Does Julio Have A Shot At...

SwampyMux12

The single season touchdown record of 23? I know it's very early in the season, but 2 in a week is a great start and with the offense really opening up as it appears to be I think he will have plenty of opportunities to catch tds. 23 is a big number, but it's not out of the realm of possibility, heck he's on pace to shatter that with 32 :)

To extrapolate out to 32 TDs? Yes.

To expect 4 more 100 yard games before December? No.

That's why the smiley face was on there...

Just an observation about the team making a shift to a more pass oriented offense, and Julio being the biggest playmaker this team has possibly ever seen, thus the biggest beneficiary of that change. It's not out of the realm of possibility for him to approach that number based on the projection that he is going to get the ball in space an awful lot.

I'd be shocked if he don't get 4 more in 2 and a half months...

He needs 4 more 100 yard games by December to pass Randy Moss as the fastest WR to 10.

I think he'll easily do this. We have 11 more games before then. Heck, Julio could have 4 more 100 yard games by November 1st.

The TD thing is a whole other story, though. There's a reason no one is projecting Kevin Ogeltree to get 32 TDs this season, either. Of course, it would've helped Julio's shot at the record if Matt hadn't missed him wide open in the end zone for a third score with that high overthrow!

He could've had 3 if Ryan didn't overthrow him by 10 ft when he was wide open. Julio should have a couple 2 TD games but he will also have a few where he'll end up with 0. I think 23 is too much, he'll probably be in the 15-16 TD range, still should be good enough to be #1 or #2 WR in fantasy football at the end of the season.

He could have had 3 TDs this game if Ryan wouldn't have thrown it away ... I think that ball got away from Ryan more so than him throwing it away ... That was the only bad pass I seen Ryan make ...

I love the Cassel knee pass to Abe ... I wonder if he was trying to make Abe land on the ball or something ... I love how Abe sat there and laughed ... You can see that Cassel was mad when he did it ... I wonder if anyone could make me a .gif of it ?

A shot? Yes. Probable? No. If he has 12 in 8 games, we'll start seeing 2 DB's jame him at the line with Safety help up top. And Ryan will throw to Roddy, Tony, and HD. Ryan doesn't have a reason to force the ball to Julio. Teams will be focused on not letting Julio beat them if he's taking over games like that. And we will be more than happy to let Roddy/HD/Gonzo score the TD's.

I think 15 is probable if he stays healthy.