Roddy White

Dirtybird#11

RODDY WHITE  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Does Roddy White have a different role now that julio has stepped up?

• yes manly to be a possesion reciever than what he used to be in a fast explosive
    • no he still has the same role as he did before julio got here

possession receivers can't lead the league in drops:) just saying. Gonzo is Matt's possession receiver. it wont be long before teams start to roll coverage to Julio and White will start having tons of catches. remember Bruce and Holt, one week Holt had a big day next week Bruce had a big day, i'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of that. man this is gonna be fun to watch

I see Roddy as a well rounded WR, who can do it all. I think it is unfair to label him a possession receiver because he can take the top of a defense - see the Bengals game 2 years ago.

Obviously those kind of games have become pretty rare though, which is why you had to go back two years.

I'm not saying that Roddy White isn't capable of being a home run hitter. I am saying the way this offense has been constructed, he has been a possession receiver for whatever reason.

Obviously those kind of games have become pretty rare though, which is why you had to go back two years. I'm not saying that Roddy White isn't capable of being a home run hitter. I am saying the way this offense has been constructed, he has been a possession receiver for whatever reason.

For sure, Roddy makes his money running great routes, similar to Marvin Harrison, who was arguably the top receiver in the NFL in his prime. I still wouldn't call either a possession receiver though.

For sure, Roddy makes his money running great routes, similar to Marvin Harrison, who was arguably the top receiver in the NFL in his prime. I still wouldn't call either a possession receiver though.

I guess it depends on if you think "possession receiver" comes with a negative connotation. I don't, but I understand that for some people it means "not a playmaker".

I guess it depends on if you think "possession receiver" comes with a negative connotation. I don't, but I understand that for some people it means "not a playmaker".

Similar to "game manager" Terms only recently negative because of fantasy football fans/rule changes.

Having JJ means nothing if RW ain't that man...clutch catches/no games missed. RW has been Mr. Falcon since 2007.