Jacquizz's Role In Mnf?

Radiohead

I do not even want to mention, "He Who Shall Not Be Named," on this MB any more, because I'm only interested in Quizz's share of the carries, moving forward from here.

We know this guy is super quick, shifty and probably will not garner the attention he deserves from opposing defenses.

-- If the O-line pass protects like they did against KC or even 1/2 as well and Ryan gets going early, there are going to be some real opportunities for him to get into the second level.

He had 7 carries Week 1 and I'm very glad Koetter didn't turn away and force the run because the passing game was soaring, but I thought he was set to get about 14-15 looks per game?

Anyways, expectations for the little mjd Monday Night?

It will depend on what happens during the game. If the passing game continues to soar I'd expect about the same as last game. Screens will come if the pass rush becomes a problem. If and this is a big if Turner gets going expect a few Carries to throw off the defense. As long as Matt is playing like he has all preseason and wk 1 im okay with him mostly concentrating on returns and spelling Turner.

I want to see the good ol' wheel route again from Quizz.

me too. that play was a thing of beauty. it worked perfectly, so naturally MM decided to NEVER run it again. wtf???

Absolutely, speed kills and Quizz definately has that.

quizz is shifty and quick, but speedy, he is not. the kick return last week proved that. i love the guy, but that reminded me so much of turner (a little turner). they both can break long runs, but they get ran down from behind. i can't remember the last time the falcons had a back with elite speed that could just run away from folks.

a back with a mix of above average speed AND power would do great in the scheme we are implementing now.

i think next year we need to let turner ride off into the sunset and try to draft the next AP.

me too. that play was a thing of beauty. it worked perfectly, so naturally MM decided to NEVER run it again. wtf???

quizz is shifty and quick, but speedy, he is not. the kick return last week proved that. i love the guy, but that reminded me so much of turner (a little turner). they both can break long runs, but they get ran down from behind. i can't remember the last time the falcons had a back with elite speed that could just run away from folks.

a back with a mix of above average speed AND power would do great in the scheme we are implementing now.

i think next year we need to let turner ride off into the sunset and try to draft the next AP.

I agree. I'd love to cut turner next year. And get a versatile tough speedster to pair with quiz

draft the next ap as a compiliment to quizz? or a bellcow back? I feel getting a complimentary back would be smarter.

I dont think Quizz is really all that slow. He looked really fast on that return. The only guy that could catch him was KCs returner(cant remember his name). And hes a really fast guy. If I remember correctly, he didnt catch Quizz very easily. JQR isn't a blazer like 4.3 speed, but I wouldn't be surprised if his game speed is closer to 4.4 than 4.5, its definitely not 4.6 like the combine says.

I don't like Quizz running between the tackles, because we cannot seem to open up holes for him or Turner. I'd like to see Quizz on stretch plays, Snelling too. I'd like to see some misdirection plays with any of our backs.

All that being said, I have a hard time complaining about anything our offense is doing right now. We've seen a good variety of new plays that really play to our strength.

So they think they can just key on Julio...Roddy and Gonzo? Maybe we should unleash the screen to Jacquizz? That will give them some extra to worry about.

I hope so. He can definitely break out in open space, especially if he can get a blocker or two upfield.

Teams definitely will not give him the respect he deserves for a while, gotta take advantage of that.

Until we fully rely on Quizz i only see 6-10 touches a game. What i would like to see happen is Turner start and let's see if he can get going say 10 touches and if not then we put in Quizz and then spell Quizz with Turner/Snelling.

if you ever watch Turner, he is a rhythm runner, he needs carries to get going. 10 is not enough

I dont think Quizz is really all that slow. He looked really fast on that return. The only guy that could catch him was KCs returner(cant remember his name). And hes a really fast guy. If I remember correctly, he didnt catch Quizz very easily. JQR isn't a blazer like 4.3 speed, but I wouldn't be surprised if his game speed is closer to 4.4 than 4.5, its definitely not 4.6 like the combine says.

oh i don't think he is SLOW either. i just don't think he is all that FAST.

i hste to see someone break out and then get ran down from behind. when i was young and foolish, i was a cowboys fan. i can remember emmitt smith breaking long runs regularly, but he would get ran down from behind too.