Is Turner Overrated?

FaIconfansince80

I thougt he was back when we signed him. I mean he was a back up RB. If theres any way we can get McFadden in the near future we better do it! So was turner overrated at the time of signing or is he just losing a step or already looking ahead to the next team?

Honestly, I was noticing how innefective McFadden was when teams penetrated their Oline.

What's really funny to me, is that McFadden and Turner HAD THE EXACT SAME AMMOUNT OF YARDS only thing is it took McFadden 15 carries to get 32 yards and a 2.1 YPC average when it took Turner 11 carries and his 2.9 YPC average.

Honestly, I was noticing how innefective McFadden was when teams penetrated their Oline.

What's really funny to me, is that McFadden and Turner HAD THE EXACT SAME AMMOUNT OF YARDS only thing is it took McFadden 15 carries to get 32 yards and a 2.1 YPC average when it took Turner 11 carries and his 2.9 YPC average.

No one is effective with 3 defenders in the backfield but McFadden would a heck of alot better checkdown than Turner. Oaklands line looks like swiss cheese too. But this is about Turner.

We really need to look at RB in this year's draft. I want someone in the mold of a Demarco Murray, Jamaal Charles, Fred Jackson, or Arian Foster. Someone that explodes through the line and has the moves to jump-cut out of the hole and take it to the outside for a big gain and is also a threat out of the backfield.

I think Quizz is a nice player, but we need an explosive RB in this offense, and Quizz isn't explosive.

Edited by Heisenberg

Turner has consistently been a top 5 back since he's been here up until arguably last year, but right now expectations for Turner are not very high given the change in offensive strategy, and Turner getting up there in carries and age.

So to answer your question, I don't think Turner has ever been overrated.