Who Is This Clown?

Trouble

Richie Incognito: “I will never apologize for the way I play football”

Texans defensive lineman Antonio Smith ripped Incognito as a dirty player, claiming that Incognito “was hitting people after the play, sliding down on your leg grabbing your ankle and trying to twist to break your ankle.” After reading our post on Smith’s comments, Incognito responded on Twitter that he isn’t too worried about being called dirty:

then the tweets start.

After reading our post on Smith’s comments, Incognito responded on Twitter that he isn’t too worried about being called dirty:

@ProFootballTalk I've been called worse smile.png

Richie incognito (@68INCOGNITO) September 10, 2012

Incognito also wrote on Twitter that he believes he plays football the right way:

I will never apologize for the way I play football. Physical- Hard Nose football from snap to whistle. Get with it or get run over by it.

Richie incognito (@68INCOGNITO)

But Incognito denied Smith’s claim that he was attempting to twist or break his ankle, saying he respects his opponents and doesn’t try to knock them out of games:

I have never stepped on the field with the intent to injure another player. I have too much respect for the men that play this game.

Richie incognito (@68INCOGNITO)

Incognito has been accused so many times of playing dirty that it’s hard to believe there isn’t at least some truth to what opposing players say about him. But it’s clear that Incognito has no intentions of changing his ways.

Hummmmm havent we heard this same song and dance before?

Phin gate...... is Williams this guys pr rep?

I think this is just a result of the "new NFL".

Prior to all the player protection modifications added to the game, there was a clear and positive way to deal with the "dirty player".

Everyone on every team in every town knew that if there was a dirty player on the opposing team or even a dirty philosophy on the team as a whole... there was one way to deal with it.

During my formative years, I sided with the silver and black.

I knew they were dirty. They knew they were dirty. Every team in football knew they were dirty.

But it wasnt until the Steel Curtain showed up, that the silver and black was ever challenged.

And it quickly became known that if you could put up with more than 25 minutes of the unscrupulous pain that the Raiders were dishing, then you had a shot against them.

And if you could dish it back tenfold, then you could dominate them.

The game became cleaner in a sense because of the self-policing aspect that could be controlled by the players. And fans LOVED that aspect of the game.

Now, defensive players become so defensive because so many of todays rules limit what the defense can do and yet there has really been little done to stop the offense from being well... offensive. So defenders cry and howl when they come across players who play the way the game was meant to be played. It really has hurt the game and I think you will find more and more defenders crying about offensive players being simply offensive as the years go on.

I think this is just a result of the "new NFL".

Prior to all the player protection modifications added to the game, there was a clear and positive way to deal with the "dirty player".

Everyone on every team in every town knew that if there was a dirty player on the opposing team or even a dirty philosophy on the team as a whole... there was one way to deal with it.

During my formative years, I sided with the silver and black.

I knew they were dirty. They knew they were dirty. Every team in football knew they were dirty.

But it wasnt until the Steel Curtain showed up, that the silver and black was ever challenged.

And it quickly became known that if you could put up with more than 25 minutes of the unscrupulous pain that the Raiders were dishing, then you had a shot against them.

And if you could dish it back tenfold, then you could dominate them.

The game became cleaner in a sense because of the self-policing aspect that could be controlled by the players. And fans LOVED that aspect of the game.

Now, defensive players become so defensive because so many of todays rules limit what the defense can do and yet there has really been little done to stop the offense from being well... offensive. So defenders cry and howl when they come across players who play the way the game was meant to be played. It really has hurt the game and I think you will find more and more defenders crying about offensive players being simply offensive as the years go on.

There's an issue with what you said. The Steelers were the dirtiest team in the NFL back then. Not the Raiders. Just because the media portrays the Raiders as such i viewed it as them giving the Steelers some of their own medicine as evidenced by chuck noll crying when Atkinson took out Lynn Swann.

Not arguing what you are referring to but the Steelers were the first team to really fight fire with fire.

Before that, all other teams, especially their division rivals, just tried to outplay them.

The Steelers were really the first team to attempt to "police" the Raiders.

I would say the Dolphins. They had some nasty dudes on that D in the early 70s. (can you tell i hate Pitt?)