Espn Total Qbr

Falconsfan567

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen...

And even though bad QB play can still lead to a win (see Vick on Sun), there's always the old 'eyeball test'...

Dude, that was an ugly football game. Uuuuuuuuuugly.

Brandon Weeden has to be the worst 1st round draft pick in the history of the NFL. By the time he does develop into a player, if he does, he is going to be ready to collect his social security check.

Brandon Weeden has to be the worst 1st round draft pick in the history of the NFL. By the time he does develop into a player, if he does, he is going to be ready to collect his social security check.

Hard to disagree at this point...but it's early...and it's not as if he went to a well-rounded franchise.

Dang Peyton. Weeden gets zero love.....lol

My only point is....if you make a guy the oldest 1st round draft pick in league history, he better be ready to play. He isn't.

No he isn't...but again, neither is his overall team...

But I don't disagree with you really...just offering a weak devil's advocate stance

And I will say this...the Eagles defensive front 7 is for real this year...and DRC is balling...

Our offense w/ Vick? That's another story...

No he isn't...but again, neither is his overall team...

But I don't disagree with you really...just offering a weak devil's advocate stance

And I will say this...the Eagles defensive front 7 is for real this year...and DRC is balling...

Our offense w/ Vick? That's another story...

You are right. His overall team is a long way from ready, which makes drafting a soon to be 29 year old QB even more bizarre.

The Vick thing from Sunday....that has to be an abberation. I'm no fan of the guy, but it's extremely rare to see him make that many terrible decisions in one game. Cleveland did a great job, had him very confused.

You are right. His overall team is a long way from ready, which makes drafting a soon to be 29 year old QB even more bizarre.

The Vick thing from Sunday....that has to be an abberation. I'm no fan of the guy, but it's extremely rare to see him make that many terrible decisions in one game. Cleveland did a great job, had him very confused.

Well Cleveland does have 3 ex-coaches from the Eagles staff...so that may be 'part' of it.

But, a the same time, Vick just made really bad decisions. I'd love to call it rust since he missed the preseason (except for about 10 plays)...but I can't

If anyone had an excuse for rust for true reg season game speed, it was Peyton Manning...and he didn't seem to have that many issues processing what he saw...

Weeden had some pretty throws that were dropped or the WR didn't get open. I am not putting that all on Weeden.

Dude, I watched the whole game, and that guy sucks. He threw two fly patterns to DRC that simply weren't there. On his last INT that ended the game he threw the ball 5 feet behind the receiver and like 8 feet over his head.

He was bad man. The Browns did cook Aso on a pretty slant play though.

I am guessing none, since you seem to be asking the question as a set up for something. I know he threw 4 against Buffalo last year. However, bad decisions on the football field could extend beyond interceptions. Or did you intend to limit it just to INTs?

Let me put it this way. If his performance on Sunday wasn't an abberation, he wouldn't have a job, because he would be losing a lot more.

I am guessing none, since you seem to be asking the question as a set up for something. I know he threw 4 against Buffalo last year. However, bad decisions on the football field could extend beyond interceptions. Or did you intend to limit it just to INTs?

He was lucky to just have 4 INTs...it could've been 7 easily.

He also fumbled twice and eagles recovered. Yes, it was 'that' bad. Still can't believe the Eagles won...still in shock. The D was 'that' good...

But it was Cleveland...so we will see going forward...home against the Ravens this week...ouch

Well Cleveland does have 3 ex-coaches from the Eagles staff...so that may be 'part' of it.

But, a the same time, Vick just made really bad decisions. I'd love to call it rust since he missed the preseason (except for about 10 plays)...but I can't

If anyone had an excuse for rust for true reg season game speed, it was Peyton Manning...and he didn't seem to have that many issues processing what he saw...

Vick simply cannot be trusted as a full time QB.

Let me put it this way. If his performance on Sunday wasn't an abberation, he wouldn't have a job, because he would be losing a lot more.

I would guess that if you added in fumbles, he has probably had lots of 3-4 turnover games. Still, his talent allows him to overcome that. Sometimes anyways. He still has a job because the undeniable upside is there and plain to see, but he keeps his job in spite of the equally undeniable downside, also plain to see.

I would guess that if you added in fumbles, he has probably had lots of 3-4 turnover games. Still, his talent allows him to overcome that. Sometimes anyways. He still has a job because the undeniable upside is there and plain to see, but he keeps his job in spite of the equally undeniable downside, also plain to see.

His athletic talent does not overcome everything.

Here a link to an article that I think is spot on:

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2012/09/what-if-michael-vick-were-tiger-woods.html

I like the analogy...even though part of me dislikes it because Vick was never as dominant as Tiger was...not even close