No Disrespect To Pittsburgh But The Falcons

atlbaby

I normally do not like to compare teams to each other based off their performance against another team, but I will this time.

The difference the Broncos will see between Pittsburgh and Atlanta (mainly on offense) (Neg -)(Pos +)

Pittsburgh:

1. New coordinator

2. 1st season playing without Hines Ward (-)

3. Played without their #1 RB "Mendenhall" (-)

4. Their #1 receiver who I think is a #2 at best held out all offseason. New OC (-)

4a. Did he know all the plays? Could Big Ben really audible if he had too? (-)

5. None of their skill players requires a double team (-)

6. With the injury to their rookie OL they had to reshuffle the line. Majority of the sacks, 3 out 5 came from the right(-)

7. Played on the road (-)

Atlanta:

1. New coordinator "same"

2. The same players from last year minus Mughelli (+)

3. Turner and Rodgers should fair better with the attention of JJ,Roddy,Tony (+)

4. All of player reported to camp and knows the system (+) plus the no huddle, Ryan can audible if needed (+)

5. Skill players do require a double team. Can't double everybody (+)

6. OL played pretty good Sunday (?)

7. Home crowd. Ryan normally plays good at home (+)

Guest Negatorris

The only thing the Steelers have us beat on is defense. On offense, we are better or just as good in almost every position. This will perhaps be the best passing attack they face outside of NO and NE. Not to mention it's in the dome. The odds are heavily against the Broncos right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost a hard fought shootout, but I believe we explode on the scene come next Monday.

The only thing the Steelers have us beat on is defense. On offense, we are better or just as good in almost every position. This will perhaps be the best passing attack they face outside of NO and NE. Not to mention it's in the dome. The odds are heavily against the Broncos right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost a hard fought shootout, but I believe we explode on the scene come next Monday.

And that Steelers D ain't gonna be what it has been this year.

The Steelers secondary hasn't been good for years. They have to rely heavily on their pass rush, and of course their run D has been great for what seems like 40 years, so it makes you 1 dimensional. Tebow passed for 300 against them. Enough said.

The Tebow game was a fluke.

Pittsburghs defense has been number 1 three times in the last 5 seasons and top 5 every single season. The Falcons haven't finished higher than 8th in defense in 35 years, and they have only been top 10 in defense twice in 35 years.

You guys are all reaching for something. Just let them play the game and see what happens.

I normally do not like to compare teams to each other based off their performance against another team, but I will this time.

The difference the Broncos will see between Pittsburgh and Atlanta (mainly on offense) (Neg -)(Pos +)

Pittsburgh:

1. New coordinator

2. 1st season playing without Hines Ward (-)

3. Played without their #1 RB "Mendenhall" (-)

4. Their #1 receiver who I think is a #2 at best held out all offseason. New OC (-)

4a. Did he know all the plays? Could Big Ben really audible if he had too? (-)

5. None of their skill players requires a double team (-)

6. With the injury to their rookie OL they had to reshuffle the line. Majority of the sacks, 3 out 5 came from the right(-)

7. Played on the road (-)

Atlanta:

1. New coordinator "same"

2. The same players from last year minus Mughelli (+)

3. Turner and Rodgers should fair better with the attention of JJ,Roddy,Tony (+)

4. All of player reported to camp and knows the system (+) plus the no huddle, Ryan can audible if needed (+)

5. Skill players do require a double team. Can't double everybody (+)

6. OL played pretty good Sunday (?)

7. Home crowd. Ryan normally plays good at home (+)

Don't forget Ryan Clark and James harrison didn't play either.

Steelers O is no joke, their biggest stength and weakness is big ben, dude doesn't do a good job of getting the ball out on a timly matter, however the good news for them is he has no trouble man handling defenders while they are on top of him.

Our one big advantage is Ryan is a quick reader unlike BB so will be intresting how well the denver Broncos handle not getting as much pressure on the passer and how well their secondary reacts to a passer who is quicker with his reads.

You can't possibly be serious about Wallace being a #2 at best. Wallace and Brown both had over a 1000 yards last season hope you realize that; they're more like 1a and 1b. They're not better than Roddy and Julio as a tandem but they're not too far off.

Guest Negatorris

Steelers O is no joke, their biggest stength and weakness is big ben, dude doesn't do a good job of getting the ball out on a timly matter, however the good news for them is he has no trouble man handling defenders while they are on top of him.

Our one big advantage is Ryan is a quick reader unlike BB so will be intresting how well the denver Broncos handle not getting as much pressure on the passer and how well their secondary reacts to a passer who is quicker with his reads.

Their OL is a joke.

JJ healhy - breakout year+++

Moore healthy - breakout year+++

Jerry healthy - upgrade on CP ++

HD healthy - breakout year+++

Sorry we lost Ovie but at this point Polite is not a downgrade=

Weatherspoon becoming dominate +++

Ryan becoming elite +++

Jaquizz getting lion share +++

Speaking of Weatherspoon...he went OFF in the second half of the KC game

The Falcons play well in the dome. I don't think it's an "advantage" though. The crowds don't seem to be a factor during games. Just my opinion. For those of you who attend games on a regular basis, why is that?? When I'm watching at home, the crowd is loud (maybe) for not even a quarter almost like they're not that interested. I'd like for them to be factor in games the way other home crowds are for their teams

The Falcons play well in the dome. I don't think it's an "advantage" though. The crowds don't seem to be a factor during games. Just my opinion. For those of you who attend games on a regular basis, why is that?? When I'm watching at home, the crowd is loud (maybe) for not even a quarter almost like they're not that interested. I'd like for them to be factor in games the way other home crowds are for their teams

As bad as the Falcons fans are......the crowd is still a factor in lots of games, especially prime time games.

But it's not going to be against Peyton Manning.