Broncos Vs. Falcons: Pre-Talk About The Game Thread

#1 pick™

This is going to be one of the biggest match-up this week. A battle of two star QB's. One the Sheriff and the other is cold as ice. They each lead their teams into showdown that is expected to be a high scoring affair. Are you ready for some Football!

The rules:

No Denver Bronco trolling

Example: "Bey Bey Thomas is a top 5 WR."

No Matt Ryan hatred or Matt Ryan stanning.

Example:"Matt Ryan will never win a playoff game" or "Matt Ryan is better than Peyton or calls plays like Peyton" Stop, just keep it civil.

No Saints drive-by trolling.

No Michael Turner hating.

No mention of Mike Murlarkey.

That's the only rules.

Keep attacking other posters to a bare minimum.

Bronco fans are free to post as well.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your song choice is a bit dated but remains a great jam from a time of lyrical poets--- lol nah only 2pac and biggie with bone thugz were super legit.

Anyway, my thoughts?

Well my thoughts are this: for the first time since are 12-4 season we are getting a lot of curious looks from around the nation and leauge. Everytime this happens we get to the big "primetime" game and lay and egg and all the pundits get to say how they were right and we are still the sucky Falcons.

So what are MY thoughts? My thoughts are we end that trend HERE! THIS MONDAY NIGHT! My thoughts are that we give the Broncos a 100 million dollar headache. My thoughts are that come Tuesday morning we destroyed the Broncos in such a fashion as to leave NO ROOM FOR DISCUSSION! I want to RISE UP AND DOMINATE!!!!

Right, but if you are moderating, there is nothing to talk about. Double standards apply everywhere. We crown one based upon potential, but not others.

You can talk about Matt Ryan all you want. Be reasonable. Nothing that can spark up fireworks. If you can't do that, then you aren't a Falcons fan.

This is going to be one of the biggest match-up this week. A battle of two star QB's. One the Sheriff and the other is cold as ice. They each lead their teams into showdown that is expected to be a high scoring affair. Are you ready for some Football!

The rules:

Example:"Matt Ryan will never win a playoff game" or "Matt Ryan is better than Peyton or calls plays like Peyton" Stop, just keep it civil.

That's the only rules.

You just killed this thread before it started with all of those rules... If there's no mention of any of those things, I'd be surprised if we get past 2 pages.

Falcons 38 Broncos 27

I think it's interesting from a broader perspective because you have one of the best QB's from the last era moving towards the twilight of his career but obviously still very effective if not dangerous. Then you have new era QB who has for some but not all arrived at that upper tier. Other than that I think the media's coverage of Manning vs Ryan makes absolutely no sense.

I'd call the QB match-up pretty close to even. The difference could boil down to which OL keeps their QB the cleanest. I don't know about their OL, but I know ours has had problems with the better pass rushers and Denver has a couple of good ones. If Koetter calls some screen plays early on, maybe that can be overcome. If not, advantage Denver's pass rush. Our running game is in the toilet, and I don't think theirs is doing much at the moment either, so call that a push. Our pass rush is basically non-existent, so Denver's offense has an advantage. Our wide receivers are definitely better than theirs, this could be the critical edge for the Falcons. On Special teams, we possibly have an edge with our punter and kicker and Quizz returning for us. As for HC's, neither Fox nor Smith have won a SB, but both tend to field good, solid clubs who finish above .500. Push.

Seems the big difference is the good Denver pass rush vs no pass rush for the Falcons. How much difference that actually makes in the game is uncertain because Ryan is used to getting the ball out before pressure has time to arrive. So it's a two or three-point difference either way, and you'd have to go with the Falcons in that case since they're playing at home. I wish I could really believe that, unfortunately I don't.

Edited by PokerSteve

Broncos fan here. I have no idea what to expect in this game, but it should be a lot of fun. I think we'll learn a lot about both teams.

Tell me about your defense. It looked like they spent a lot of time in nickel against KC, with fairly little blitzing. Would you expect this to continue?

This is going to be the easiest win in the dome this season. I can't believe what the media or some Falcon enthusiast are saying.

1. Dome noise will help Ryan and the offense. If the Broncos think they can blitz, watch for Douglass or Jones hit with the screens.

2. Secondary matchup. Dunta complainers, remember he has ALSO had trouble against the speedy receivers which is why Mccluster got him in week1. The Broncos have a full army of possession receivers. He will play man and get help IF Royal wants to break out but thats IF Manning has the arm powa to do anything.

3. The Broncos will play an offensive line with starters unlike the riddled injured Steelers oline with their backups and new sad offense. I expect Baker will get help and we will chipping at his side all night. I expect BIG time hard counts and the no-huddle. You pretty much make Miller a non-factor because his biggest attribute is his initial step.

4. Just bring your noise and the finest lager and enjoy the MNF ripping.

This is going to be the easiest win in the dome this season. I can't believe what the media or some Falcon enthusiast are saying.

1. Dome noise will help Ryan and the offense. If the Broncos think they can blitz, watch for Douglass or Jones hit with the screens.

2. Secondary matchup. Dunta complainers, remember he has ALSO had trouble against the speedy receivers which is why Mccluster got him in week1. The Broncos have a full army of possession receivers. He will play man and get help IF Royal wants to break out but thats IF Manning has the arm powa to do anything.

3. The Broncos will play an offensive line with starters unlike the riddled injured Steelers oline with their backups and new sad offense. I expect Baker will get help and we will chipping at his side all night. I expect BIG time hard counts and the no-huddle. You pretty much make Miller a non-factor because his biggest attribute is his initial step.

4. Just bring your noise and the finest lager and enjoy the MNF ripping.

No offense, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Denvers slowest WR is Decker at 4.54 at the combine and he had a foot injury.

DT is blazing fast.

Eddie Royal is not a Bronco. He was replaced with Andre Caldwell who is also FAST.

Pitt played max protect for much of the night and they were still able to flush Ben plenty.

The rules:

That's the only rules.

hahaha, no saints drive by trolling...