What's Wrong With Some Of You?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone these days living in a family that isn't racially mixed is living in a dying bubble.

There is a lot of truth to that.

My wife is 50/50.

My sister is married to a Cuban. ( love the guy , only person I ever didnt want to kick their azz)

Until us though , my family has been strictly Irish Catholic.

There is a lot of truth to that.

My wife is 50/50.

My sister is married to a Cuban. ( love the guy , only person I ever didnt want to kick their azz)

Until us though , my family has been strictly Irish Catholic.

That's common and mostly out of protecting from outsiders rather than true blue racism.

Tug, I have all kinds of curious stories that you could probably clarify for me. PM one that's a little more personal.

I think people read into the demeanor of the staff whatever they want to read. Smith and the staff are not at all scared by the loss of Grimes. They are reacting to the fact that this man's career is more than likely over with and Grimes was a member of this team and someone they care about. If idiots want to read into that they think the season is over with, well...

Quick story:

I'm a freelance illustrator. Several years ago when I was first starting out I was hired to do some comps (magic marker layouts/illustrations that are supposed to look like the finished art) for a well known German photographer here in Atlanta...The client was Hanes T-shirts. In one of the ads I was supposed to show a black jazz musician in a club playing a sax wearing one of the Hanes t-shirts. There were about 10 people around the conference table. The photographer started making comments about how maybe I should have the musician with a chicken leg in one hand or a slice of watermelon. Worse "jokes" and slurs followed.

I was stunned. I needed the work but I was pizzed that these total strangers felt comfortable enough in my presence to spout this garbage. I did the following:

I reached for my wallet and said, "I guess no one here knew that I am married to a black woman, and we're expecting our first child."

Dead silence. It was like Tony Siragusa just cut a broccoli fart. I let them twist for a few moments. The photographer started to stammer and stutter...."I'm sorry, I did not know." I told them I wasn't married to a black woman but that I didn't appreciate the conversation. I picked up my portfolio and started to leave.

They apologized and told me that they still wanted me to do the job. I did the work but never heard from them again and could have cared less.

Quick story:

I'm a freelance illustrator. Several years ago when I was first starting out I was hired to do some comps (magic marker layouts/illustrations that are supposed to look like the finished art) for a well known German photographer here in Atlanta...The client was Hanes T-shirts. In one of the ads I was supposed to show a black jazz musician in a club playing a sax wearing one of the Hanes t-shirts. There were about 10 people around the conference table. The photographer started making comments about how maybe I should have the musician with a chicken leg in one hand or a slice of watermelon. Worse "jokes" and slurs followed.

I was stunned. I needed the work but I was pizzed that these total strangers felt comfortable enough in my presence to spout this garbage. I did the following:

I reached for my wallet and said, "I guess no one here knew that I am married to a black woman, and we're expecting our first child."

Dead silence. It was like Tony Siragusa just cut a broccoli fart. I let them twist for a few moments. The photographer started to stammer and stutter...."I'm sorry, I did not know." I told them I wasn't married to a black woman but that I didn't appreciate the conversation. I picked up my portfolio and started to leave.

They apologized and told me that they still wanted me to do the job. I did the work but never heard from them again and could have cared less.

I feel like I make the words powerful. I feel like I should take the power away. I simply cannot. Am I petty? Am I weak? I get so amped over words. I feel like I shouldn't

Ummmm, just so I'm clear, you didn't think I meant what I wrote in terms of my apology to not only Karst but to the rest of all of you??

You did?

I guess I should have read the final comments before I deleted the Topic.

Hate it when that happens. Oh well.

Tell you what.

Everybody on this forum has members that just irritate them to no end.

If I am your Huckleberry then so be it. you can come blazing for me at any time,

but please bring your A-Game,,

You did?

I guess I should have read the final comments before I deleted the Topic.

Hate it when that happens. Oh well.

Tell you what.

Everybody on this forum has members that just irritate them to no end.

If I am your Huckleberry then so be it. you can come blazing for me at any time,

but please bring your A-Game,,

To be fair , he did come to me with what seemed sincerity.

Must not have read my topic last night laugh.png

Couldn't...my net access has been down to an inbred backhoe operator.

You weren't throwing in the towel due to Grimes were you?

Don't make me call you something!

It stings, but this team is far from done.

Trust in Nolan.

Couldn't...my net access has been down to an inbred backhoe operator.

You weren't throwing in the towel due to Grimes were you?

Don't make me call you something!

It stings, but this team is far from done.

Trust in Nolan.

Naw,, I was Roasting on Tommy Boy Dimitroff.

Started an all out slap fight. It was great, everybody was hammering on me pretty good.

and was definately rabble rousing.

I kept waiting to get totally roasted by you, and got backhoed instead.

sux for me huh