passing 11-13 127 yds 1TD#surgical

Trent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy Ryan It appears as if he has his full menu of offense available to him at LOS for audibles.Gets to some creative stuff vs D looks

Trent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy Ryan Mechanics are close to #TeachingTape His base stays wide, back leg maintains load, head level, & short arc w/stroke

Trent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy Ryan He showed really nice anticipation on intermediate & chunk throws. VERY good vs zone cov, gr8 understanding of soft spots

Trent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy Ryan Had a clean pocket most of the day, but when he needed to create space in pocket or had conflict he performed well.

Trent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy Ryan I saw more juice in his legs & arm. The ball had greater energy at back end & his feet had more suddenness.

Trent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy Ryan Tremendous command at LOS, up tempo allows him to "read defenses mail" then check to gash play. Quick mind & very decisive

Trent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy of Matty Ice starting now, will be done in about an hour.

I know Dilfer is not a board favorite as he has seemingly been a Falcons hater/Saints homer the past few seasons. That said, when I sat down and paid attention to the stuff he was saying the guy does know what he's talking about. It was actually kind of amazing to think he was such a mediocre QB but I guess that came down to not having the physical tools.

That is exactly what I saw last week ..Falcons pass protection was on point..Allowed Ryan to get in a very good rhythm and carve up Chiefs ..

You give Ryan time and coverage is allowing this kind of space..Ryan will carve up a defense

1.jpg

It was interesting in the first half how it seemed both teams had wide open receivers in the middle of the field. Not sure what the coverage was, but I'll take the intermediate wide open passes all day if they give em to us.

edit: I usually have a few adult beverages during the games so I may not know what I'm talking about somemost of the time.

Edited by Bill Brasky

That is exactly what I saw last week ..Falcons pass protection was on point..Allowed Ryan to get in a very good rhythm and carve up Chiefs ..

You give Ryan time and coverage is allowing this kind of space..Ryan will carve up a defense

1.jpg

How much of that had to do with them playing great as compared to Hali being out?

We shall see as the season goes on...starting this week vs. Dumervil and Miller.

Trent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy Ryan He showed really nice anticipation on intermediate & chunk throws. VERY good vs zone cov, gr8 understanding of soft spots

Trent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy Ryan Had a clean pocket most of the day, but when he needed to create space in pocket or had conflict he performed well.

Trent Dilfer@TDESPN

#filmstudy Ryan I saw more juice in his legs & arm. The ball had greater energy at back end & his feet had more suddenness.

Agree with Dilfer...especially the bold type. Hadn't seen that since 2008

Not much ..I think the game plan was last week was protect Ryan ...We didnt see much 4 wr sets ..We kept our offense very similar to what we ran past 4 years .

Lot of routes that we hit on last week outside bubble screen are routes Ryan excels at

You give Ryan elite pass protection and space to throw ball..How could anyone miss ..Julio was having field day last week in space

6.jpg

So you're expecting to see a lot of 4 WR sets? I don't think that's gonna happen too often. Especially considering who we have after Harry and that we have TG on the squad. I think the 4 WR sets are gonna be rare.

Swift will use the "clean pocket" as a backhanded compliment, but you saw how the lack of the clean pocket can make great QBs look mediocre, or worse. Like Rodgers and Cutler last night.

It was a PURE showing of ultimate arm strength when Rodgers muffed a pass and it flew out of his hand and he had to cover it to avoid a fumble.

How come swift isn't posting that awesome highlight, one of Rodgers best moments throwing a ball -2 yards.

Edited by Corporal Clegg

Agree Mid Nite-Toker..Ryan looked fresh last week ..I want to see as season wears on ..Do the hits he take during course of the season show wear and tear on his body

Hope the off season conditioning he put in and him talking about being more conditioned during late in season .will play a big part

You forgot to mention, I HOPE IM WRONG!!!!!!

No, I think our fan base expected a whole new offensive scheme but in reality all wee did last week was game plan around what Matt Ryan is comfortable calling

and the plays he likes..Last week we really didnt do anything different outside that 1 bubble screen . Everything was 2 wr/3 wr sets ..Post, curls and comebacks .

Harry Douglas didnt make a impact and neither did Quizz ..Our game plan was the same as it was under Mularkey , the difference was we were a lil more aggressive on 1st down passing

Call him crazy all you want...I actually don't disagree with this too much. We clearly ran the ball a lot less but as far as the types of plays that were called...

1.jpg

It's really funny how you picked that out but ignored everything else Dilfer said.

Should I be excited or worried that Dilfer is giving props to Ryan? I'm conflicted.

I don't know anymore. Dilfer saying things positive about Ryan and the Falcons has me really confused right now.

It was a PURE showing of ultimate arm strength when Rodgers muffed a pass and it flew out of his hand and he had to cover it to avoid a fumble.

How come swift isn't posting that awesome highlight, one of Rodgers best moments throwing a ball -2 yards.

Lol you know he's going to ignore that. Rodgers is a pure leader and the best QB ever so he intentionally did that...