Realistic Trade Scenario.

Creative

I could see us trading a 3rd or 4th round pick for a good, young corner. Why?

- Obviously Grimes is hurt

- Robinson may be let go this offseason to free up cap room. He has been serviceable at best. We need to look for a long term starter here.

- Assuming we don't resign Grimes, we're going to have money to resign this guy (if we do indeed find someone).

- We've been terrible at drafting CB's under TD

- We have all of our picks (I believe), so a 3rd won't be as critical to us as it was last season.

I don't know who we'd target.. but I think it makes sense.

Either mike Jenkins or that mckelvin guy in buffalo who was on the block at one time. Just one thing though. Will a new man have to sit half the season to learn the playbook or do we throw him out there in certain packages.

Nah I think if we trade for somebody they are getting the trial by fire/learn on the fly treatment...

Jenkins from the cowboys?

No:

1) he is just getting healthy himself and tends to get hurt

2) he is pissed at the cowboys because they brought in 2 starters.

3) he wants to start

4) he is in his final year i believe and will be a FA. He wants a trade because he wants to get Paid the big bucks.

So him coming here makes no sense. he wont wanna come as a backup and if he did come he would likely walk afte rthis season for $$$$

No:

1) he is just getting healthy himself and tends to get hurt

2) he is pissed at the cowboys because they brought in 2 starters.

3) he wants to start

4) he is in his final year i believe and will be a FA. He wants a trade because he wants to get Paid the big bucks.

So him coming here makes no sense. he wont wanna come as a backup and if he did come he would likely walk afte rthis season for $$$$

And the Cowboys look WAY better without him on th field

No dude, no more trading draft picks... it's time for us to get better people scouting working behind the scenes to find the better talent, TD expects players to come in and be good automatically, but in reality we only need a someone who can make basic plays at the Corner position now, later on they'll coach him up and make him better. Instead of always expecting to draft a Hall of Famer lets draft some project players....

We have the answer. Owens is here. It will be about a 6-8 week ugly learning curve, but he has more than enought skill and speed. He is a slow learner and needs rep. We may be burnt ugly, but we will make some big plays. Wait, that is the same as if we had Grimes.

This is a boom or bust defense. You give some tough knocks, and we are sure to get some back. 8 weeks down the road we will have a cheaper option than resigning a recently oft injured 30 year old.

Our offense can carry us to a better than .500 record against any opposition. The QBs like Peyton and Drew were going to feast on us no matter if Grimes is out there or not. We made Matt Cassel look unstoppable until into the 2nd half with Grimes.

We are based on offense. We are like the Packers of recent superbowl success. We will give up epic numbers on defense, but make more than enough big plays to suppliment a great offense.

The days of the playoffs being dominated soley by teams that run and stop the run are gone. Score the ball is the present and future of the game.