I Think We Have To Keep Dunta In The Slot And Play Owens Outside

SLEVEN

Owens has shown that he is a better CB when he has the side line to play with and I think Dunta would be more valuable in the slot. Playing Owens in the slot and putting Dunta back out side pretty much gives us the same secondary as last season.

Dunta been trash regardless where we put him, but Owens has shown talent on the outside so I agree. My question is, why didn't this coaching staff do that last year

Owens should be playing outside. Dunta needs to play more physical inside. McCluster was doing him all day. The should have had Dunta jam him at the line or play press. That would have made him more effective.

Promise u there was a reason he wasnt, - there is a reason for this, we may not know what it is, but we as a MB have to stop making these out of context blanket statements regarding single positions as if the cooordinators just dont see it and happen to forget that, no

Owens is much better on the outside, whereas in the slot he gets used and abused. In the second half the defense put the clamps down and we pretty much shut down the Chiefs. If we can carry that momentum in, I'm confident we can overcome Grimes' injury. If Robinson or Owens is gonna show us something, its this year, and it stars next week.

Edited by FeezFTW

Owens has shown that he is a better CB when he has the side line to play with and I think Dunta would be more valuable in the slot. Playing Owens in the slot and putting Dunta back out side pretty much gives us the same secondary as last season.

This is what we did when grimes went out yesterday so I wouldn't expect anything different.

As I've said before, mike nolan has had far worse db situations in the past in which he has still had success.

I expect us to make a move for a corner and continue on.

A lot of you cry bloody murder as soon as adversity strikes. Glad none of y'all own or manage football teams.

Proof of him being better on the outside is clearly in both the Packers (Nickel) and Giants (Outside) playoff games, he can handle himself when the ball is thrown deep on the outside.