Wii U Preorder

RHEC

I plan on getting one but I'm not too pumped about it. Online aspect looks like doodoo.

Nintendo just don't care for online. But anyways It will be about $300+

Nintendo will be selling two different bundles of the system, with the basic version going for ¥26,250 (about $335), and the premium costing ¥31500 (about $400). The difference between the two is that the basic version will be a white console with 8GB of flash storage, while the premium version is a black console with 32GB of storage.

Additionally, the premium bundle will include the Wii U, Wii U GamePad, AC units for each, an HDMI cable, membership into the "Nintendo Network Premium" service, and stands for the system and GamePad. The Nintendo Network Premium service Japanese buyers will be getting will be a two year service, and will give benefits towards Nintendo products, such as 10% off digital purchases.

Nintendo is planning multiple announcements today in regards to the Wii U, and US and European readers can expect to find out the price and date in their region starting later today at 7AM Pacific time. And it's important to note that these US converted prices don't necessarily represent what it will cost in the States.

Source: Destructoid

Update:

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata confirmed a few new Wii U specs during a Japanese presentation today. Much of the information relates to memory and the game discs.

Iwata shared the following information:

- Supports full 1080p

- “GPGPU” used

- Main memory: 1GB

- System memory: 1GB

- Total memory is 2GB

- Games only use 1GB of main memory

- System memory is for the OS

- Can use the browser while playing

- Game discs are 25GB

- Discs run at 22.5 MB/s

- Uses up to 75 watts of electricity

- Typical power usage is 45 watts

- Reconfirmed: import Wii VC and WiiWare games

Update 2:

CPU:

"Espresso" CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores

GPU:

"GPU7" AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)

Memory:

Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)

Storage:

Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drives

Networking:

802.11 b/g/n Wifi

Video Output:

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i

Video Cables Supported:

Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

USB:

Four USB 2.0 Ports

lol it's barely above current gen (PS3/360) in terms of power.

guess they still cater to children and not the hardcore gamers.

ZombiU isn't a cater to children so at least they got some hardcore games. But Nintendo is crazy if they think people will pay $300+ for a system that launches mostly titles we already have.

Who buys this $hit? Super Mario and Zelda ad infinitum. It's good to pay homage to your roots, but to never grow beyond them, yet still be successful, is a head scratcher.

I guess H.L. Mencken was right.

Kids, parents buy Nintendo consoles for their young kids.

I pre-ordered mine today as well. GameStop had 2 different options for pre-order, and the deluxe was cut off today about 6 PM. The system will sell out, probably by the end of next week. I'm not a Nintendo guy at all, but I think Nintendo has done well with this one. Games for kids, family, and gamers. A library of 50 games by March is pretty impressive for a new system.