Over/under: Td Extends Ryan's Contract 4 Weeks From Monday 9/17

Radiohead

Over/Under 4 weeks from MNF to extend Ryan's contract?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Extending Ryan 4 weeks from MNF?

Guest Negatorris

Over. The Falcons and Ryan aren't worried about the contract right now. He will be extended after the season, but right now they are focused on winning which is the right thing to do.

Contract discussion go on during the off season. No need in getting caught up in any extensions until after the Super Bowl

I hear you, but I don't know.

One could argue that a lucrative extension in the middle of the season (for a player playing lights out) could act as serious positive reinforcement to a player, especially a cerebral and confident guy like Ryan who can take a move like that in stride.

Edited by FalconsBlogger

I hear you, but I don't know.

One could argue that a lucrative extension in the middle of the season (for a player playing lights out) could act as serious positive reinforcement to a player, especially a cerebral and confident guy like Ryan who can take a move like that in stride.

True it does feel great when you're rewarded for a job well done. Ryans not worried about it IMO. He'll get what he asks for. I just think that's something that causes distractions. I just want W's and a trip to New Orleans in Feb.

Tom Condon is Matt Ryan's agent. The same guy that reps Drew Brees. He'll hold out as long as possible to get the most money..

Don't let the swiftards try and convince you that the FO isn't sold on Matt. Matt has one of the shrewdest agents in the league, an agent who that specializes in getting QBs paid. If I were the FO, I'd try and lock him down sooner than later. Unfortunately, I don't see it coming that soon. Condon will stall to milk the most he can out of the Falcons, Still, I don't foresee a Brees-like hold out. Probably something later in the year, or early next offseason. I don't think Matt would let it go so far that he misses any camp.