It's Time To End This Streak

Falconsfan567

The Falcons have made it a habit of breaking long standing franchise records and streaks. Well it's time for another to end. Can anyone remember the last time the Falcons won a MNF game? I'll give you guys a hint. MNF was still on ABC the last time the Falcons won a MNF game.

You have to go all the way back to December 12, 2005 when the Falcons beat the Saints 36-17. Remember that game was known for that long touchdown pass from Vick to Roddy. One of the few times Roddy actually caught a pass from Vick.

Unfortunately that was one of only 2 wins (the other being the 27-7 Thanksgiving beatdown in Detroit) the Falcons had in their final 8 games of 2005 and as a result they were left sitting on the couch watching January football.

September 25, 2006 - at Saints - Loss 3-23

October 15, 2007 - Giants - Loss 10-31

December 10, 2007 - Saints - Loss 14-34

November 2, 2009 - at Saints - Loss 27-35

December 27, 2010 - Saints - Loss 14-17

December 26, 2011 - at Saints - Loss 16-45

September 17, 2012 - Broncos - ????

The Falcons have made it a habit of breaking long standing franchise records and streaks. Well it's time for another to end. Can anyone remember the last time the Falcons won a MNF game? I'll give you guys a hint. MNF was still on ABC the last time the Falcons won a MNF game.

You have to go all the way back to December 12, 2005 when the Falcons beat the Saints 36-17. Remember that game was known for that long touchdown pass from Vick to Roddy. One of the few times Roddy actually caught a pass from Vick.

Unfortunately that was one of only 2 wins (the other being the 27-7 Thanksgiving beatdown in Detroit) the Falcons had in their final 8 games of 2005 and as a result they were left sitting on the couch watching January football.

2005 must have been special, didn't we also beat the Eagles on Monday Night? I can't wait to end this current drought either.

2005 must have been special, didn't we also beat the Eagles on Monday Night? I can't wait to end this current drought either.

2005 was special. The Falcons played 3 MNF games and won them all. Eagles, Jets and Saints all in the Dome. Plus they won on Thanksgiving in Detroit. The Falcons were 4-0 in national TV games that year. It was truly special in that regard.

Guest Negatorris

Mostly because of those **** Taints. We rarely got matched up with other teams.

Anyway, we have already started breaking records. We finally won a road opener. Haven't done that since 2006.

Finally ESPN has Grudden on MNF but they've started to get him converted into one their mindless babbling machine. He used to talk about football, and players ... I hate ESPN period and I hate that they have meetings before a game to go over what they're going to talk about during the game ... I have a good idea for them ... Talk about the game being played on the field and stop with all the nonsense and stop trying to start contrevorsy (Spelling) ... I'm not trying to sound sexist or anything, but I remember back to ESPN in the 80s-90s and they actually covered what happened on the field and covered every team.

Now all they do is talk about 1 or 2 players and teams. If you're not in the North East Bubble then you're treated like you don't exist. NY, Phi, NJ, Bos, Wash, are the only teams that get covered in Baseball, and those same teams plus Dal, GB, *SF, *NO(*only recently) in the NFL. They hate that the SEC is the best conference and all last weekend they talked about will the SEC get beat, and not win a championship again this year. USC, Ohio St, Michigan, ND, OU, Neb, Texas are the teams they talk about and only after the SEC won 6 championships in a row did they start admitting that the SEC is the best conference.

They ruined MNF, the point of it was to be on National TV where Everybody could watch it. I'm glad NBC has stepped up because Sunday is the best night for Football and I don't even watch the MNF game unless we are playing. I'm not sure what Atlanta has done to ESPN but they hate all of our teams, and hardly give us credit when it's well deserved. I'm not sure if CNN being here has a hand in it but they do not cover us like they should.

The people they have in the booth should be gone except Chucky, and they need to allow the announcers to call the game and stop worring about off the field nonsense. I swear I hate to hear a woman announce any sport, and I feel that they will have one in the booth soon. Ever since women have started being on the air at ESPN it's become drama central. I remember back when Sportcenter was the thing I watched constantly to see who was doing well, and catch up on games I missed. It was fun to watch, and in an hour they covered it all. Now all they cover is 2 topics about the same person that they've talked about for the past 2 weeks.

Last season on the last MNF game they showed the meeting room and said that they all sit in the same seats everytime even tho they're not assigned seats. They stated they go over details that they're going to talk about during the game, I'm sure Wes Durham and Dave Archer don't script the game they call on the field. Do away w/ sideline reporters too. I've yet to hear anyone of them say anything that's been of benefit to me or the game.

I want the old ESPN back until then I'll continue my boycott of ESPN. I see that NBC has a new sports network and I'm sure they're going to replace ESPN soon ... I hoped Fox would but their shows are unwatchable too.

Finally ESPN has Grudden on MNF but they've started to get him converted into one their mindless babbling machine. He used to talk about football, and players ... I hate ESPN period and I hate that they have meetings before a game to go over what they're going to talk about during the game ... I have a good idea for them ... Talk about the game being played on the field and stop with all the nonsense and stop trying to start contrevorsy (Spelling) ... I'm not trying to sound sexist or anything, but I remember back to ESPN in the 80s-90s and they actually covered what happened on the field and covered every team.

Now all they do is talk about 1 or 2 players and teams. If you're not in the North East Bubble then you're treated like you don't exist. NY, Phi, NJ, Bos, Wash, are the only teams that get covered in Baseball, and those same teams plus Dal, GB, *SF, *NO(*only recently) in the NFL. They hate that the SEC is the best conference and all last weekend they talked about will the SEC get beat, and not win a championship again this year. USC, Ohio St, Michigan, ND, OU, Neb, Texas are the teams they talk about and only after the SEC won 6 championships in a row did they start admitting that the SEC is the best conference.

They ruined MNF, the point of it was to be on National TV where Everybody could watch it. I'm glad NBC has stepped up because Sunday is the best night for Football and I don't even watch the MNF game unless we are playing. I'm not sure what Atlanta has done to ESPN but they hate all of our teams, and hardly give us credit when it's well deserved. I'm not sure if CNN being here has a hand in it but they do not cover us like they should.

The people they have in the booth should be gone except Chucky, and they need to allow the announcers to call the game and stop worring about off the field nonsense. I swear I hate to hear a woman announce any sport, and I feel that they will have one in the booth soon. Ever since women have started being on the air at ESPN it's become drama central. I remember back when Sportcenter was the thing I watched constantly to see who was doing well, and catch up on games I missed. It was fun to watch, and in an hour they covered it all. Now all they cover is 2 topics about the same person that they've talked about for the past 2 weeks.

Last season on the last MNF game they showed the meeting room and said that they all sit in the same seats everytime even tho they're not assigned seats. They stated they go over details that they're going to talk about during the game, I'm sure Wes Durham and Dave Archer don't script the game they call on the field. Do away w/ sideline reporters too. I've yet to hear anyone of them say anything that's been of benefit to me or the game.

I want the old ESPN back until then I'll continue my boycott of ESPN. I see that NBC has a new sports network and I'm sure they're going to replace ESPN soon ... I hoped Fox would but their shows are unwatchable too.

A FREAKIN MEN!

Falcons have worst win % of any franchise not named texans on Monday night. I remember the greatest show on turf lighting us up one night, steelers in the dome one night and of course San Fran and Jerry throwing it up and down the field in us. Ya Monday is not good for us.

Edited by Dominique is Manufique

2005 was special. The Falcons played 3 MNF games and won them all. Eagles, Jets and Saints all in the Dome. Plus they won on Thanksgiving in Detroit. The Falcons were 4-0 in national TV games that year. It was truly special in that regard.

Didn't a fight breakout between the Falcons and Eagles players before that game started? I think I remember some Falcons players and the Eagles MLB Jeramiah Trotter could not play in the game due to the fight.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds

Guest Negatorris

Didn't a fight breakout between the Falcons and Eagles players before that game started? I think I remember some Falcons players and the Eagles MLB Jeramiah Trotter could not play in the game due to the fight.

Yeah, I remember that. Glad we got our revenge in that game though.

Interesting. No wonder I hate going to MNF games. I just hope the wheels fall off the Manning Wagon by half time otherwise the place starts getting pretty stupid on Monday Night games.

The Falcons have a good team. Why not showcase that talent? MNF is the perfect game to perhaps shut-up the so called experts, pundits, and analysts who always pick against the Falcons, and especially when it comes to Peyton Manning. The Falcons just need to believe and have confidence that they can defeat Denver. Falcons fans on Monday night must become the 12th man and make lots of noise to support the team. Positive thoughts bring positive results.

Preach on!

That bad, ouch. The streak prior to 2005 had been horrid, and back then MNF was the only prime time game, and the Falcons usually got slaughtered. .

Yeah, we were that bad.

I've tried to find a link to this but it happened so long ago that I haven't been able to,

but once Howard Cossell said he never wanted to see the Falcons on MNF ever again! laugh.png