Breaking Down The Tape: Abraham's Strip Sack Fumble

falcons007

The Abraham strip sack was a great play by Abraham with a signficant contribution from Jerry who took the double team away from Abraham.

Formation: The Chiefs went max Protection on this play with 7 blockers including the TE and the RB. At the line of scrimmage, Abe and Babs on the left, Jerry on the right middle and KB 71 as LDE

j65zjm.jpg

Edited by falcons007

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

part 3:

Cassel is pushed back and the RB goes to block Jerry who had beat the LG. The rest is history if you push the QB couple of steps back with Predator one on one with a LT. I hope Jerry does the stunts more as babs was getting beat by the LG in one on one match up while Jerry got most of the double teams.

bfs4cx.jpg

Edited by falcons007

It's a nickel where the ends can be replaced with LBers if extra coverage is needed. This look is all pass rush and the 7 man protection shows that everyone knew guys wher coming. I believe you would classify this as a 2-4-5. 2 DT 4 LB but for pass rushing situations you can place pass rushers on the outside, note Edwards is not in. Pass rush is showing. But for more coverage you can insert an extra safety or 2lbers. Love the formation

It's a nickel where the ends can be replaced with LBers if extra coverage is needed. This look is all pass rush and the 7 man protection shows that everyone knew guys wher coming. I believe you would classify this as a 2-4-5. 2 DT 4 LB but for pass rushing situations you can place pass rushers on the outside, note Edwards is not in. Pass rush is showing. But for more coverage you can insert an extra safety or 2lbers. Love the formation

You are right, Edwards played only like 28 snaps compared to KB who played around 50 snaps. I liked the way how Nolan adjusted in the second half with stunts and formations.

Forgive me for having NFL rewind also.

The only way that rb blocks Abe is if he rushes into the LT chest and spins inside.

You should give more credit to Babs for beating a Double team up the middle and the coverage.

Nonetheless, Abe owned the LT and Cassel...end of story.

LOL, Babs didn't have a double team untill the RB ran to Jerry. Babs didnt beat any Double team, look at the second picture. RB doesn't run out Abe could have been blocked.

no matter how you feel, jerry did the job well and was instrumental in drawing that RB to save the middle. It allowed Abe to continue to beat his man...

He doesn't draw the rb. The rb has his feet planted on the KC 10 yrd line and squares 45 deg to pick up PJ...he choose wrong.

Abe beats the LT with quick anticipation and the rb's decision to hold ground guaranteed Abe was gonna make the play. Babs did

more on that play beating a double team up the middle. PJ was nowhere near a threat on that play...no PJ hate.

He doesn't draw the rb. The rb has his feet planted on the KC 10 yrd line and squares 45 deg to pick up PJ...he choose wrong.

Abe beats the LT with quick anticipation and the rb's decision to hold ground guaranteed Abe was gonna make the play. Babs did

more on that play beating a double team up the middle. PJ was nowhere near a threat on that play...no PJ hate.

I have more pics where the RB is locked up on Abe and changes direction. Stop hating PJ, the guy contributed and Abe finished a great play when he had LT beat.

He is not there to pick up PJ, he still looking at Abe.

LOL, Babs didn't have a double team untill the RB ran to Jerry. Babs didnt beat any Double team, look at the second picture. RB doesn't run out Abe could have been blocked.

The rb is on the 10 yrd line and bounces to his right and squares at a 45 degree angle...Abe is long gone buddy.

Yes, Babs beats a double team up the middle which would only matter if Abe whiffed...he didn't

The rb never had a chance to block Abe I'm watching in full speed over and over again.

The rb is on the 10 yrd line and bounces to his right and squares at a 45 degree angle...Abe is long gone buddy.

Yes, Babs beats a double team up the middle which would only matter if Abe whiffed...he didn't

The rb never had a chance to block Abe I'm watching in full speed over and over again.

Watch in slow motion. Full speed doesn't give you all the details, I watched this frame by frame and zoom in to RB.

Watch in slow motion. Full speed doesn't give you all the details, I watched this frame by frame and zoom in to RB.

When the rb bounces to his right, its game over. Abe cleanly beats the LT(unless we are playing tag) and its too late for the rb to do anything.

The rb would have to drop and square 90+ degrees to have a chance at Abe.

Give credit were its due...the Predator.

When the rb bounces to his right, its game over. Abe cleanly beats the LT(unless we are playing tag) and its too late for the rb to do anything.

The rb would have to drop and square 90+ degrees to have a chance at Abe.

Give credit were its due...the Predator.

Predator gets credit, but PJ helped him with double team. Download the video and run it in slow motion and see where the RB was looking in each Frame.