The Difference In Matt Ryan.

Sheldon Cooper

Number one, he won on the road amidst one of the loudest crowds. Regardless of injury, KC is a good defense.

Number two, when the momentum swing started he marched down the field and put a nail in the coffin.

Number three, he has been very accurate.

Number four, he did not crumble under duress, he scrambled and picked up some yards and a TD on his feet.

He seems to have crossed off every critique on the list this past off season.

I've actually noticed the difference all through pre-season he seems alot more settled in the pocket which is enabling him to make good decisions down field he also looks like he has bit more zip on his passes.Personally I think this year will be an even bigger year than last year for Ryan the only thing that stops it is break-down in protection but if I'm honest I really like what I'm seeing upfront from the o-line and with the bonus of adding a screen game with Quizz Turner and Julio I think this will keep alot of strong pass rushing teams on there heels.

The Difference In Matt Ryan

I would say:

-Much quicker drops

-Much quicker reads. Picking up his fourth read much sooner

-Spreading the ball more. Finally got out of Roddy Gonzalez lock on mode

-Not playing scared

-Got rid of jitters and happy feet

-Much more accurate early in the game

-Oline blocking much better

-Deep ball has much less loft and more accuracy

-Scrambling better

Did I miss anything?

The Difference In Matt Ryan I would say: -Much quicker drops -Much quicker reads. Picking up his fourth read much sooner -Spreading the ball more. Finally got out of Roddy Gonzalez lock on mode -Not playing scared -Got rid of jitters and happy feet -Much more accurate early in the game -Oline blocking much better -Deep ball has much less loft and more accuracy -Scrambling better Did I miss anything?

Nope.

I would say:

-Much quicker drops

-Not playing scared

-Scrambling better

Did I miss anything?

Yep better OC and better play calling.

Teams can't cheat on us now becasue we have 4 legit threats out there on the field its pick your poison.

Ryan has been MUCH more accurate in the preseason and first game. Ryan was a top 10 QB before, so I am not saying he was bad or even average before. His completion percentage at times in the past has been lacking.

Whether this is the new offense, new blocking scheme from Pat H, or Ryan has turned some corner, I am going to hold off on any judgment for now.

Ryan has played plenty of games this good in the past, this one may have just come in week 1. If he stays that good though... biggrin.png Greatest show on turf part 2 indeed.

After watching the game on rewind several times, I believe Ryan ran three times and I see a difference. He looks stronger, a little faster and more determined. Looks better to me.

Yep. A noticeable, positive difference in every aspect, including physically. More than capable of winning three or four crucial games this season at his new level of performance.

I would say:

-Much quicker drops

-Not playing scared

-Scrambling better

Did I miss anything?

Passes get from point A to point B in a shorter amount of time.

I haven't seen anyone mention this... In years past, Matt sucked at stepping up into the pocket, and let the LT, and RG push the ends beyond him without getting rattled. Last week, he stepped up as if he had complete confidence in his line. His attitude is also completely different. Getting rid of MM is the best thing this franchise has done since hiring TD, and Smitty.

Don't get me wrong, MM is a good OC, just not for a team into it's 3-4th year in a system. This team outgrew MM. Watch, MM will build a winning team in Jacksonville. In 3-4 years, they will also hit a wall.

Another thing that says a lot about MM, and his impact here. MM is donating money to a charity whenever his players do not celebrate after a TD. MM not wanting people to celebrate kind of speaks to his ultra tight, conservative style. DK is what Ryan, and this team needed. They are out to kill, not to pacify a 3 point lead, or have to rely on a last second score to win a game against an inferior team.

***Dropping mic, and walking off now....

It's possible we're finally seeing what the normal upright Matt Ryan looks like - three seconds after the snap. It's possible the new OC is throwing caution to the wind and letting the offense off that short chain. It's possible Ryan bulked up a tiny bit and is benefiting from a little more strength. I don't care.

I just wanna watch it continue.

Matt Ryan is a different player this year, plain and simple. I said it in another thread and I'll say it again, we are seeing the confident gun slinger we saw his rookie year instead of the gun shy guy we saw the next 2 1/2 years.

I keep seeing people say this is only one game, but the fact is it has been all through preseason and has carried over into the regular season.

Matt Ryan had the highest completion percentage (75%) and highest QB rating (112.4) of any QB in the league in the preseason.

After week one he is tied with Tom Brady for 3rd in the NFL in completion percentage (74.2) and number 2 in QB rating (136.4).

I think we are witnessing the beginning of a career, break out season for Matt. Watch and enjoy!

I think the biggest change to me is, he isn't throwing the ball to the benches as much as he used too, and instead is dumping it off to a back either in the flat or just past the line. Watch the game and see how many times he was maybe under pressure and he dumps it off to Turner, or Rodgers....even once to Palmer, instead of taking a sack or wasting a down by putting it out of play. Any yards gained is a bonus and thus makes the next play easier and demoralizes the defense because they almost get there, yet Ryan still makes a play for positive yards....

Matt Ryan is a different player this year, plain and simple. I said it in another thread and I'll say it again, we are seeing the confident gun slinger we saw his rookie year instead of the gun shy guy we saw the next 2 1/2 years.

I keep seeing people say this is only one game, but the fact is it has been all through preseason and has carried over into the regular season.

Matt Ryan had the highest completion percentage (75%) and highest QB rating (112.4) of any QB in the league in the preseason.

After week one he is tied with Tom Brady for 3rd in the NFL in completion percentage (74.2) and number 2 in QB rating (136.4).

I think we are witnessing the beginning of a career, break out season for Matt. Watch and enjoy!

And #1 in ESPN's QBR rating which takes all facets of his game into account.

1 thing i also noticed of ryan is used to when he would scramble he would slide 2 to 3 yards b4 the first down marker, sunday he dove head first to pick it up, he looked great in preseason and so far its carried over, we have been a playoff team with our old coordinaters now i think we have a championship team, i think we are the second best team in the nfc i think #1 is sf but thats bc of their dominant defense