I Believe In This Team

fansince78

While some of you are down in the dumps about Grimes being out, this kind of thing happens in football. I don't think he is that big of a loss, some of you do...it don't matter though, he is out for the season and opinion (mine or yours) means nothing. The coaching staff has to make adjustments and make ones that work.

I do believe that under Nolan it is quite possible that Robinson return to the form that made him so desirable to the Falcons and with Samuel on the other side, I am not pushing no panic button.

While some of you are down in the dumps about Grimes being out, this kind of thing happens in football. I don't think he is that big of a loss, some of you do...it don't matter though, he is out for the season and opinion (mine or yours) means nothing. The coaching staff has to make adjustments and make ones that work.

I do believe that under Nolan it is quite possible that Robinson return to the form that made him so desirable to the Falcons and with Samuel on the other side, I am not pushing no panic button.

Honestly this is the most naive opinion you can have regarding Grimes. Just stick your head in the dirt like an ostrich and hope it will be fine while you fire off some more easy cliches like "this kind of thing happens," "I don't think he is that big of a loss", and " the coaching staff has to make some adjustments."

Are you really serious with these idiotic statements? Because you are the only one in the NFL world who thinks losing your #1 CB is "not that big of a loss."

BTW I believe in this team too, but I can't ignore reality like you do and just hope some kind of magic happens to replace our #1 CB. Manning will shred this defense next Monday.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

Guest Negatorris

We will be okay. Nolan knows how to get the most out of his D, and the offense can win shootouts if need be. Grimes never really looked like his old self since after his last injury.

Honestly this is the most naive opinion you can have regarding Grimes. Just stick your head in the dirt like an ostrich and hope it will be fine while you fire off some more easy cliches like "this kind of thing happens," "I don't think he is that big of a loss", and " the coaching staff has to make some adjustments."

Are you really serious with these idiotic statements? Because you are the only one in the NFL world who thinks losing your #1 CB is "not that big of a loss."

Sorry if it goes right over your head, but injuries happen in football. Great teams overcome them.

How did that work out?

Poorly at first, but to be fair the entire defense struggled in the first half. Then something magical happened that we haven't seen in years: The defensive coordinator made adjustments and the defense shut the opposing offense down until garbage time. For that reason I can safely say that losing Grimes sucks but losing him is not the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination since we have a great DC.

Guest Negatorris

There's nothing nobody can really say to calm down the panic.

The Falcons will just have to shut you all up in a week from now, and I believe they will.

Guest Negatorris

I hope so.

They will.

Nolan will get the defense to step up, and play collectively as a UNIT. Each level will help the other, and they will shock the league. I believe in this team.

I'm not so much freaking out about Grime's loss as I am how poorly the defense played even before he got hurt. This defense looked like BVG 2.0; no pass rush, no tight coverage, no getting off the field on third and long. Didn't see the aggression I thought Nolan was bringing, just another vanilla-looking game plan that gave up a lot of yards and points. Definitely stopped the bleeding in the second half until late, but you can't start off like that against Manning next week and survive. As for replacing Grimes, I imagine TD is going to bring in somebody to replace him. Who that somebody will be is the puzzler at the moment.

BTW I believe in this team too, but I can't ignore reality like you do and just hope some kind of magic happens to replace our #1 CB. Manning will shred this defense next Monday.

There have been championship teams that endured a lot worse. Green Bay the year they stomped a mud-hole in us for example.

Your comments are ridiculous. There is nothing me, you, him or anyone on this board can do to fix this situation. There is nothing we can do other than "stick our heads in the sand and hope we will be fine" (which I believe we will be). Is coming in here acting like a whine-azz gonna fix the situation? If so many people join your stupid azz doom and gloom club, is brent going to develop mystic healing powers and be ready on monday? We won games w/out him last year, and that was without Asante to fill in and an incompetant DC. We also have an Offense that can put up points. I honestly believe that we are capable of outscoring anyone and that the success of this season has always rested on the O's shoulders.

Sorry if it goes right over your head, but injuries happen in football. Great teams overcome them.

Very true. And we haven't had a player come in and step it up in a while. We are way overdue for someone to surprise, and I'm thinking there's no better time than now. This unfortunate situation is going to be someone's fortunate opportunity I think.

Celtik