Devil Went Down To Ga To Play During Mnf Opening

Dharma Initiative

The "Monday Night Football" opening will feature an old song with new words.

The Charlie Daniels Band will perform “The Devil Went Down to Georgia," just before the game between the Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos. The song originally came out in 1979.

The music will be the same, but the words will be different. I haven’t been given a preview of the new song, but it reportedly will contain plenty of references to Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan and Denver quarterback Peyton Manning.

“I’ve been watching 'Monday Night Football' since it started and to be a part of it kind of makes me feel proud,’’ Daniels said. “I had to watch the lyrics real close because I’ve done those same 'Devil Went Down To Georgia' lyrics for 33 years.”

This is not the first time Daniels has appeared on "Monday Night Football." The fiddler was part of an all-star band featured each week during MNF’s first season (2006) on ESPN.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am quoting what this guy said on the blog message board. Pretty cool..Had to share!!! ELITE ICE!!!cool.png

50caliberfalcon

"Peyton went down to Georgia, he was looking for a soul to steal.

He was in a bind 'cos his Broncos were way behind and he was willin' to make a deal.

When he came across this young man throwing a footballl and Slingin' it hot.

And then Peyton jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what:

"I guess you didn't know it, but I'm a football player too.

"And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

"Now you play a pretty good Quarterback, boy, but give ol' Peyton his due:

"I bet a football of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."

The boy said: "My name's ELITE ICE and it might be a sin,

"But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been."

I am quoting what this guy said on the blog message board. Pretty cool..Had to share!!! ELITE ICE!!!cool.png

50caliberfalcon

"Peyton went down to Georgia, he was looking for a soul to steal.

He was in a bind 'cos his Broncos were way behind and he was willin' to make a deal.

When he came across this young man throwing a footballl and Slingin' it hot.

And then Peyton jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what:

"I guess you didn't know it, but I'm a football player too.

"And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

"Now you play a pretty good Quarterback, boy, but give ol' Peyton his due:

"I bet a football of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."

The boy said: "My name's ELITE ICE and it might be a sin,

"But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been."

That's pretty cool, but I think it should just be "Matty Ice" at least until after the game. lol.

He is going to tear up our D. I don't think you will find many arguments against that.

That doesn't change the fact that your entire season rests on the health of an old man with a lego neck.

You obviously know nothing about a fused neck.. the area is stronger than it was before... you know when a bone breaks it grows back stronger.

I just wish people knew what they were talking about when they ran their trap.

You obviously know nothing about a fused neck.. the area is stronger than it was before... you know when a bone breaks it grows back stronger.

As a person who has one I know a lot about it. He will never be the same. Next.

What did you expect slick?

You are on the Atlanta Falcons message board. We support and believe in our team (at least most of us do).

You talk trash and you're going to get a boatload of it delivered right back at ya.

As a person who has one I know a lot about it. He will never be the same. Next.

Lol

You might want to go get OptimusPrime registered since you own him now.