Early Prediction For Broncos At Falcons

Denver Broncos at Atlanta Falcons

hi-res-151688125_display_image.jpg?1347332237

Doug Pensinger/Getty Images

B/R Consensus: Atlanta Falcons (6-5)

Vegas: Falcons -4

Schottey: Broncos

It's a coin-toss matchup in this one, as the Falcons will be tough to beat at home. However, with Michael Turner quickly declining and Brent Grimes done for the year, the Broncos have a glimmer of light through that Georgia Dome roof. If Denver can keep John Abraham and the Falcons rush at bay, Peyton Manning should be able to continue his comeback tour.

Nagler: Falcons

The Broncos looked like a well-balanced team against the Steelers, but the Falcons looked like they could put up 40 on anyone during their beatdown of the Chiefs. Peyton Manning should be able to work things downfield, especially with Brent Grimes out for the Falcons. But Matt Ryan and his receivers will be too much at home for the Broncos.

Miller: Falcons

Two of the best passing attacks from Week 1 face off in what should be a fun game. The Broncos beat a banged up Steeler team that may have them overrated at this point. Atlanta's passing game, and what they can do with Michael Turner, will give them a slight edge in this one.

Hansen: Broncos

Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning, and the Denver offense should only get better as the receivers get more comfortable with him. The Broncos' defense is built to stop the pass, which is exactly what the Falcons want to do. Champ Bailey and Tracy Porter can limit Julio Jones and Roddy White, while Michael Turner doesn't have the speed to exploit the Broncos' run defense to the outside. Manning loves playing in a dome, so expect a high-scoring game.

Bardeen: Falcons

The Falcons pasted 40 on Kansas City, and Monday night could be another track meet when Denver comes to town. Atlanta's offense looked terrific, but the defense still needed two quarters to get up to speed. Can Atlanta's new defense slow Peyton Manning enough?

I hope the Falcons win, but I'm having a hard time seeing a scenario where they blow Denver out. I am having trouble understanding where anybody sees that scenario.

I don't think most fans see a blow out but see us winning by 10 points or less. I honestly think it will come down to which offense stalls last. Peyton and Matt both have 4th quarter comebacks in their belt but whichever defense will break in the 4th will lose it for their team.

I don't see a blowout either. It would be nice if they did blow out the Broncos on MNF in front of the nation. This game will come down to a few plays. Falcons need to play mistake free football and pressure Manning. Falcons SHOULD stop the run. Matty should have a nice day passing being that he plays well at home.

Guest Negatorris

Our offense is going to destroy Denver's D. Manning drives down the field on our D in the first half but the D find's it's footing in the second and causes turnovers. Falcons win the game by 10+ points. Harry Douglas has a big game IMO.

Are you bipolar? Are you just being sarcastic? Lol, I remember you freaking the **** out yesterday.

I don't see a blowout either. It would be nice if they did blow out the Broncos on MNF in front of the nation. This game will come down to a few plays. Falcons need to play mistake free football and pressure Manning. Falcons SHOULD stop the run. Matty should have a nice day passing being that he plays well at home.

I believe whoever wins the TO battle, they will win the game.

I hope the Falcons win, but I'm having a hard time seeing a scenario where they blow Denver out. I am having trouble understanding where anybody sees that scenario.

anybody predicting Falcons blowout has not been paying attention. We could not stop KC for two quarters and they mostly stopped themselves in 2nd half.

We will not stop Peyton Manning much at all. It will be the last team to score - wins. That is how I see it.

Denver's defense is a tougher match-up for Falcons offense than Falcon's defense is for Peyton and Denver offense.

Falcons are at home......

all this balances out to me and looks like a close game. Broncos have better corners and better pass-rushers than Falcons.

Matt Ryan will have to play another GREAT game to win - the defense won't likely help him much.

anybody predicting Falcons blowout has not been paying attention. We could not stop KC for two quarters and they mostly stopped themselves in 2nd half.

We will not stop Peyton Manning much at all. It will be the last team to score - wins. That is how I see it.

I just hope the Falcons can keep up. Going from Routt/Reeves last week to Bailey/Porter this week is about as big a bump up in competition as Roddy and Julio could see.

Our achilles heel (no pun intended) is the failure to make touchdowns when suitably placed. We have to be red zone efficient against the Broncos as they will nail their opportunities better on paper at least.

The defenses on both sides will determine the winner of this game. Our O line has to wratchet their endeavours up a notch in order to stop the impressive pass rush they have. The other key is to perhaps try and maintain possession for long time eating drives so as to limit the amount of time Peyton has and for special teams to nail them inside the 20 after punts and kick offs.

To win would propel the self belief in this team through the roof of the Dome - so my prediction is a close Falcons 28 Broncos 24!

This team steps up during big games (in the reg. season) lol, If I remember correctly we went up 21-0 on the Pack last year before blowing it, its a matter of execution, if we get up on the Broncos we have to stay up and not give any cushion, I dont see any mercy being given for either team for whoever gets first advantage.

This team steps up during big games (in the reg. season) lol, If I remember correctly we went up 21-0 on the Pack last year before blowing it, its a matter of execution, if we get up on the Broncos we have to stay up and not give any cushion, I dont see any mercy being given for either team for whoever gets first advantage.

14-0, then the Pack scored the last 25.

A key fact here is that the last time they encountered each other, Peyton had 3 INTs against a Nolan-coached team. That's when Peyton had a receiver corps with more talent than he has now, and Nolan didn't exactly have the '00 Ravens on defense.

Whichever team can force field goals will come out on top. This and turnovers will be key. We have the better recievers, they have the better corners. As one of the pundits mentioned, the broncos are built to defend the pass because of the pass rush and their corners.

Although I was extremely impressed with Porter against Pitt, he is no match for our wideouts. They will be bringing serious heat. Can we take advantage of the aggressiveness? How much time will Ryan have?

Broncos are #1 in sacks after week 1. Five sacks. As I mentioned in another thread, was because of the pitt Oline? Or because Ben holds onto the ball like a pitt-bull with a rawhide chew toy...

I think the Falcons won't stop trying to score if they get a lead like that. This Falcon team wont try to eat up the clock with Turner. They will keep their foot on the gas unlike previous years Falcon teams. Not to mention Matty needs to put up huge numbers along with teh win to get that nig contract from Blank.

• I think the Falcons better be prepared to see a lot of the no-huddle offense out of Peyton Manning and the Broncos. In Week 1, the Broncos scored 25 points on four drives while going without a huddle. On the three drives they didn’t huddle, the Broncos produced zero points.
  • I also think you’ll probably see a lot of three-receiver sets from the Falcons. In Week 1, Matt Ryan was 18-of-22 (81.8 percent) for 208 yards and three touchdowns when the Falcons had three receivers on the field.
  • Atlanta’s Julio Jones has at least one receiving touchdown in each of his last five games. That’s the NFL’s longest active streak

Whichever team can force field goals will come out on top. This and turnovers will be key. We have the better recievers, they have the better corners. As one of the pundits mentioned, the broncos are built to defend the pass because of the pass rush and their corners.

Although I was extremely impressed with Porter against Pitt, he is no match for our wideouts. They will be bringing serious heat. Can we take advantage of the aggressiveness? How much time will Ryan have?

Broncos are #1 in sacks after week 1. Five sacks. As I mentioned in another thread, was because of the pitt Oline? Or because Ben holds onto the ball like a pitt-bull with a rawhide chew toy...

Steelers always give up alot of sacks, also due to the fact that Ben holds on to the ball way to long... not trying to negate Broncos D!