Why Is Everybody So Afraid Of The Broncos?

Captain Falcon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everybody so afraid of the Broncos? Even without Grimes, we are a way better team then Denver. With Grimes we were significantly better. Without Grimes, we will still kill them. Manning is elite? Ryan can play elite too. The only difference is Ryan has a Julio Jones.

Haven't you heard? We're playing the 07 Patriots next Monday! rolleyes.gif I swear everyone is seriously overreacting and cowering like 5 year old girls. Just like they did last year before the Eagles game. Problem is, this time we've shown promise and won big week 1. Why are people acting like we're gonna get blown the fck out!? Believe FOR ONCE!

Because of:

1. Their pass rush

2. Our lack of pass rush

3. Their QB

4. Our worldbeater CB is on IR.

I'm worried about the first two the most. Not overly worried about losing Grimes. Yeah it sucks, but Owens has shown that he's decent playing outside (think back to his rookie year). Owens does need to step up, but I have faith in the kid.

Should be a good game.

I watched their game last night and the thing that stood out the most to me, besides Manning of course, was how weak the Broncos secondary was. The Steelers were able to get wide open on a regular basis and when the Broncos blitzed the Steelers hurt them with quick passes. My expectation is that the passing game will pick up where it left off but with RB screens thrown in to slow down Miller and the rest of their pass rush.

Their defense is better than ours, but I think our O is better than theirs.....It's gonna be a good game!

No it's not. They have Bailey, Dumervil, and Miller. That's it, Porter is getting stupid overrated after that game, he's fluky and will have great games and follow them up with ones where he gives up nearly 200 yards and 2+ touchdowns by himself

I think we have the slight overall edge on offense with Ryan and our receiving corps, but right now I don't think our defense is as good as theirs. One obvious difference, they have a pass rush and we don't. Oh, yeah, also our main CB is toast. This game will be predicted to be a shoot-out,

but if the Denver pass rush gets to Ryan our offense won't be able to keep up. The Falcons tend to play very and scared and tight when playing in front of a national tv audience, so advantage Denver even though it's here at the Dome. I think Denver wins this one by a TD. On a brighter note, if the Falcons do lose this game I think it will help steel them and get them mentally ready for all the tough games that lie ahead.

Edited by PokerSteve

I watched their game last night and the thing that stood out the most to me, besides Manning of course, was how weak the Broncos secondary was. The Steelers were able to get wide open on a regular basis and when the Broncos blitzed the Steelers hurt them with quick passes. My expectation is that the passing game will pick up where it left off but with RB screens thrown in to slow down Miller and the rest of their pass rush.

What game were you watching? The Broncos blanket their WR's till Big Ben started moving in the pocket and eluding sacks.

No it's not. They have Bailey, Dumervil, and Miller. That's it, Porter is getting stupid overrated after that game, he's fluky and will have great games and follow them up with ones where he gives up nearly 200 yards and 2+ touchdowns by himself

Who cares about names. From watching the games i can see they have a much better pass rush than we do and are better in coverage as well.

Because of:

2. Our lack of pass rush

4. Our worldbeater CB is on IR.

The Chiefs didn't really provide the best example for our pass rush. They're such a run heavy team that the team couldn't pin their ears back until the offense started pulling ahead and forced them to pass, at which point the pass rush really began hitting home. There were three sacks and Cassel was running for his life for much of the second half.

Losing Grimes is also disappointing, but it isn't the end of the world. The team lived last year when he was out for four games and that was with a vastly inferior DC compared to Nolan.