Why Do You People Stand Behind Turner Every Week

Dirtybird#11

MICHAEL TURNER   

30 members have voted

1. 1. should we put turner at FB?

• yes an let snelling/jaquizz start
    • no bad idea

Every week you people stand behind turner like hes the best back in the nfl which he isnt.The reason why he isn't a top 5 back anymore is because of his lack of speed,blocking ability,and he can't catch a cold.I can say that there was one point in time where i was a burner turner fan but those times when matt ryan was in his growing stages so in other words 2009-2010 but matt ryan has become in that elite catagory near manning bros and brady etc. An yes michael turner did get more yards against the chiefs than jaquizz rodgers did but you have to take into account that he can actually catch a pass and throw in a good block here and there plus he got 4 less carries than turner did as turner out of his 2.8 YPC jaquizz was averaging 3.1 YPC and with 4 more carries he didnt get he would have had 4 YPC.So of course i am against turner staring i think we should have QUIZ starting cause with our o-line we are not going to be able to have 100 yards rushing every game an its true but i think we should have a darren sproles type of back we have back they're getting yards on screens an draw plays.Oh i dont see turner snagging a 10 yard screen every game like jaquizz does week in an week out.I also think that we should actually take a glimpse at what the 49ers do with thier 5 good running backs they put the most productive RB which is frank gore in the backfield at RB on 1st an 2nd downs an THEY PUT JACOBS IN AT FB which i like alot cause he ways as much as turner does so hint hint put turner in at fb an on 3rd an 4th an short give in to turner.The 49ers also do what we do with kendall hunter an lamichael james on 3rd an for ever they put them in to catch a pass which is what we do with rodgers an most super bowl winning teams do this The Patriots did this to Kevin Faulk The Buccanneers did this to Earnest Graham an The Packers did this to John Kuhn yes Kuhn was a running back in college.So take that into consideration.Have turner at FB AN QUIZ AT RB!

so tell me if you think this is a great idea yes or no

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is not Turner. The problem is the Falcons put no emphasis or practice into the run game in the preseason and the line just isn't in a rhythm for the running game yet.

We should have established the run game along time ago. This is going to be a process that might not get good till week 6. I blame Koetter for this. I know he wants to make this a passing team but we can't do that when the play action is so key.

1 Grow Up - we've had one game against a decent run stopping defense and our new offense being pass oriented.

2 Let the guy have his chance. Wait until after the bye week in week 6 until you go full out in your quest to bad mouth a talented and fantastic addition to the Falcons roster.

3 He aint going anywhere - we need all the wily talent we can muster - it is going to be a long season (19-0 hopefully)

We will surely draft a running back...this is Turners last year..the offense doesn't suit him..I say start Quizz for a game or two just to see what he can do..

I wouldn't mind see what Quizz could do, but I doubt we'll see it unless Turner gets nicked up, which I don't wanna see, like someone said maybe we'll get the running game going pretty soon, I just don't like the way Turner is tiptoeing into the line, kinda reminds me of T.J Duckett.

We should have established the run game along time ago. This is going to be a process that might not get good till week 6. I blame Koetter for this. I know he wants to make this a passing team but we can't do that when the play action is so key.

Agree 100%. I hope it gets corrected. The Falcons are going to need to run the ball to win a big game at some point.

Along time ago? We've played one game.

I like the "pass to set up the run" philosophy. I also like the idea of slinging it as long as it's working.

Along time ago? We've played one game.

I like the "pass to set up the run" philosophy. I also like the idea of slinging it as long as it's working.

Pre-season, training camp, etc. That's a great idea if you have pure passers. Not so much when you don't got one.

Edited by The Immortal #1 pick

1 Grow Up - we've had one game against a decent run stopping defense and our new offense being pass oriented.

2 Let the guy have his chance. Wait until after the bye week in week 6 until you go full out in your quest to bad mouth a talented and fantastic addition to the Falcons roster.

3 He aint going anywhere - we need all the wily talent we can muster - it is going to be a long season (19-0 hopefully)

first of im not bashing him i just dont like his style he was a very productive back but i think its about time to let the young ones have they're turn oh an we have had snelling ever since we got turner an he hasn't got to have 1 start so we don't know what he can do.