Qb Eddie Printz Says Ucla Scholarship Offer Was Withdrawn.

SacFalcFan

I have to say, I don't think it was a good idea to commit to UCLA just to follow his SMU recruiter. I know relationships matter but that coach is doing what's best for him and it may or may not be best for the recruit. I mean UCLA, from Georgia, really? Unless he has a tie to that area that is a long way to go to follow a coach. Besides that I'm pretty sure June Jones at SMU can coach QB's. Don't get me wrong, it still stinks UCLA pulled the offer, but maybe it's the best thing that could've happened to him. Just embrace the opportunity and move on.

coaches all the time will stop communicating with a commit if they have moved on or if in some situations the recruit and his family are still actively pursuing other schools. the issue here is mora has done this twice now where they pulled an offer from a committed kid without telling them. in keyante's green's situation he committed and then ucla said thanks for your commitment and would not contact him again. then he finally found out many months later that they moved on and he didn't have an offer. now the high school coaching community is close throughout georgia. ucla will still be able to recruit in georgia, but you can bet mora and his staff will have some issues with some high schools with how they treated the players above.

coaches all the time will stop communicating with a commit if they have moved on or if in some situations the recruit and his family are still actively pursuing other schools. the issue here is mora has done this twice now where they pulled an offer from a committed kid without telling them. in keyante's green's situation he committed and then ucla said thanks for your commitment and would not contact him again. then he finally found out many months later that they moved on and he didn't have an offer. now the high school coaching community is close throughout georgia. ucla will still be able to recruit in georgia, but you can bet mora and his staff will have some issues with some high schools with how they treated the players above.

Bottom line, Mora is a *****! UCLA just can't get that hire right. He will be run out of there in a year or two.

Bottom line, Mora is a *****! UCLA just can't get that hire right. He will be run out of there in a year or two.

I doubt it hes basically turned that team around they were like 5-8 last year now their 2-0 with a win over Nebraska. He'll be there for awhile IMO

I'm sure this happens but I can only speak from my coaching experience and we've never had a college back off a commit without at least calling them and telling them they might want to look around. I have had some schools just stop recruiting kids and never call again.

Mora isn't a college guy so while it's not cool to treat commits like that at all, it's not hard to see why these issues might exist with him right now.

I think Mora is a much better fit as a college coach than pro... he's such a players coach type but still has that NFL mentality. He just has to realize he can't do this with his commits or he'll have to expect consequences in the future.

UCLA already looks a lot better than they have in a while. If they give USC a hard time or even beat them, he'll have a great deal of job security. He just needs to get his crap together with treating dedicated commits like that.

• 4 weeks later...