Bronco's On Matt Ryan

Smiler11

“Matt has shown the ability to make plays throughout his career,” quarterback Peyton Manning said. “He’s a big, strong quarterback with a big-time arm and he’s really got some great weapons that he takes advantage of with tight end Tony Gonzalez and their two receivers. We know that our defense is in for a tough test.”

Similar to the Steelers, the Falcons have a Pro Bowl quarterback in Matt Ryan that has performed in big games. Linebacker Joe Mays called him “elite” and fellow linebacker Wesley Woodyard called him a “Super Bowl-type quarterback.”

http://www.denverbro...4e-79416a48bb75

Showing some serious respect to Matt Ryan.

That was nothing more than a political statement IMHO.

Really? I mean in the last week, you have the Steelers WR's saying they don't fear the Jets CB's and Rey Maualuga saying he doesn't see anything special in Trent Richardson and last night Charles Woodson saying "same old Jay".

I'd imagine John Fox remembers the Falcons pretty well. He knows how good this team has been.

That's actually my biggest concern about the game. I think we have a really good offense, but Fox ran a very similar offense in Carolina with Dan Henning. Ours is different in approach, but it's conceptually the same offense (in fact, Koetter was very much influenced by Henning in his career).

I think we'll have some success, but Fox knows this offense inside and out. Add to that the fact that Peyton has played against Koetter in Jacksonville, and he will also have some input into game planning. And add to that the fact that Peyton also ran a Coryell variant in Indy (and may, for all I know, run one in Denver), and it could be a long day for our offense. Hopefully the defense will step up and we'll find some wrinkles.

That's actually my biggest concern about the game. I think we have a really good offense, but Fox ran a very similar offense in Carolina with Dan Henning. Ours is different in approach, but it's conceptually the same offense (in fact, Koetter was very much influenced by Henning in his career).

I think we'll have some success, but Fox knows this offense inside and out. Add to that the fact that Peyton has played against Koetter in Jacksonville, and he will also have some input into game planning. And add to that the fact that Peyton also ran a Coryell variant in Indy (and may, for all I know, run one in Denver), and it could be a long day for our offense. Hopefully the defense will step up and we'll find some wrinkles.

As a Denver fan, I would say the inverse is equally true. Atlanta and their coaches are well aware of Fox, JDR, and Manning. As I said on OM, it will come down to gameplanning and execution--that goes for both teams.

My hope is that Denver will get a few more stops than Atlanta will on D. Offensively, I think both teams are pretty even.