I'm Usually Down On Michael Turner And The Run Game But....

Guest Negatorris

Guest Negatorris

I know the Falcons have been struggling to run against the 3-4 for a while now, and I will use that as an excuse for Michael Turner's lack of anything effiecient.

I'm willing to say that he will become efficient, and allow this offense to show its full potential when we have an actual run game to build off of. I just heard an interesting stat about the Broncos defense. In 12 games last year, the Broncos defense allowed RBs to rush for over 100 yards. In 5 of those games, the Broncos defense allowed RBs to rush for over 200 yards against them.

I believe Michael Turner, and Quizz can dish out some nice runs. I just don't want to see Michael Turner rushing it up the middle over and over again. It's the most useless play in the playbook, and it killed us more than it helped us last year. That being said I think the run game can finally pick up. Luckily Turner and the Falcons have the most success against 4-3 defenses, and there will be absolutely no excuses for this rushing attack. Turner needs to hit the hole with some authority, and not curl up just bracing for impact before he reaches the LOS.

I just don't want to see Michael Turner rushing it up the middle over and over again.

Um, Turner can only run North and South now. A few years ago or maybe even last year we could run him to strong side or even weak side but he's lost all his agility and cutback ability. No need to give Turner any excuses. If a Falcon player isn't living up to their billing they deserve to be criticized.

Um, Turner can only run North and South now. A few years ago or maybe even last year we could run him to strong side or even weak side but he's lost all his agility and cutback ability. No need to give Turner any excuses. If a Falcon player isn't living up to their billing they deserve to be criticized.

Turner has always had more success running off tackle, usually behind Clabo. I think our interior run blocking has always been sub par.

Running up the middle on a D minus a starting DTackle and in nickel because of the Falcons passing game is much different than running up the middle against an 8-9 man line.

Lets see what Turner does over the next few weeks before we declare that he's hit the proverbial wall.

People are so quick to state things as fact it's ridiculous. Is it possible that Turner is pretty much done? Sure. With only 4have years of starting is it possible that he isn't done? Yes. Why so many fail to see this, I have no idea.

Pre-season and one reg season game is too small of a sampling to know anything for sure.

People are so quick to state things as fact it's ridiculous. Is it possible that Turner is pretty much done? Sure. With only 4have years of starting is it possible that he isn't done? Yes. Why so many fail to see this, I have no idea.

Pre-season and one reg season game is too small of a sampling to know anything for sure.

you haven't heard?

If Turner doesnt average 10 YPC hes done and washed up, overweight and slow?

if he doesnt get 150 YPG and 10 TD's per game, we need to trade him?

I think we should try and get Turner on the edge against those pass rushers. Dumervil and Miller aren't run stoppers. Make them stack and shed and try and catch them under a couple of piles. Especially Miller. He's 237 lbs. If Clabo can't get at least one cake on him, I'll be disappointed.

Contralily to popular opinion, MT will be the key in game - Mark my words

I agree. And not to just keep Peyton off the field but to take advantage of their weak interior. Woodyard, Mays, their safeties and DTs are average. The Steelers just had no RBs (if Dwyer is your best bet, you have problems) to take advantage of it.

But Turner will need to press the holes harder than he did against the Chiefs. If he tips to the line again, he will quickly become a non factor.

You got something to offer as proof of this claim? I sure would love to see it.

You tube his highlights. What you should notice is the holes he has to run thru. Then go back to some games you have taped from last year and the year before. Post us a video where he had those same holes but got nothing out of em.

Prove that he aint got what it takes. Don't give me your opinion as if it is FACT.

You got something to offer as proof of this claim? I sure would love to see it.

You tube his highlights. What you should notice is the holes he has to run thru. Then go back to some games you have taped from last year and the year before. Post us a video where he had those same holes but got nothing out of em.

Prove that he aint got what it takes. Don't give me your opinion as if it is FACT.

The only fact I'm aware of with regards to Turner is that he has been the mainstay in the success that this team has enjoyed for the past four years and folks are ready to throw him under the bus just cause the offensive scheme has changed (Run first ,as opposed to the more wide open passing team we currently employ), thus making his importance seem less relevant and in the long term, IMO, this team's OL won't contine the effective Pass blocking they exhitited against KC and we'll once again be reliant on the big guy and some just don't gt it.

Edited by vabchbirdlover

vabchbirdlover I understand what you are saying.

I had this same sort of discussion with my son in law last year before the season got started. he was not happy with the Snelling deal going down. I pointed out that as much as I like Mr Snelling when it comes down to the two of them I would take Mr Turner all day everyday. I pointed out in games where Snelling and Turner both had decent runs Turner got the better avg generally. In games where Turner went no where, Snelling very likely went no where and in most cases Turner again had the better avg. When Mr Turner was hurt the year before last Snelling did an awesome job BUT we both agreed that Turner would have been just that little bit better. I want both of them on my team BUT can I have only one I choose Mr Turner. I have not seen anything that shows me anyone else would have done better given the same blocking we have had.

Guest Negatorris

Contralily to popular opinion, MT will be the key in game - Mark my words

If Turner can gain some decent yards, and we can get the run game going, the Broncos will have no answer for the offense. We have already showcased how dangerous our passing attack is, and that alone is hard to stop. The Broncos will probably be expecting the pass, but if we run it well they won't know what to do. I believe we can still win by passing it like last week, but if Turner gets going our chances of being 2-0 after MNF will increase greatly.