Grimes Done For The Year?

joe horn

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Atlanta Falcons suffered a huge blow on Sunday when cornerback Brent Grimes suffered an Achilles injury and is expected to miss the remainder of the season. Grimes was tagged as a the team's franchise player during the offseason and reluctantly signed the tender after the two sides couldn't come to an agreement on a long term contract.

The injury will force the Falcons to go with Asante Samuel and Dunta Robinson likely as the team's starting corners. Atlanta acquired Samuel from the Eagles during the offseason but it was Grimes who was the team's starting left corner.

Up next for the Falcons is a Monday night matchup against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos in the team's home opener.

This is exactly why players HATE to sign that one-year deal.

yea but grimes made more off the tag than what he would have made as a FA IMO

he is very good

but 11 mil a yr good ????

probably not

Well, now he just lost all his leverage in negotiating. This offseason could be interesting for you if they cant reach a deal during the season.

Well, now he just lost all his leverage in negotiating. This offseason could be interesting for you if they cant reach a deal during the season.

i think they offered him like 9 mil a yr on a 5 yr deal gaining a mil each yr

5 yrs 60 mil + a Signing bonus

he turned it down

soooooooooooooooooo yea

either way

he is gone for the yr

and its gonna hurt

i think they offered him like 9 mil a yr on a 5 yr deal gaining a mil each yr

5 yrs 60 mil + a Signing bonus

he turned it down

soooooooooooooooooo yea

either way

he is gone for the yr

and its gonna hurt

Well, with the new CBA having a flat cap he needs to take what he can get. Brees has royally ****** the Saints cap, I hope Grimes doesnt try the same thing.

Well, with the new CBA having a flat cap he needs to take what he can get. Brees has royally ****** the Saints cap, I hope Grimes doesnt try the same thing.

well he was getting bad advise from his stupid azz ol lady

he should have took the deal....

now

you are 100% right

he has no leverage and will have to reprove himself all over again

Falcons already made it clear (before he was hurt) that will NOT give him Revis Money, no matter how much his woman believes he is worth it....

Probably the Falcons best DB....Sucks for Grimes.

These are the types of critical injuries that can change a team.

Saints are waiting on news for Johnny Patrick at DB...he went down yesterday also. Initial news is he isn't as bad as thought, but its a knee injury.

no doubt

this secondary was a big reason i picked Falcons to win South

now we are out our best corner

for sure things have changed in the last 12 hrs

heyyyyy what can ya do

you keep playing and hope someone steps up....

a grimes kinda player can cost you 2 or 3 games you would have won with him...

thats more than enough games to keep you home in Jan in this Div

Falcons just went from 12-4 to 10-6. Gonna be a long season watching our secondary get torched.

I agree, and even 10 wins may be hard to come by

M Ryan will keep us in some games

but i dont know if we can win shootouts with the likes of Brees, The Manning Bros or even a Romo or Rivers

Grimes is a great example of a player fighting his way up the ladder. He wasnt given anything because of his height.

Hate to see him go down.

its nice of you guys to say these things...

but I know, you are breathing a bit easier now

with 3 starting corners, we could match up better vs Saints, and I feel that would have been the dif in getting us past you and maybe even sweeping you this yr....

we would have really been able to do some Nasty things with AS, Grimes and DRob in our Nickle Packages ...

like i say its nice of you guys to say it, but i would like for once , for some to be honest and say, he77 I am glad he is out because it helps our team

and that is the honest truth

something rare in these parts lol

its nice of you guys to say these things...

but I know, you are breathing a bit easier now

with 3 starting corners, we could match up better vs Saints, and I feel that would have been the dif in getting us past you and maybe even sweeping you this yr....

we would have really been able to do some Nasty things with AS, Grimes and DRob in our Nickle Packages ...

like i say its nice of you guys to say it, but i would like for once , for some to be honest and say, he77 I am glad he is out because it helps our team

and that is the honest truth

something rare in these parts lol

honestly grimes is the only CB on your team that scares me. Matt Cassell was throwing wild in that secondary, so no i dont think that would of been the difference. A shoot out is coming no matter who is in the secondary

honestly grimes is the only CB on your team that scares me. Matt Cassell was throwing wild in that secondary, so no i dont think that would of been the difference. A shoot out is coming no matter who is in the secondary

This is true for many teams. The Jets have Cromartie and Revis, but that doesnt keep teams from passing on them.

to start the yr for sure

but by week 6 or so, with all 3 of those corners

Falcons D was gonna be very very good under Nolan

IMO