I Will Be Forreal On Julio

#1 pick™

When we came into the season, I told Atl/0 that Julio will be better than Roddy but Roddy is still better. He was like Julio is the best player on the team period and is our only All Pro on the roster. After watching the pre-season and the Chiefs game, he might be the best WR in football and is a faster version of Larry Fitzgerald. Now it's really not fair to say that since Julio plays with elite cast like Roddy, Gonzo, HD and crew but he's the best right now. Better than Megatron. Better than Andre Johnson.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we came into the season, I told Atl/0 that Julio will be better than Roddy but Roddy is still better. He was like Julio is the best player on the team period and is our only All Pro on the roster. After watching the pre-season and the Chiefs game, he might be the best WR in football and is a faster version of Larry Fitzgerald. Now it's really not fair to say that since Julio plays with elite cast like Roddy, Gonzo, HD and crew but he's the best right now. Better than Megatron. Better than Andre Johnson.

Your rationale is off a little. If you say that Julio might be the best WR in football and is a faster version of Fitz, but its not fair to say since he plays with an elite cast, that's contradictory. If you say he may be the best in football, then he's the best in football regardless.

Picky, picky, I know.

On to your real topic, Julio is one of those once in a lifetime players, he has the speed of a sprinter, hands like a catcher's mitt, and all the character intangibles any coach would love to have. As it was said before, Randy Moss without the character issues. The kid has a great future in front of him and we will all bear witness to it.

I can't get on board ith that lofty ranking...YET.

But I think we, as well as the NFL, is omcing to the realization that the ceiling that Julio (and as such the entire Falcons offense), is now close to being realized. And it is truly elite.

But Julio has to produce over 16 games at the Megatron/Fitz level before being grouped in with them. However, if you ask me, I'd bet that we'll all be doing that within 6 months.

Did you see the thread with the screenshots of all of Julio's catches.

Here's the link

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/11/3318622/julio-jones-falcons-chiefs-game

Talked about how he was always open, caught the ball in stride, how Ryan trusted him on the TD pass and how well Ryan threw the ball.

He may just crush the Broncos, and the next team we play, San Diego? Just had two CBs go down with injuries.

Shaping up well for a really good month of Sept for Jones and the Falcons.

Yea I did say that but I'm not going to put him as the best WR in the league though. I don't see Fitz but a humbler version of TO. The Fitz/Moss comparisons belong to AJ.

Just like I said about Ryan it's WAY TOO EARLY to be going this route. Julio did his thing no doubt but this was only week 1. We have a lot of season to go through first. For now I'll stick with saying he's the best player on this team right now, Best in the NFCS too.

Edited by Atl/0

Yea I did say that but I'm not going to put him as the best WR in the league though. I don't see Fitz but a humbler version of TO. The Fitz/Moss comparisons belong to AJ.

Just like I said about Ryan it's WAY TOO EARLY to be going this route. Julio did his thing no doubt but this was only week 1. We have a lot of season to go through first. For now I'll stick with saying he's the best player on this team right now, Best in the NFCS too.

He's not better than Brees or Newton.

He's not better than Brees or Newton.

This has nothing to do with Ryan but I have to see more from Newton.

Tampa made him and the Panthers offense look real bad the other day. Maybe they'll be better against NO but Tampa made the Panthers look likey the were running a college offense that an NFL defense was fully prepared for.

This has nothing to do with Ryan but I have to see more from Newton.

Tampa made him and the Panthers offense look real bad the other day. Maybe they'll be better against NO but Tampa made the Panthers look likey the were running a college offense that an NFL defense was fully prepared for.

That's how you beat Cam, you turn him into a game manager. Make him throw short and intermediate passes and take away his running lanes.

Oh ok Atl/0. I was like wtf for a sec.

In case you havent noticed, Cam has won 6 NFL games, Matt has won around 45. How about we see what Cam can do in year 2. OK? His team just lost to the Bucs

I really don't think Matt Ryan that good. He's good but not that good but that's for a different thread, there are about 10 of them on the first page.