Terrence Johnson And Grimes Injury

Miller2Rison

Ok first of all i have to point out that some of you all are idiots but I'm sure most of ya'l already knew that, i was going to post this in the Terrence Johnson thread but after i saw it was like 5 pages long i decided this was the better way to do it. I actually have room to type something a little longer than usual as I am posting this from a computer and not from my phone (rare)

With that being said I have to admit I like the pick up, dude may not be a baller but I remember a time when this whole board wanted Owens to start over Grimes bc of Grimes size, I told you Grimes was the better corner then and he oviously proved me right.

We don't have a lock at a number 3 corner right now, at all. Owens has made a living playing like Rudy on special teams and that is one reason why he has not been cut. We re-signed Franks who after his performance in preseason wasn't good enough to make the team but with injuries and no depth at corner we had no choice but to bring him back. Now we have a position battle at the 3rd corner spot and who ever gets it will likely play on the outside with Dunta in the slot.

The best part about it is with Johnson we have a player off the street who is hungry and wants a spot on the team, how well he perfroms is yet to be seen but to bring in a hungry free agent with a spot wide open is good (unfortunatly its a week before we play Manning) I wish Grimes injury would have happened in preseason so we could have gotten better prepared (I wish Grimes didn't get injured at all)

As far now I like Owens coming in as the outside corner in nickel situations but remember Wes Welker was a hungry free agent off the street after the Dolphins let him go and well his time in New England speaks for its self.

I said in the thread that this guy is brent grimes v2 and got laughed at.

He's athletic, quick and best of all he has experience.

He's not coming in to be the starter right away anyhow. And who the heck else were we gonna sign?

Should of signed that Van Dyke speedster that Oakland released.

I said in the thread that this guy is brent grimes v2 and got laughed at.

He's athletic, quick and best of all he has experience.

He's not coming in to be the starter right away anyhow. And who the heck else were we gonna sign?

Actually grimes had skill straight out of college, it just took everyone forever to see it... i watched him a long time. We didn't develop him, Brent was always a excellent coverage corner, but everyone wouldn't give him a starting shot because of where he came from.