Falcons New Offense

Shredman

well, so far

man oh man

its not really a new O

just things have been added and we have took more of a ..well aggressive i guess is the word approach

The Screen Pass was on display Sunday and accounted for 3 big plays and a score

(altho the score was shakey with HD getting a bit excited lol)

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media-lounge/videos/Film-Session-Falcons-vs-Chiefs/991b0d74-bcde-4de2-b32b-e83f29f97c05

The way we stretch the Field, this Screen Game is gonna Give D Cords Nightmares game week with the Falcons

we didnt see much of the no huddle sunday, but we did see it in Preseason, so Falcons still have not shown alot of the new Package when it counts. which is good, if we can see something new every week it makes it very tuff to gameplan against.....

ppl were questioning the hiring of DK

looking at what he has brought to the table and his willingness to work with M Ryan and keep in what he likes.... I think he was a great Choice for the OC spot... they have looked very very good since May ppl....

If the O improves even more, man... I just dont see how anyone could say we are not among the top Os in the NFL

The incredibly disturbing thing about that game was that Ryan had perfect rhythm on the wide receiver screens and we had the receivers to make it work. So why did we not do this exact thing when we lined up at 4th and 1 in a road playoff game with five wide against 9 in the box? Did we go all last year with that broken down offensive line knowing that Ryan could have this kind of chemistry with Julio and Roddy on the screen and not do it for fear that we would be taking a bigger risk going at someone like Aaron Ross as compared to Justin Tuck?

Didn't read and yes the falcons looked good, but

IT WAS ONE GAME.

But you still felt the need to say this even though admitting you didnt read isnt that a little ********?

Any way back on topic,

We had route combinations finally which made space for the receivers to get the ball. The O still needs work though. 1 on 1 routes, long ball, running game.. there is a lot of things to improve on always.

I'm worried about the run game. Dirk said in preseason everything was fine, he just didn't give a crap about running the ball. Now that it's the real season, I hope he's giving a crap.

So true. Run blocking has sucked and we have did patch jobs with FB since Ovie.

DK had the guts to know the run wasnt working and air it out some. MM never learned. He would just keep getting 2 yards then go down 14 points and let Ryan takeover and try and save it.

well, so far

man oh man

its not really a new O

just things have been added and we have took more of a ..well aggressive i guess is the word approach

The Screen Pass was on display Sunday and accounted for 3 big plays and a score

(altho the score was shakey with HD getting a bit excited lol)

http://www.atlantafa...2b-e83f29f97c05

The way we stretch the Field, this Screen Game is gonna Give D Cords Nightmares game week with the Falcons

we didnt see much of the no huddle sunday, but we did see it in Preseason, so Falcons still have not shown alot of the new Package when it counts. which is good, if we can see something new every week it makes it very tuff to gameplan against.....

ppl were questioning the hiring of DK

looking at what he has brought to the table and his willingness to work with M Ryan and keep in what he likes.... I think he was a great Choice for the OC spot... they have looked very very good since May ppl....

If the O improves even more, man... I just dont see how anyone could say we are not among the top Os in the NFL

They did fine but still a little surprised about the lack of deep balls, RB and WR screens or lack of...

todd-haley-animated-gif.gif

I like that Atlanta fans think that Mularkey was brain dead and Koetter is some sort of genius picking up the pieces of a potential-laden, terribly misused offense. They're getting enormously excited about beating up on a bad defense missing its two best players.

kinda like how pox and a few panther fans thought cam was better then ryan because he started the season picking on 2 weak defenses last year?

I saw who started the thread and used that knowledge to assume that the post was gonna talk about the greatness that will be unleashed on the league.

Can it happen? it sure can, but its kinda silly to draw these season long conclusions after the very first game of the season.

What's expected of the redskins? They beat a supposedly higher quality opponent.

How about the Cowboys? They beat the defending super bowl champs at home in a game that the road team rarely wins.

The season is long and alot will happen from now to October much less January.

I fully agree with this.

If the Falcons are gangbusters, then surely they must pay heed cause the "its only 1 game" argument surely gives greater creedence to the Redskins and Cowboys prospects...

but nothing wrong with a fan loving a bit too much on his team.

That game had a lot of question marks for Falcon fans, it had to be a relief to have them answered to the positive.

That playoff loss last January was a bitter pill to swallow.

Cowboy fans had to expect they would be competitive with Giants, especially in September..

Redskin fans had no clue they would be in it after the 2nd quarter.

I really think deep down a lot of these Falcon fans were really worried about that Chiefs game.

What you are hearing isnt gloating, but rather a huge sigh of relief.

I fully agree with this.

If the Falcons are gangbusters, then surely they must pay heed cause the "its only 1 game" argument surely gives greater creedence to the Redskins and Cowboys prospects...

but nothing wrong with a fan loving a bit too much on his team.

That game had a lot of question marks for Falcon fans, it had to be a relief to have them answered to the positive.

That playoff loss last January was a bitter pill to swallow.

Cowboy fans had to expect they would be competitive with Giants, especially in September..

Redskin fans had no clue they would be in it after the 2nd quarter.

I really think deep down a lot of these Falcon fans were really worried about that Chiefs game.

What you are hearing isnt gloating, but rather a huge sigh of relief.

Not true. We always play the saints tough. WFW did call the upset.

I saw who started the thread and used that knowledge to assume that the post was gonna talk about the greatness that will be unleashed on the league.

Can it happen? it sure can, but its kinda silly to draw these season long conclusions after the very first game of the season.

What's expected of the redskins? They beat a supposedly higher quality opponent.

How about the Cowboys? They beat the defending super bowl champs at home in a game that the road team rarely wins.

The season is long and alot will happen from now to October much less January.

Cool story bro, that wasnt the point of this thread. We know its one game we can count. The point was in 1 game we noticed the difference in play calling and play structure. Dont be so quick to jump to the "its only one game argument". Its nothing but joy to finally see some variety in or otherwise stale offensive strategy over the past 3 years. Has nothing to do with other teams or the Falcons being great, our offense looks more creative in the play calling and route design than in the past based on the pre-season and regular season game(s)

"I like that Atlanta fans think that Mularkey was brain dead and Koetter is some sort of genius picking up the pieces of a potential-laden, terribly misused offense. They're getting enormously excited about beating up on a bad defense missing its two best players. "

,Ill give you a pass because its obvious you dont follow the falcons like we do, I cant tell you about the Panthers offense. I know some of the players but I cant tell you the trend in your play calling etc. I can tell you that last year and the year before and the year before, while watching playoff games , falcon fans could routinely call the exact play they were going to run before they ran it, If I "normal joe" sitting at home your **** well a coach from the opposition with more resources can do the same. Your failing to prove anything because your attempting to berate a win based off the competition at the time. Something which is out of control of the Falcons. I ask you If we lose a game now based on passing, will you say "oh its ok they dont have Brent Grimes" no your going to come here and talk **** like a normal rival fan which is fine. Injuries happen and excuse me for being excited to see someone use a tight end to clear out the middle of the field for a crossing route. Maybe you don't notice things like that maybe you dont care, but dont run your mouth in an attempt to play it off as Falcon fans over reacting to a victory in the NFL. If you want to see that goto TATF, If you beat the bucs I could easily go find a stupid *** thread on huddle and link it here, good teams beat teams they are suppose to beat.

Yeah, I picked against the Cardinals, but let me just tell you THE CARDS ARE DA TROOF, SONS. Doubts: erased.

I suppose it could be that people just make picks and then the games turn out one way or the other, but it's hard to argue with the results. Cards=team of destiny.

I like that Atlanta fans think that Mularkey was brain dead and Koetter is some sort of genius picking up the pieces of a potential-laden, terribly misused offense. They're getting enormously excited about beating up on a bad defense missing its two best players.

Yes because a defense that still has Eric Berry, Derrick Johnson, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Justin Houston, and Stanford Routt is bad.

C'mon man, that's still a decent defense, maybe better than the Saints defense. Even without Hali and Flowers that is still a D that can hold it's own against most NFL teams and give their O a chance to win.

Yes because a defense that still has Eric Berry, Derrick Johnson, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Justin Houston, and Stanford Routt is bad. C'mon man, that's still a decent defense, maybe better than the Saints defense. Even without Hali and Flowers that is still a D that can hold it's own against most NFL teams and give their O a chance to win.

My point is this: Throughout the offseason people have been acting like the Falcons offense is going to make "the leap." They've been a nice offense, a top ten offense, for a while now. But fans have been assuming that Koetter is going to come in and make that something of the past, and that Atlanta's offense is going to become a powerhouse that wins in the air. Beating up on last year's eleventh-ranked defense without its best pass-rusher and cornerback is a bit too easy to really validate that idea. Not a bad win, just not one that's as significant as Atlanta fans are making it out to be.

"I like that Atlanta fans think that Mularkey was brain dead and Koetter is some sort of genius picking up the pieces of a potential-laden, terribly misused offense. They're getting enormously excited about beating up on a bad defense missing its two best players." ,Ill give you a pass because its obvious you dont follow the falcons like we do, I cant tell you about the Panthers offense. I know some of the players but I cant tell you the trend in your play calling etc. I can tell you that last year and the year before and the year before, while watching playoff games , falcon fans could routinely call the exact play they were going to run before they ran it, If I "normal joe" sitting at home your **** well a coach from the opposition with more resources can do the same. Your failing to prove anything because your attempting to berate a win based off the competition at the time. Something which is out of control of the Falcons. I ask you If we lose a game now based on passing, will you say "oh its ok they dont have Brent Grimes" no your going to come here and talk **** like a normal rival fan which is fine. Injuries happen and excuse me for being excited to see someone use a tight end to clear out the middle of the field for a crossing route. Maybe you don't notice things like that maybe you dont care, but dont run your mouth in an attempt to play it off as Falcon fans over reacting to a victory in the NFL. If you want to see that goto TATF, If you beat the bucs I could easily go find a stupid *** thread on huddle and link it here, good teams beat teams they are suppose to beat.

Recall, if you will, that Mularkey was hired away from your team. You didn't fire him because he was stupid, he got a promotion and a raise. I'm supposed to believe that the Falcons' fan base is correct and that he's incompetent when he's a respected coach in the NFL? And that the Jaguars' coordinator is going to fix that? Seriously?

Recall, if you will, that Mularkey was hired away from your team. You didn't fire him because he was stupid, he got a promotion and a raise. I'm supposed to believe that the Falcons' fan base is correct and that he's incompetent when he's a respected coach in the NFL? And that the Jaguars' coordinator is going to fix that? Seriously?

I think Mularkey's already had a noticeably positive effect in Jacksonville and he just might bring Gabbert around on a franchise that otherwise seems ****-bent on destroying him, that said with our players it made less and less sense to cut easy yardage out of the offense and rely so heavily on a few specific types of attack. Last year we were trying to put together no-huddle drives with Turner, Cox and Reggie Kelly on the field. It was definitely time to make the switch from a great quarterback coach to an offensive coordinator.

Again, you think he would not have been fired you are kidding yourself. Its not that he was incompetent, he was no longer a fit for what this offense needed. It was glaring and obvious all year long. Mularkey is good with new quarterbacks because of his simplicity. He only requires a game manager to be successful. Koetter, uses a different Offense that requires the quarter back to have the capacity to do more. Instead of being a game manager the quarterback has an active role.

My point is this: Throughout the offseason people have been acting like the Falcons offense is going to make "the leap." They've been a nice offense, a top ten offense, for a while now. But fans have been assuming that Koetter is going to come in and make that something of the past, and that Atlanta's offense is going to become a powerhouse that wins in the air. Beating up on last year's eleventh-ranked defense without its best pass-rusher and cornerback is a bit too easy to really validate that idea. Not a bad win, just not one that's as significant as Atlanta fans are making it out to be.

The outcome of this season has not been determined. The sigh of relief that we were promised a different offense and the front office, and team actually delivered it this time. Its not about the win. However any win in the NFL is a good win they are professional athletes and suppose to be the best at what they do, they didnt lay down and just give away the win. I for one dont care what team it was, the play-calling, the play structure, and the execution that is what most are excited about. If you see that as gloating, you are mistaken.

Again, you think he would not have been fired you are kidding yourself. Its not that he was incompetent, he was no longer a fit for what this offense needed. It was glaring and obvious all year long. Mularkey is good with new quarterbacks because of his simplicity. He only requires a game manager to be successful. Koetter, uses a different Offense that requires the quarter back to have the capacity to do more. Instead of being a game manager the quarterback has an active role.

The outcome of this season has not been determined. The sigh of relief that we were promised a different offense and the front office, and team actually delivered it this time. Its not about the win. However any win in the NFL is a good win they are professional athletes and suppose to be the best at what they do, they didnt lay down and just give away the win. I for one dont care what team it was, the play-calling, the play structure, and the execution that is what most are excited about. If you see that as gloating, you are mistaken.

I don't see it as gloating, I see it as a fan base getting very excited about success in a small sample size against a defense that played into the hands of what the offense wanted to do. Just saying.

Matt Ryan threw the ball 566 times last year. Seventh in the NFL in attempts. Pretty much the opposite of what you're describing. I'm confused.

I thought we were coming to the end of this discussion. What Im talking about with the playbook cannot be reflected in the stats. It was not about how many time he threw the ball it was about the design of the plays that relied on one on one match ups for the receivers, routes that involved comebacks, curls and sit downs.