Re: Sports Science - Von Miller - Are We Ready For Him?

mattyicefalcon

We play the whole NFC East. We better start getting used to playing elite pass rushers. I would hope that Pat Hill and Dirk Koetter would plan for that. Expect more emphasis on the run and some screens. I wouldn't expect Matt to be holding on to the ball too long.

what if it's man to man coverage? he will need time for WRs to create seperation for any kind of big play over 20 yards.....this is the game I feel we are going to miss Ovie a lot! Hope Mr.Polite shows the nasty side....

what if it's man to man coverage? he will need time for WRs to create seperation for any kind of big play over 20 yards.....this is the game I feel we are going to miss Ovie a lot! Hope Mr.Polite shows the nasty side....

There will be opportunities. As good as Von is, he's not going to get in the backfield every snap. No doubt they have an elite pair of pass rushers, establishing a run game, add in plenty of play action, and running a good bit of no huddle to keep their D honest, there should be times we can exploit them. There are no lack of things we can do with the talent we have on offense. Honestly, I think the Broncos' D is slightly overrated. They are good, maybe great, but I don't think they are the world beaters that everyone is crapping their pants over. We need to take a breath and realize that they are just as worried about stopping us.

Big Ben had multiple OL injuries and holds on to the ball too long. I think that exaggerated how good they looked.

We only had one play over 20 yards against the Chiefs if I'm not mistaken. We don't need to make a bunch of big plays. We just need to make sure we are converting on 3rd down & scoring on most of our possessions.

Guest Negatorris

This is why I'm glad we have Quizz. If Ryan's protection is breaking down, or his the receivers are covered he can usually dumpoff to Quizz, who can gain a good amount of yards by himself. We can thrive on short passes for a while if their defense is giving us problems. Take the Bengals preseason game.

We don't need big 20 yard plays constantly. During the game against the chiefs we were getting 15-18 yard gains off play action passes. If we can still get that this game we're good. That mean Turner has to RTFU this game.

Edited by jbrinson

This is why I'm glad we have Quizz. If Ryan's protection is breaking down, or his the receivers are covered he can usually dumpoff to Quizz, who can gain a good amount of yards by himself. We can thrive on short passes for a while if their defense is giving us problems. Take the Bengals preseason game.

That's the thing I was seeing vs KC and in preseason. When Ryan is under intense pressure, he's finding Quizz or Turner and dumping the ball off instead of throwing it out of bounds as soon as he feels some heat. I'm sure Koetter will have a safety valve for Ryan in every pass play that's called.

There will be opportunities. As good as Von is, he's not going to get in the backfield every snap. No doubt they have an elite pair of pass rushers, establishing a run game, add in plenty of play action, and running a good bit of no huddle to keep their D honest, there should be times we can exploit them. There are no lack of things we can do with the talent we have on offense. Honestly, I think the Broncos' D is slightly overrated. They are good, maybe great, but I don't think they are the world beaters that everyone is crapping their pants over. We need to take a breath and realize that they are just as worried about stopping us.

Big Ben had multiple OL injuries and holds on to the ball too long. I think that exaggerated how good they looked.

Yes Ben held on to the ball long but that's what he does. He holds on to it and "improvise". I don't see Matt avoiding the rush the same as Ben does.