Shut Up Jimmy Carter

Nono

You were a weak a ineffective one term president domestically and with foreign policy matters and your comments concerning the raid on the Libyan embassy critical of Mitt Romney are just words from an old man still struggling to write his way into the histroy book.

It was because of your adminsitration that our defense department and most of the countries economy was struggling with inflation & ineffective and more than likely lead to the over throw of the Iranian Embassy.

The only thing the middle east governments and radicals understand is power and war---ask Israel. Time to act or pull out before things get out of control and stop aplogising for our peace efforts. The media is trying to wash this whole terroist act away as just a minority of radicals muslims---wake up they all hate us.

Edited by Nono

What did he say?

http://granitegrok.com/blog/2012/09/jimmy-carter-had-the-iran-embassy-fiasco-now-obama-has-his-libyan-and-egyptian-one

"We condemn the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims"

Yeah, that porridge of political correctness sits well – instead of standing up for that quaint Classical Western Liberal notion of free speech, especially that which may be seen as offensive, they laid down in submission mode. They had the spine of a bowl of damp Raman noodles.

http://granitegrok.c...nd-egyptian-one

"We condemn the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims"

Yeah, that porridge of political correctness sits well – instead of standing up for that quaint Classical Western Liberal notion of free speech, especially that which may be seen as offensive, they laid down in submission mode. They had the spine of a bowl of damp Raman noodles.

What you do is Punch them right back in the mouth. These zealots only know Brutality, aggression, intimidation and fear. They smell fear on America like a 2 day old dead dear. BTW - its not fear they smell from our troops, that'd be cordite, its the stink coming out of DC.

Carter had NOTHING to do with inflation.

The Iranian embassy was taken over in protest to the US allowing the deposed leader of Iran to come here and live to avoid being killed by the people who took over the Iranian government. We let him come here because he was our ally as was Iran during that period.

Carter was responsible for the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel which was and still is a HUGE accomplishment.

Jimmy Carter was caught in a "perfect storm" of bad economic developments that no President in our history could have overcome. A George Washington/Abraham Lincoln "hybrid" President would have lost the election of 1980.

The Iranian embassy was taken over in protest to the US allowing the deposed leader of Iran to come here and live to avoid being killed by the people who took over the Iranian government. We let him come here because he was our ally as was Iran during that period.

Carter was responsible for the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel which was and still is a HUGE accomplishment.

Jimmy Carter was caught in a "perfect storm" of bad economic developments that no President in our history could have overcome. A George Washington/Abraham Lincoln "hybrid" President would have lost the election of 1980.

I don't think that's exactly right. Carter was leading Reagan about this time before the election. People forget that because the electoral vote was such a landslide, and I think people also conflate the 1980 election with 1984, which really was a complete *** whipping.

Carter definitely inherited a bad situation, and he certainly had a lot of issues that were largely unprecedented. But he could have won. The debates really hurt him badly, and Reagan seized on a few key (and sometimes tangential) issues like the Panama Canal that helped paint Carter as weak on foreign policy. The botched rescue attempt of the hostages didn't help, either, though that was largely not Carter's fault. It was drawn up by the Pentagon, and by all accounts was a first class Charlie Foxtrot waiting to happen. Carter authorized it, but he did so on the advice of some pretty stupid people, and then Carter got blamed for it.

I respectfully disagree cause I lived through it. With Carter inflation shot up to 18% and his cut the DOD budget and weakening our military contributed to a weak American military that was helpless as our embassy was over run. His rescue effort ended in disaster---plain and simple we looked as weak as we ever have

Edited by Nono

I respectfully disagree cause I lived through it. With Carter inflation shot up to 18% and his cut the DOD budget and weakening our military contributed to a weak America that was helpless as our embassy was over run. His rescue effort ended in disaster---plain and simple we looked as weak as we ever have

What I will say abt the rescue disaster is this. That was NOT jimmy's fault. It was our military commanders not openly training and knowing what the other service providers were doing, at ALL times. We had elements put together for the 1st time during the raid. We had insufficient COMs which didn't allow our birds to speak to each other. We had 1st generation NVGs being worn by Aircraft commanders, without any real time experience. Our boys trained and trained for this mission but in the End Mr. Murphy came down hard. Delta was ready and more then able. It was just tactical inexperience, with each other, that caused the mayhem, in the end, IMO.

I don't think that's exactly right. Carter was leading Reagan about this time before the election. People forget that because the electoral vote was such a landslide, and I think people also conflate the 1980 election with 1984, which really was a complete *** whipping.

Carter definitely inherited a bad situation, and he certainly had a lot of issues that were largely unprecedented. But he could have won. The debates really hurt him badly, and Reagan seized on a few key (and sometimes tangential) issues like the Panama Canal that helped paint Carter as weak on foreign policy. The botched rescue attempt of the hostages didn't help, either, though that was largely not Carter's fault. It was drawn up by the Pentagon, and by all accounts was a first class Charlie Foxtrot waiting to happen. Carter authorized it, but he did so on the advice of some pretty stupid people, and then Carter got blamed for it.

I agree with you, but I created my reply with an eye toward refuting the claims about Carter being to blame for everything bad that happened at that time in the country. I really think Carter just had to misfortune of being in that spot at the worst possible moment and I know that circumstances outside the control of the POTUS occur more often than some folks want to admit.

Ronald Reagan (RonBo) was very good at certain things and has earned some amount of appreciation from the people of America. But he was far from the "diety come to earth" that his supporters want to believe. The same is true of Carter; he was not perfect but he wasn't some bumbling village idiot unloosed on the American citizens either. People forget how common the belief that Reagan was a terrible candidate in previous attempts to win the Republican nomination.

I respectfully disagree cause I lived through it. With Carter inflation shot up to 18% and his cut the DOD budget and weakening our military contributed to a weak American military that was helpless as our embassy was over run. His rescue effort ended in disaster---plain and simple we looked as weak as we ever have

Yeah, I lived through it too and you're still not painting the correct or the entire picture of those times.

Inflation is largely controlled, or the most effective attempts to control inflation come directly through monetary policy, ie. raising interest rates which is exclusively under the purview of the Federal Reserve, not the President.

Also, the country was going through a period of serioulsy increasing unemployment. And during times of high or rising unemployment many economic theories call for cutting interest rates and increasing government spending to help spur the economy and get things rolling in order to lower unemployment and get people back to work. But inflation calls for the exact opposite action as it relates to interest rates... you are supposed to increase interest rates to combat inflation. SO Carter had both of those disasters occuring at the same time and to attack one of them would allow the other to get worse. He was in a no win situation for a long period of time in that regard.

That period is also the point at which OPEC finally "figured it out" and knew that they had the rest of the oil consuming world by the short hairs. So they decided to flex their muscles and restrict oil production to such low levels that prices shot up at hyper-speed and we ended up with oil shortages and being forced to fill our tanks only on certain days depending on the numbers on our liscense plates. AGAIN, Jimmy Carter wasn't responsible for this and had no ability to change it. He could only attempt to deal with it.

The rescue attempt was not drawn up by or executed by Carter it was approved by him. Once he signs it then the soldiers involved in drawing it up are responsible for carrying it out. My single biggest complaint about Jimmy goes back to this incident. I think he approved the rescue attempt in an effort to take back the hearts of the American voters who were leaning toward Reagan at an increasing rate at that time. I thought Carter had fallen victim to his own personal desire to hold the office for 4 more years.

Regarding the embassy being overtaken, I don't know how you tie that to military cuts in spending. Embassies don't have gigantic military forces on hand at all times. They have a small fighting force but they can be overcome in just about any nation in which enough people decide to do it and the local military decides not to intervene.

Jimmy stood up to a foreign "government" by refusing to send the Shaw of Iran back to that country to basically be slaughtered. Conservatives would normally see this as a sign of strength in our leaders, but not so with Carter. Heck Jimmy even tried to lead by example and had solar panels installed on the White House roof in an effort to make the country see the need for investment in developing technologies for alternative fuels. But when Ronnie took office he decided (or maybe Nancy did it for him to take them down because it just didn't look good or send the correct message.

When you see all of the aboved things happen at the same time it is no wonder that our nation fell into disarray. Losing the election "felt like" it was written in the stars. Heck there are numerous examples in history of people who had absolutely nothing to do with a run of "bad luck" being killed by those who are suffering from the effects. People feel the need to assign blame, to point the finger, and Jimmy Carter was the man in office when all of America was hurting and needed to find a scapegoat.

It is almost universally accepted that Jimmy Carter was our worst President...pretty much ever.

He, like Obama, promised much, and delivered incompetence. He was going to be everyman's President. He was just a normal peanut farmer with a fresh common sense approach to our country. Yeah right!! We fell for it.....just like we did in 2008.

The biggest difference between Carter and Obama is that Carter didn't destroy our country on purpose. Obama wants this country destroyed from the inside out, and rebuilt in the image of Karl Marx's utopia. Anyone who denies Obama's Marxist ties is either a liar, or has their thoughts dictated to them by Chris Matthews. Either way their opinions are meaningless...they're too far gone to worry about.

Under Carter, we had gas lines, 25% mortgage rates, and the progression of Muslim takeovers in the Middle East. Of course they are still progressing in their world conquest.

Over in merry old England, the most popular name for a newborn baby is.........Mohammad.

Cheerio old chap.....and pass the prayer rug!

Thank you! +1 and the president has everything to do with the fed and interest rates---his actions alone have the most profound influence on this nations economy

Edited by Nono

It is almost universally accepted that Jimmy Carter was our worst President...pretty much ever.

He, like Obama, promised much, and delivered incompetence. He was going to be everyman's President. He was just a normal peanut farmer with a fresh common sense approach to our country. Yeah right!! We fell for it.....just like we did in 2008.

The biggest difference between Carter and Obama is that Carter didn't destroy our country on purpose. Obama wants this country destroyed from the inside out, and rebuilt in the image of Karl Marx's utopia. Anyone who denies Obama's Marxist ties is either a liar, or has their thoughts dictated to them by Chris Matthews. Either way their opinions are meaningless...they're too far gone to worry about.

Under Carter, we had gas lines, 25% mortgage rates, and the progression of Muslim takeovers in the Middle East. Of course they are still progressing in their world conquest.

Over in merry old England, the most popular name for a newborn baby is.........Mohammad.

Cheerio old chap.....and pass the prayer rug!

Nice xenophobia.

Jimmy Carter needs to go to **** for saying that. America is a Christian nation and Muslims should convert or b\e jailed.

UM...except he didn't say that, our government did, and I have no idea why dude thought Jimmy Carter said that.

5737e720.jpg

Do you know what Xenophobia is? I do, and I am surely not one. But it's another thing to let the Muslims overwhelm your country and quite literally take it over. It's even worse if you allow it to happen based on political correctness and fear.

Please refer to Sweden if you have any doubts about that. Sweden is now a Muslim country......not sure if they like ABBA though. Perhaps they'll come up with a new version of Abba, where they wear Burkas and sing about Allah. Perhaps their first Muslim hit will be "Take a Chance". The words start off....

Unless you change your mind,

you're the first in line.

My blade will be,

on your neck you'll see!

If you need my very best

See my RPG,

Put your face to Mecca next,

It's a rule you see.

Thanks for proving my point.