Broncos 33 Falcons 27 (1St Post Updated)...congrats On The Big Win

McMVP

The loss of Grimes hurts...and I think that's the difference in this game.

Not a slam on the Falcons...I think Denver is pretty good...

Congrats on the win....and on starting 2-0. Nolan had a **** of a plan dialed up for Manning, but I was mainly impressed with the execution of the D.

I missed the last quarter...but I see Den had a chance late to win. Falcons had an emotional start...home opener...prime time...etc.

I'm 0-2 in Falcon predictions this year. I picked KC in week 1 in the upset. If I was right, I probably would've picked Atlanta week 2 (I think anyway...the Grimes injury may have changed my mind anyway). I did pick the Falcons to win the South...just predicted a 1-1 start...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The loss of Grimes hurts...and I think that's the difference in this game.

Not a slam on the Falcons...I think Denver is pretty good...

Reverse that score and I think you have it McMVP......

Falcons are still a tough out at the Dome....and this Birds offense is one that can keep up with Manning.

As brutal as the loss of Grimes is I feel much more comfortable with Nolan scheming around the problem than I would if it were still VanGorder.

I like the Falcons in a close shoot out.

I don't think so. I mean yeah a healthy Grimes wouldbe nice, but I think that Nolan is a far more savvy DC and will install a gameplan that best fits Franks, McCain or Owens (whoever starts) their individual strengths. Not too mention while Bey Bey is talented --he's still raw. Devker is of concern. Stokely is old and not nearly as fast. Tamme is talented but I think Weatherspoon and Nicholas can take him put of the game. Or even Moore. In short, I don't think Denver is nearly as deep in talent as Manning's Indy teams

Gee, what an intelligent profound post ........

Sorry to disappoint...but I thought the loss of a top CB prior to a meeting w/ Peyton Manning might be significant. If you think otherwise, we can agree to disagree...and just see what happens. I certainly wouldn't be at all surprised with a Falcons win...I picked them to win the South

Sorry to disappoint...but I thought the loss of a top CB prior to a meeting w/ Peyton Manning might be significant. If you think otherwise, we can agre to disagree...and just see what happens. I certainly wouldn't be at all surprised with a Falcons win...I picked them to win the South

I think your post was intelligent. I do think our DC and defensive depth is a lot better this year, though. And, ultimately, I think the Broncos are still a draft or two away from being our level offensively

Reverse that score and I think you have it McMVP......

Falcons are still a tough out at the Dome....and this Birds offense is one that can keep up with Manning.

As brutal as the loss of Grimes is I feel much more comfortable with Nolan scheming around the problem than I would if it were still VanGorder.

I like the Falcons in a close shoot out.

I agree about Nolan...we'll see what he comes up with...

I think your post was intelligent. I do think our DC and defensive depth is a lot better this year, though. And, ultimately, I think the Broncos are still a draft or two away from being our level offensively

Where do you think the Falcons defensive depth is better?

Eagle fans are already calling for Foles...

And agreed...Ravens should get the win here

I was stunned to see the Eagles 3 point favorites. Thought it would be even at best.

I disagree... On a side note guys, I cant start topics yet and would like some fantasy advice... Would any of you take Frank Gore out against Detroit and put one of these guys in the slot? BTW Jennings wont play...

If so who? BN

Michael Bush RB - CHI View Videos @GB

Thu 8:20 pmGet Tickets - - - 71 1 - - - - - - - 13.10 BN

Jacquizz Rodgers RB - ATL DEN

Mon 8:30 pmGet Tickets - - - - - - - - - - - - 0.00 BN

Greg Jennings WR - GB D View News View Videos CHI

Thu 8:20 pmGet Tickets - - - - - 89 - - - - - - 8.90 BN

Brandon Lloyd WR - NE View Videos

I disagree... On a side note guys, I cant start topics yet and would like some fantasy advice... Would any of you take Frank Gore out against Detroit and put one of these guys in the slot? BTW Jennings wont play...

If so who? BN

Michael Bush RB - CHI View Videos @GB

Thu 8:20 pmGet Tickets - - - 71 1 - - - - - - - 13.10 BN

Jacquizz Rodgers RB - ATL DEN

Mon 8:30 pmGet Tickets - - - - - - - - - - - - 0.00 BN

Greg Jennings WR - GB D View News View Videos CHI

Thu 8:20 pmGet Tickets - - - - - 89 - - - - - - 8.90 BN

Brandon Lloyd WR - NE View Videos

LOL dude did you just crash our thread about the game looking for some fantasy football advice?

Everyone keeps saying how scary the Broncos offense is, they had 14 points with 10 mins left in the game and we had 40. I think a big key is jumping on them early and never letting up. Grimes loss will hurt us this game and every game from here on out but he's just 1 guy. Our secondary shifted from a huge advantage to average overnight but that doesn't mean we can't win games anymore.

We need Matty and Dirk to open it up and jump on teams early and control the game how we want it. If the Broncos get off to a slow start and we jump out ahead we can then dictate how we want the game to go and pin our ears back on Manning. Our offense has looked great in preseason and our first game, if that is who we are now I'm not scared in the least at this game. It's just, are those 5 games a real indication for our team from here on out? I'm really curious to see how we respond when the offense is sputtering because it's going to happen sometime. I've seen how high the ceiling is, I want to see how low our cellar is.

Where do you think the Falcons defensive depth is better?

I was stunned to see the Eagles 3 point favorites. Thought it would be even at best.

Our secondary depth is Better because had this happened last year we wouldn't have an Assante Samuel on roster. Also Owens and Franks are both another year experienced. Last year our options would have been Dante starting with either Owens or Franks. Much better situation IMO. And don't say Hayden lol he was horrid. I liked Owens better than him!