Mike And Mike

turnerdburner

Mike and mike asked the question who is the better qb not TEAM but qb golic picked flacco and greeny picked ryan , golic said falcco in this new offense with no huddle looks like he is coming out to be elite, greeny said that ryan is the better because from day more was put on ryan's plate( meaning defense and running the ball but ryan had turner ) but ryan has been running the no huddle from year one,but what got to me was greeny saying ppl were blasting him on twitter bring all kind stats to prove falcco was better than ryan and im hear thinking to myself the only stat that i know where flacco is better than ryan is playoff wins.Thoughts any one?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

Mike and mike asked the question who is the better qb not TEAM but qb golic picked flacco and greeny picked ryan , golic said falcco in this new offense with no huddle looks like he is coming out to be elite, greeny said that ryan is the better because from day more was put on ryan's plate( meaning defense and running the ball but ryan had turner ) but ryan has been running the no huddle from year one,but what got to me was greeny saying ppl were blasting him on twitter bring all kind stats to prove falcco was better than ryan and im hear thinking to myself the only stat that i know where flacco is better than ryan is playoff wins.Thoughts any one?

Lol, there are no stats to prove that Flacco is the better QB. Dafuq?

I'd like to know the stats on who has the better come from behind wins. It seems like Ryan will take that argument but I don't follow the Ravens so I can't be sure. And I also would like to know field position. It just looks like Ryan usaly has to drive 70-80 yards to score. It'll be nice to get the ball mid field.

I think when you look at the fact that coaches asked Ryan to carry the offense from day one, while Flacco was asked to just not mess things up for the first 3 years says it all. Add in that Ryan came into a team that was in shambles, compared to Flacco coming in to a playoff caliber team from day 1.

Flacco has a stronger arm, but that is where his advantage ends. His completion % and yards are a huge compliment to Ray rice, as he gets tons of passes every year. He probably amounts for 20% of Flaccos completions per season. And they are all very high % passes obviously.

Meanwhile,MR2s throws were all to recievers/TE's, which were mostl all higher risk throws.

I am also a Ravens supporter (spent alot of time in BAL, and my employer sponsors their stadium, lol) and I can tell you that MANY Ravens fans I know would love to have Ryan over Flacco. Not to mention people seem to forget that Newsome REALLY wanted Ryan, and tried to trade up to #2 to get him, but couldnt get the deal done.

I'd like to know the stats on who has the better come from behind wins. It seems like Ryan will take that argument but I don't follow the Ravens so I can't be sure. And I also would like to know field position. It just looks like Ryan usaly has to drive 70-80 yards to score. It'll be nice to get the ball mid field.

Flacco has 6 4th quarter comebacks and 11 game winning drives. Ryan has 11 4th quarter comebacks and 16 game winning drives.

If anybody really wants to have this debate, this should end the conversation.

Flacco is 10-16 when their opponent scores 20+ points. The Ravens opponents have scored 20+ points only 26 times since he's been there. He has a losing record when the Ravens give up 20+. The Ravens have never given up 40+ since he's been there. And only 5 of those losses were when his opponent put up over 30.

Ryan is 18-16 when our opponent scores 20+ points. Our opponent has scored 20+ points in 34 of the games since Ryan has been here. He has a winning record when our opponent scores 20+ against us. 9 of those losses were when the opponent put up over 30, and 2 of those were 40+.

Ryan is 17-7 when our defense holds the other team to 20-29 points. Flacco is 9-11 when the Ravens have given up 20-29 points.

Only 26 out of 44 of Ryan's wins came when the defense held our opponent to 19 or less points. 34 out of 45 of Flacco's wins came when the Ravens held their opponent to 19 or less points.

If anybody really wants to have this debate, this should end the conversation.

Flacco is 10-16 when their opponent scores 20+ points. The Ravens opponents have scored 20+ points only 26 times since he's been there. He has a losing record when the Ravens give up 20+. The Ravens have never given up 40+ since he's been there. And only 5 of those losses were when his opponent put up over 30.

Ryan is 18-16 when our opponent scores 20+ points. Our opponent has scored 20+ points in 34 of the games since Ryan has been here. He has a winning record when our opponent scores 20+ against us. 9 of those losses were when the opponent put up over 30, and 2 of those were 40+.

Ryan is 17-7 when our defense holds the other team to 20-29 points. Flacco is 9-11 when the Ravens have given up 20-29 points.

Only 26 out of 44 of Ryan's wins came when the defense held our opponent to 19 or less points. 34 out of 45 of Flacco's wins came when the Ravens held their opponent to 19 or less points.

[/thread]

too much stock is put in come from behind wins. You shouldnt be losing in the first place. Thats a stupid measurement to go by. Look at these come from behind wins. Most of them are 1)against crappy teams and 2)because he played crappy for a large portion of the game. Only showing up in the 4th qtr doesnt make you great.

too much stock is put in come from behind wins. You shouldnt be losing in the first place. Thats a stupid measurement to go by. Look at these come from behind wins. Most of them are 1)against crappy teams and 2)because he played crappy for a large portion of the game. Only showing up in the 4th qtr doesnt make you great.

100% of them are because the defense allowed the opposition to score and take the lead.

Both are very good. BUT Matt has carried this team more.

Flaccos had that defense this whole time.

Agreed. I saw the piece, too. Neither guy was totally one sided. They both ranked the two QB's as fairly equal, just giving one or the other a slight edge. I think their assessments were fair. If these two just up and switched teams, both would have success. But, the onus is going to remain on Ryan until he wins some playoff games.

Hey, Matt...let's just win the SB and shut everyone up for good!!.........cool.png

Edited by rightsaidfred

really? Like the 9-6 victory over the jets when they dropped 5 ints? Lol maddie was pathetic that game and the defense was stout yet you think its the defenses fault? Lol typical ryanette logic.

I said a statement of fact. I did not say the defense was terrible in those games or that every comeback was the defense's fault. You are the one saying Ryan was pathetic for the first 3 quarters, which is bull. All I said is that the defense allowed the opponent to score and take the lead. That is a fact. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be behind.

I said a statement of fact. I did not say the defense was terrible in those games or that every comeback was the defense's fault. You are the one saying Ryan was pathetic for the first 3 quarters, which is bull. All I said is that the defense allowed the opponent to score and take the lead. That is a fact. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be behind.

the inverse is true as well. 100% of the time ryan was unable to outscore his opponent until the end of the game. Look at the quality of those opponents. Lol

the inverse is true as well. 100% of the time ryan was unable to outscore his opponent until the end of the game. Look at the quality of those opponents. Lol

Chicago twice. Green Bay twice. Philly. NO. Jets. SF. Baltimore. That's 9 of them.

LOL if you don't think those are quality teams.

I have a feeling Ryan is at a turning point in his career, these next few years will define Matt Ryan. Starting with this Monday night. If there has ever been a time Matt needs to CARRY the team and be a winner this is it. these conversations about Flacco will be more define on who REALLY is better and also the Manning vs Ryan talks will start if Ryan has a great game, about who is better..... dry.png

really? Like the 9-6 victory over the jets when they dropped 5 ints? Lol maddie was pathetic that game and the defense was stout yet you think its the defenses fault? Lol typical ryanette logic.

Leave it to a moron like you to completely take things out of context. Lmao at how you think people care about your crap. haha you really take it upon yourself to make sure everyone thinks you are soooo smart. It's so fun to watch in an strange satisfying way.

When you post all I hear is:

NO MATTER WHAT ANY OF YOU SAY OR MATT RYAN DOES, I HATE HIM AND WILL BRING UP OLD CRAP IF I HAVE TO, TO DISCREDIT HIM!!!!!!!!!!