Really Why The Freaking Out

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

I know I am going to get blasted. But I have never been a fan of brent grimes. I did not hate him or dislike him, I just saw we could come out with someone better.

everytime I say things like this, people come at me with stats. and honestly what is on paper does not win games.

Brent was in the first half as well as the second half......the first half was horrible and the second half did decent. it was not crap to awesome....it was crap to "OK".

brent grimes is not a game changer.

also when Asante has played manning"S" he has usually been on the outside and has done great every single time against them. so this is actually great news because we do not have to worry about telling grimes to move to nickel during the giants and broncos games.

go ahead give me fire, but I am not worried that much. it sucks, yes. but I am not in panick mode at all. in fact I am happy to see Franks and think he needs a lot of on the field so we can see a star out of him, and I felt they made a mistake letting him go. I was so happy when they brought him back.

We just lost our best CB....

That we were going to lose next year anyway.

I dont get the freak-outs either. Remember how Grimes became our starter anyway? By getting thrown into the fire. So why cant any of our young guys? 2 years ago half the people bitching didnt even want him on the team.

We won 4 games w/out him last year, WITHOUT a competant DC or Asante to plug into his spot. Now, we also have both and an O that appears to be able to score at will. We will be fine.

Edited by RubberDucky

You can tell a lot about the people who post here when an injury happens. Some panic and get all depressed because that is what they do when something unexpected happens in other areas of concern to them. Some just don't really care because they deal that way with other areas of concern in their lives that way. Some just take it and decide they are going to make the best of the situation and expect the coaches to do the same.

Like you, I was no great fan of Brent Grimes. Watching him on the sidelines during the Giants game last year just ruined any admiration I had for the guy. Some here do believe that he was like a midget cornerback god though and after they cry for a few weeks, they will be fine.

Guest Negatorris

Grimes was our best DB...

On a horrible pass defense. What was the highest we've finished in pass D ranking? Grimes was good but he was not a game changer. You all freak out at the slightest thing.

Brent Grimes is an athletic freak and a playmaker sometimes.

He was never, and would never have been a GREAT corner, he just doesn't have the physical build. He makes a lot of sense as a nickel corner, but I have never liked him going up against the #1 guys in this league.

But whatever, to hear everyone else tell it I'm wrong and Grimes was some kind of phenom.

Grimes was our best DB...

On a horrible pass defense. What was the highest we've finished in pass D ranking? Grimes was good but he was not a game changer. You all freak out at the slightest thing.

This is a ****ing ignorant way of thinking. Did you know that there are 6 other people responsible for pass coverage? This is as stupid as saying Jake Long isn't that good of a LT because the Dolphins gave up the third most sacks in the NFL last year. Fact: Grimes gave up the fewest yard per pass coverage snap in the NFL last year. This kind of **** is a litmus test for being able to tell who knows football on here. If you think Grimes is anything other than a top tier CB in this league, you aren't to be listened to.

This is a ****ing ignorant way of thinking. Did you know that there are 6 other people responsible for pass coverage? This is as stupid as saying Jake Long isn't that good of a LT because the Dolphins gave up the third most sacks in the NFL last year. Fact: Grimes gave up the fewest yard per pass coverage snap in the NFL last year. This kind of **** is a litmus test for being able to tell who knows football on here. If you think Grimes is anything other than a top tier CB in this league, you aren't to be listened to.

SOMEBODY WHO GETS IT. thank god.

It's just a coping mechanism. Granted, while Grimes was good, good thing Dimitroff didn't extend him. He's only in it for the paycheck.

Edited by Mr. Right

Honestly, I'd rather my team's secondary be intact than it not be, especially our starters. This will hurt us against Peyton, especially with them having a balanced offense now.

Also, Grimes wasn't the biggest CB, but when even people like Tony Gonzalez (or a lot of other NFL experts for that matter) say that he is good, then he is probably good.